TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Conference Semifinals

As someone who watched a Jazz/Warriors game live this year, I feel confident that Utah will handle GS. They can't manhandle Boozer like they did Dirk, plus Utah is unbeatable at home and they got home court. Jazz in six.

As someone who watched a Jazz/Warriors game live this year, I feel confident that Utah will handle GS. They can't manhandle Boozer like they did Dirk, plus Utah is unbeatable at home and they got home court. Jazz in six.

So the fact that Golden State beat Utah by 24 in their last meeting doesn't concern you? or that GS controlled the previous game for three quarters until Utah made a late run to escape with a win?

So after all the contact the whole game, they call that pussy ass bullshit on Barbosa now? REALLY?

So after all the contact the whole game, they call that pussy ass bullshit on Barbosa now? REALLY?

Yeah, I don't know what the deal was there. Tony P really sold that one well too. This has been an extremely physical game and that was just disappointing.

Don't even joke like that Lushus.

Spurs get game one, but on a confidence level, the Suns have to feel good and can be thinking that had Nash not missed so many critical plays they would have won.

That horrible call on the Barbosa play really hurt though, along with them allowing the Spurs to play as physical as they wanted and the suns having to play less physical. I mean seriously, Bruce Bowen brought hand checking back today.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal was there. Tony P really sold that one well too. This has been an extremely physical game and that was just disappointing.

To be fair, Tony got jobbed on that "charge" where Raja Bell moved into him while in the restricted area a few plays earlier.

This game was fun to watch, but eerily similar to those 05 games which has to be disconcerting for Suns fans.

good lord guys...can you imagine the snorefest if Utah and San Antonio go to the conference finals?

Spurs-Warriors would be ugly though

Spurs won a game by 35 and had a 15-20 point lead throughout another game. And that was during the Warriors hot streak

Late picks:

Pistons in 6

Nets in 6

Suns in 7 (wishful thinking here)

Warriors in 6

One theme of these playoffs seems to be the inability to guard the corner 3 (especially whoever's playing the Spurs). You can't let an NBA player get a wide open look from that spot. I'd much rather take a chance on giving up a close 2.

Parker having 32 points is too damn much. Nash needs to D him up better.

Nash played D on him all of 5 plays. His jumper was on today and the Suns were going under the screens, not trusting his jumper. He was very consistant tonight.

My late picks are Jazz in 7, Spurs in 7, Bulls in 6 and Cavs in 5.

That Cavs/Nets series would be a totally different beast with Krstic healthy.

And I'll admit that I underestimated the Spurs. Everyone makes fucked up picks. However, I think they'll fall off the map sooner rather than later. And by sooner, I mean in 2 years rather than 5.

Guest Richard McBeef

Weak. When Michael Jordan played with a cold, he said it was food poisoning or the flu! You never "just have a cold," Lebron! Go enjoy your limestone statue of yourself.

Weak. When Michael Jordan played with a cold, he said it was food poisoning or the flu! You never "just have a cold," Lebron! Go enjoy your limestone statue of yourself.

Exactly. Make it worse than it is like Jordon did.

I would like to mention that I give props to the officials in the spurs/suns game for allowing Nash to play when he did with his face looking like that. they were trying to keep the game from being anticlimatic, but they had rules to go by.

I just realized i don't give a crap about watching any other series but the Suns/Spurs. wow.

Guest Richard McBeef

Even as a 5th grader, I knew MJ didn't really have THAT bad a case of food poisoning if he had such a great night. Though I did take a page from his playbook and claim that every success I had in school or elsewhere involved me heroically overcoming food poisoning. I think my teachers believed my parents fed me nothing but month-old shrimp.

Even as a 5th grader, I knew MJ didn't really have THAT bad a case of food poisoning if he had such a great night. Though I did take a page from his playbook and claim that every success I had in school or elsewhere involved me heroically overcoming food poisoning. I think my teachers believed my parents fed me nothing but month-old shrimp.

Oddly, my best basketball game ever, I had a messed up stomach. Real bubble guts going on. Halftime was not fun for my teammates.

therefore my theory: Food poisoning = greatness

omg, LeBron played with a cold today! Such intestinal fortitude!

I didn't hear him bitch about it. He said he had a cold. No biggie. ESPN sure didn't mention it at all this morning. The Brewers/Pirates game got more coverage than Cavs/Nets.

it seems strange to complain about this when the pistons are leading decisively the entire game, but the foul calls on the piston frontline is ridiculous. I don't know wtf Dick Bavetta is doing out there, sheed, dice, max, and webber, all with like 5 or 6 fouls. Bulls have like a 25+ Free throw attempt advantage. if i were more paranoid i'd wonder if bavetta wasn't trying to find a way to make this series less one-sided, considering his history.