TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Conference Semifinals

Man, Golden State might go into game 5 with Davis and Richardson suspended from the hard fouls towards the end of the game.

Richardson shouldn't, Davis probably should although I didn't get a good look at it. but if it was a elbow to the head, he should get suspended. Richardsons looked bad, but he made a play on the ball and caught arm. Shouldn't have even been a flagrant.

Phoenix better win their series, not so much because a spurs/jazz series would be boring to me, since I'm a Jazz fan, but because I have the utmost confidence we would beat them in a series. We've had their and the Pistons number the past two years and that could potentially end up being our path to the title.

I agree with you 100%. I love how the Spurs are everyone's heels in these playoffs (with the exception of the Cleveland Cavaliers for some I guess).

I was very impressed with the resolve I saw again out of the Jazz tonight. It's frustrating as Jazz fan never getting to see their games on TV during the regular season but it's rewarding to finally see the pieces of the puzzle start coming together after the last few seasons where we missed the playoffs. I was thinking the Conference Semis would be as far as we got after having a flat finish at the end of the regular season so being within one game of the Conference Finals is pretty awesome.

I agree with you 100%. I love how the Spurs are everyone's heels in these playoffs (with the exception of the Cleveland Cavaliers for some I guess).

My "heel team" is the Utah Jazzzzzz (the extra z's are for them boring me with their free throw shooting contests). It's sad, because under most circumstances, I would like them. I enjoy watching Boozer, Williams, Kirelenko, and Okur when they're not fouling the other team constantly and can play smooth-flowing basketball. They also eliminated the Rockets, and probably the Warriors too so that's a big strike against them.

Guest Vitamin X

I still have hope Golden State can somehow pull this one off. They hung in there for a while, but Utah is an incredibly well-rounded team.

And if Chicago can pull off a Red Sox comeback, good for them, but I have severe doubts of it happening against Detroit.

The NBA made the knee to the groin a flagrant foul. But no fine, no suspension, so really absolutely nothing was done but change the call later when it no longer matters in the least.

I have no idea why they even bothered.

Guest George's Box
And if Chicago can pull off a Red Sox comeback, good for them, but I have severe doubts of it happening against Detroit.

I don't think anyone really expects that. We're just happy they won a game, but y'know, had they not collapsed at the end of Game 3, we'd be talking about a best two out of three situation heading into tomorrow.

Guest George's Box

Oh, sure, I'd like them to win in Detroit, then Chicago, then Detroit again, but it does not bode well for the Bulls. I wonder what sorts of changes will be made. Word on the street is that Chris Duhon is a goner.

The NBA made the knee to the groin a flagrant foul. But no fine, no suspension, so really absolutely nothing was done but change the call later when it no longer matters in the least.

My problem with it is that they suspended Kobe twice this year for a unnatural basketball move, but this...this is okay. Anyone that has ever played basketball please tell me how natural it is for you to knee a guy in the balls while trying to create space.

Guest George's Box

I hope Bruce Bowen hard-fouls Stephen Jackson in the near future. That's when basketball will be fun.

I wish he would take a shot at Raja. Did anyone catch the conversation they had in the last game. I am not a great lip reader but raja was telling bowen something along the lines of "Tell (someone) to watch that elbow shit. Because if I break their fucking jaw, they will be wondering why".

I know i definately got the "break their fucking jaw" and "wondering why" part right. And he did the elbow motion to show what they were doing.

Oh, sure, I'd like them to win in Detroit, then Chicago, then Detroit again, but it does not bode well for the Bulls. I wonder what sorts of changes will be made. Word on the street is that Chris Duhon is a goner.

Good. I remember in the Heat series he kept taking those shots and missing them. I thought he would cost them a game or two, but luckily that didn't happen. Before this Pistons series started, I thought Gordon would be a definite keeper, but now? I wouldn't be too upset if he was to be traded in a decent deal. Now the only guy I think is a definite "must-keep" is Luol Deng.

Guest George's Box

He drinks too much and misses morning film sessions, and evidently doesn't play at 100%. Me, I'd hang on to Deng, Hinrich, and Nocioni.

Hinrich has shown he can be burnt defensively and he isn't the greatest offensive player at the position either. I'd keep him for now, but if a better option came along, I would not mind letting Hinrich go too.

Hinrich is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. He is getting burnt by one of the better offensive players. That is what happens.

Trading Ben Gordon SHOULD make them use Thabo Shefalosha at the starting 2, and that would make them a better team if they had a decent scoring threat. ANYwhere. But with no low post presense, that really really hurts. Maybe with the Knick pick and Gordon they could move to get a decent low post threat. I don't see that happening, but hey.

Guest George's Box

Ripper, how deep is this draft? If the Bulls don't land a top 3 pick, is it advantageous to trade it away for someone established?

Al Horford would fit well next to Ben Wallace. He's the low post presence you need. But if you can find someone established, I'd make the trade. It depends on where the pick is. You're at 9th slot right now, so chances are he'll be gone by then.

Great game for Mikki Moore, too bad Vince's craptacular play cost the Nets the game.

As a Clipper fan I saw Darius Miles, Odom, Q Richardson, Andre Miller, Chris Wilcox and others let go by the team and honestly the only move that dumbfounded me was them letting Mikki Moore go two seasons ago. He was a great energy guy and a good back-up for Brand and Kaman.

Its a pretty deep draft, but there just aren't many guys left that go to the block and score with a array of moves. If they want a post scorer they need to find him in the league. That Pau Gasol trade probably looks pretty good now. People keep talking about deng, Paxson didn't want to move Deng OR Gordon. Gordon, that Knick pick and Pj Browns expiring contract probably could have gotten it done.

Right now, I would see what would Portland take for Zach Randolf.

Randolph is more of a face up shooter than a low block player. Even when he gets to the paint, he'll usually end up fading away or facing up at the end of the move.

Well, if you get so many flagrant foul points, it's a suspension (I think it's three in the postseason), plus a $5K fine for each flagrant.

Randolph is more of a face up shooter than a low block player. Even when he gets to the paint, he'll usually end up fading away or facing up at the end of the move.

I am going to have to disagree there. He does face up, but he is one of the few remaining low block scorers. Another guy to look at is Jermaine O'neil. Especially if they lose their first rounder to Atlanta.

Guest Vitamin X
Its a pretty deep draft, but there just aren't many guys left that go to the block and score with a array of moves. If they want a post scorer they need to find him in the league. That Pau Gasol trade probably looks pretty good now. People keep talking about deng, Paxson didn't want to move Deng OR Gordon. Gordon, that Knick pick and Pj Browns expiring contract probably could have gotten it done.

I've heard that if they don't get a really good lottery pick, they'll be willing to trade that, but although Randolph and Miles keep getting into trouble here (I just read in the Oregonian about them being at some nightclub shooting the other night) Randolph is essential to the team having any sort of success in the near future.

I wonder if getting someone like Odom or Gasol would help. They definitely need a strong forward and/or a quick center. They're set on the perimeter with guys like Jarrett Jack and Roy. Randolph had an All-Star calibre year this past season, though. I don't know who Portland could get to replace that.

I've heard that if they don't get a really good lottery pick, they'll be willing to trade that, but although Randolph and Miles keep getting into trouble here (I just read in the Oregonian about them being at some nightclub shooting the other night) Randolph is essential to the team having any sort of success in the near future.

I wonder if getting someone like Odom or Gasol would help. They definitely need a strong forward and/or a quick center. They're set on the perimeter with guys like Jarrett Jack and Roy. Randolph had an All-Star calibre year this past season, though. I don't know who Portland could get to replace that.

Lamarcus Aldrige played wonderfully everytime he got minutes last year. Its not like they are going to win a title with Randolph. Honestly, Porland could use a back up two guard maybe, but they are extremely deep. Just extremely young.

I think the Lakers are going to look at Jermaine O'Neal too. Too bad that Boozer situation can't be done all over again. If we traded Odom to the Blazers, I don't know who would come back. We need players that can play now, not guys for 5 years from now.

Guest Vitamin X

Right. And on that note, Aldridge and Roy both made first-team All-Rookie this year. Roy was no surprise, but I'm happy to see Aldridge there too. Like I said, my concern would just be if you got rid of Randolph, who is a huge scorer and banger down low for them, how would you replace him?

I know it's probably a pipe dream, but Gordon seems like the perfect compliment to Jermaine O'Neal. And Duhon would be solid insurance if...no, let's be honest...when Tinsley goes down. But we have pretty much nothing to offer anyone for players even of Duhon's caliber, much less Gordon's.

Randolph is clearly an excellent player, but he's never going to get the respect if he can't stay out of trouble, no matter how unfair that is. I read that he didn't get one single vote for the All-NBA teams.