TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

well..its not like THQ made it worth while to use the damned mode..you couldn't defend your created title in multi-man matches so it pretty much hand-cuffed you into using the default titles in the game.

I will however mourn not being able to create the old winged eagle title..

Meh, I would have used it to create the new ECW title, as I did in this years, but as others said, it's not really that big of a deal. Since it was limited anyways in that you could only do one on one matches.

My main gripe with Create A Belt, is that the majority of the parts, especially the first game that utilized this feature (I believe it was the one in 2005), were WAY too expensive. Even more than the wrestlers you could buy. It's mainly a wasted feature, and the free memory on the disc is best used for other things anyways.

http://gamingring.com/news/?p=3291

Here's a very informative interview done by GamingRing.com with someone from THQ, who's VERY honest in answering questions as far as he can go without getting in trouble. Think the opposite of the TNA Impact interview on IGN.

Some important points:

- There are a few unannounced, unlockable wrestlers.

- There is an unannounced, unlockable match that is brand-new.

- DLC should be available shortly after release, but he couldn't elaborate on who or what it would be.

- Some matches have been tweaked: HIAC, TLC, Table among others. HIAC finally has a new "go through the top of the cell" motion.

- 360 and PS3 versions are identical.

For the first time since probably 2006, I'm actually excited for a Smackdown. It looks like they might have actually gotten their act together.

eh, my bigggest concern thus far has been about the music from HDD issue..if I can have a seperate theme for all of my CAWs (without the game freezing), I'll be happy

Yeah, I got the demo from Gamestop last week and have really been enjoying it. I never bothered to play 08, so I don't know how much of the controls really changed from that. They are drastically different from 07, though, so it took a long time to really get used to everything.

Tag matches are greatly improved and are actually fun to play for once. There's a bunch of little things that are cool as well: Running up the steps, dueling crowd chants, and the crowd yelling "TWOOOOOO!" after two counts among others.

Outside the ring cameras need to be fixed in certain areas though, particularly the commentary tables. Hopefully they can be modified or at least turned off.

just downloaded the ps3 demo, imo it plays 100% better than 08, i couldnt understand that control scheme for the life of me.

really? I can't seem to find the demo in the PlayStation store anywhere

Finally! they take use of what the 360 is capable of, and actually add some damn downloadable content. Good ones at that. Well, at least Evan Bourne, and that's pretty much all that matters. Wonder if you'll be able to buy each superstar separately, or if they'll make them into packs. (Because I really have no need for Xmas outfits.)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zro6di9Yt4A

Finally! they take use of what the 360 is capable of, and actually add some damn downloadable content. Good ones at that. Well, at least Evan Bourne, and that's pretty much all that matters. Wonder if you'll be able to buy each superstar separately, or if they'll make them into packs. (Because I really have no need for Xmas outfits.)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zro6di9Yt4A

In-game Unlockables:

Zombie Finlay

Zombie Santino

Sold!

So, I assume that the Masked Man is supposed to be a terrorist that you have to fight in the Tribute to the Troops Iraq arena? A storyline in Road to WM where a team of terrorists decides to invade the arena and challenge John Cena and Tony the marine to a wrestling match rather than armed combat would be incredible!

Bourne, Haas, and DiBiase as DLC is great though. Now we just need Jamie Noble and we'll be set. I'm really looking forward to this game for once.

One year we'll have a game where doing a move doesn't warp you into the middle of the ring (People's Elbow, Hunter's Knee Drop) or when you do a move like a suplex near the ropes, the falling wrestlers body doesn't hover move you away from the ropes.

Moves like the People's Elbow moving you to the center of the ring never bothered me. For the complainers- do you really want to do a People's Elbow offset in the top left corner of the ring? I guess I can understand some of the smaller moves, but most of them are just about always done right in the center.

Moves like the People's Elbow moving you to the center of the ring never bothered me. For the complainers- do you really want to do a People's Elbow offset in the top left corner of the ring? I guess I can understand some of the smaller moves, but most of them are just about always done right in the center.

Count me in on that too. I'd rather be warped to the center of the ring rather than see the animation push and slide the characters around the ring if you're not in a good position for the move.

There are a lot of animations and things they should be working on before the automatic centering thing.

Bourne, Haas, and DiBiase are well and good, but I want Noble and Knox.

Anyone else find it odd that the wCw logo is in the game?

Played the demo for about 3 minutes this morning before work. Looks pretty sharp as per usual. Controls felt similar to last years, but like I said, I haven't exactly played a lot of it yet to notice a hell of a lot of changes....pretty much just beat the shit out of Matt Hardy for 2 minutes, pedigree and pin.

What's the deal with the Zombie attires? Just for looks? Would've liked to have seen the badass Rey Mysterio Zombie pic that WWE.com had posted, but take what you can get. Who doesn't like Zombies?!

Regarding Charlie Haas DLC, that opens up a whole world of possibilities.

This should be a fun game!