TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxAAatwsbyc

Evan Bourne video. The new SSP is modeled after Paul London's and not Billy Kidman's.

I'm sorry to nitpick, but that's bullshit that you have to go for a pin after nailing the SSP. Otherwise, Evan Bourne's moveset looks great. I especially like the Standing Super 'Rana out of the corner. I'm gonna have to find some way to get some of this DLC.

I wonder what the mystery handicapped match is?

Here's the commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL8DJfFf98o

...don't know if you're being sarcastic or not Venk, but from everything that I've read and seen, the mystery handicapped match is "Gauntlet Mode" which is supposed to be similar to the old Slobberknocker match type from back in the older iterations of the series.

Damnit... there goes my hope for a Doomsday Cage Handicap Match.

One of the videos on Youtube showed the entire wrestler select screen. When you get to Flair (who's locked), it shows that he's holding the WCW World Heavyweight Title from 1991-1993. Interesting.

Damnit... there goes my hope for a Doomsday Cage Handicap Match.

One of the videos on Youtube showed the entire wrestler select screen. When you get to Flair (who's locked), it shows that he's holding the WCW World Heavyweight Title from 1991-1993. Interesting.

WCW title was in 08 as well.

I noticed one of the menu screens that seemingly listed random in-game stats for no reason mentioned Flair being the "Classic WCW Champion". Last year's default title holder was Steve Austin, I think, which was odd when Flair was right there.

I noticed one of the menu screens that seemingly listed random in-game stats for no reason mentioned Flair being the "Classic WCW Champion". Last year's default title holder was Steve Austin, I think, which was odd when Flair was right there.

I think the developers just accidentally got the titles mixed up. Because if I'm not mistaken, Flair started out as the WWF Champion.

Looks like 2004/2005 Jericho to me, but we'll roll with it.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they are calling him attitude Jericho, but then again, what do you call him? Jericho from about 4 years ago?

Yea, that's definitely his 2004-2005 look, but still, they're going above and beyond on the alternate attires this year. After years of only getting HHH and JBL wearing suits, and Kane as old Kane, they're finally doing some good work on this. I believe it was Shut Your Mouth where everyone had at least 2-3 different attires, so this is definitely a step back in the right direction. It doesn't add anything to the gameplay per se, but it's still nice to be able to toss up appearances from time to time.

Yea, that's definitely his 2004-2005 look, but still, they're going above and beyond on the alternate attires this year. After years of only getting HHH and JBL wearing suits, and Kane as old Kane, they're finally doing some good work on this. I believe it was Shut Your Mouth where everyone had at least 2-3 different attires, so this is definitely a step back in the right direction. It doesn't add anything to the gameplay per se, but it's still nice to be able to toss up appearances from time to time.

Yeah, I agree. I miss the old school games where every guy had a few outfits to choose from.

I still want to know if there's any shortcut I can take to give my CAWs unlimited points. Because I tend to make the full compliment, and fuck if I'm training/career-modeing them all.

As of right now, nope. If you want to boost up your CAW, take him thru career mode and wrestle the matches the way you'd want your CAW to become.

As of right now, nope. If you want to boost up your CAW, take him thru career mode and wrestle the matches the way you'd want your CAW to become.

Which, although I hated the idea before, if you can raise the stats as high as you want in one match, then I'm all for it. For example, if taunting 10 times in a match, gets you a 10 in charisma...well that's not so bad.

I hope there's no bullshit, "You can only get 3 points in one match" or something stupid like that though.

I don't think its quite like that..I know some people who have played the game early have said to unlock the submission ability, you have to perform 5 submissions in one match.

The stat raising is tied to general performance and a new match-rating element. So if you're doing a ton of high flying moves, you'd get that stat raised..same with raising strength by doing more strong / ultimate grapple moves.

I don't think its quite like that..I know some people who have played the game early have said to unlock the submission ability, you have to perform 5 submissions in one match.

The stat raising is tied to general performance and a new match-rating element. So if you're doing a ton of high flying moves, you'd get that stat raised..same with raising strength by doing more strong / ultimate grapple moves.

I know that much, I'm just curious as to how much of it you can do in one match. So I'm wondering if I can start career with a CAW, and have his stats how I want them in a match or two. (Even if that means I have to do 20 UC moves, and 20 top rope moves, etc)

Or if there's a limit, and you have to do like a year of career before you can get a decent CAW.

From what I've been seeing, people have said they've raised their CAWs up pretty quickly thru just a few matches. They've said to just make sure you make the matches at least 5 minutes long or so and you should be good.

That doesn't sound SO bad. Do you get more points if you whack the difficulty up, or can you just smack Torrie around on Easy for a few minutes and still get a decent amount of points?

Also, this had best work for female CAWs too, or my wife is going to be PISSED. Can female CAWs do the Season mode?