TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

Question about the HHH story:

at No Way out, during the

Orton vs. HBK match that decides who you go with, has anyone ever managed to make a double countout? I tried my damnedest, but I couldn't get it any higher than 7 before they both ran in

Seriously though. What would happen if you managed to pull that off? I wonder.

I would wager

that you'd go with Evolution, since Orton would keep the title

Yeah, more than likely.

I did that path first because I wanted the awesome Evolution theme and couldn't care less about DX and their child-friendly Titantron.

Oh yeah, if you're up for another round of Smackdown, hit me up..

I'm going to get this. WHEN I find out that they've released the download where you get instant access to all the CAW stuff instead of playing it through for everyone. Fuck that.

You still are going to have to take at least ONE of your guys through the entire season..so why not get it now... take one person through the season mode then when the patch comes out, DL it and make people to your hearts content?

Why do I need to take one through? Is that to unlock other stuff? Well, one I can deal with.

Because they (THQ devs) have gone on record as saying that once you take one CAW through an entire year of season mode, then you can dish out points to all of your CAWs..sorta like how it was in I think, 07 where once you won GM of the year or something you got unlimited CAW points to give out.

So yeah...pick your copy up now, get a guy thru the season mode and when the patch comes, you wont have any extra work to do.

Oh yeah, to anyone else with the game: I've run thru RtWM..gotten the big 200 point achievement but not the one for getting all the bonuses. Granted, I used the codes provided by the WWE to unlock people .. so anyone think I fucked myself out of the achievement?

I'm wondering the same thing. I wondered if the second Jericho path counts as a different "bonus unlock" since I haven't done that yet. I'm also wondering if the locked title you need to win in career mode counts toward it (I can't recall if the achievement specifically stated "RtWM Bonuses" or "All bonuses").

Oh yeah, to anyone else with the game: I've run thru RtWM..gotten the big 200 point achievement but not the one for getting all the bonuses. Granted, I used the codes provided by the WWE to unlock people .. so anyone think I fucked myself out of the achievement?

You have done ALL the optional goals, right?

If you have, then, yeah, you must have fucked yourself by putting in codes.

Because they (THQ devs) have gone on record as saying that once you take one CAW through an entire year of season mode, then you can dish out points to all of your CAWs..sorta like how it was in I think, 07 where once you won GM of the year or something you got unlimited CAW points to give out.

So yeah...pick your copy up now, get a guy thru the season mode and when the patch comes, you wont have any extra work to do.

Oh, so if you do it once you get unlimited points, but to get the special abilities you need to get the downloadable patch? That's not so bad.

Oh, so if you do it once you get unlimited points, but to get the special abilities you need to get the downloadable patch? That's not so bad.

Nevermind, I think I just missed the beginning of the convo.

But what I'm wondering is if you have already completed career, will it register when the patch comes out, or if you will have to do one more time.

No, as it stands now..you've got to take each CAW thru season mode to level them up, so to speak.

The DL patch will make it so that if you've taken just one CAW thru season mode, you'll get unlimited stat points.

I think, as far as abilities go.. "dirty pin, resilency...move theft.. et al.." you still might have to take each person thru season mode.

Ex: No clue, no one's said one way or the other..I think its the assumption that it'll register your taking one person thru the mode.

Fazzle: Only goal I think I didn't do was preventing Randy from beating Cena in his RtWM..oh, and as Rey, getting Bats to spear Edge twice..but when I did Bats' RtWM, I completed that goal.

Fazzle: Only goal I think I didn't do was preventing Randy from beating Cena in his RtWM..oh, and as Rey, getting Bats to spear Edge twice..but when I did Bats' RtWM, I completed that goal.

Well then you won't get the achivement if you haven't done them all.

Not sure about the Batista spear one. If you've done it once as Batista, it PROBABLY counts.

Do you get anything for that though? I mean, the achievement is for getting all the bonuses and from what I remember, I did 'em all..

Ugh...

There was a bonus, I think in John Cena's RTWM ( I can't remember exactly who it was or what it was) that I did and didn't get anything for. It was kinda weird because I did exactly what I was suppose to do but I got nothing for it.

Could someone give me some details on how elaborate or creative one can be with Create-a-Finisher? I'm looking to pick this up soon, and this is one of the features I am most excited about. What's the strangest/most original finisher anyone here has come up with?

Could someone give me some details on how elaborate or creative one can be with Create-a-Finisher? I'm looking to pick this up soon, and this is one of the features I am most excited about. What's the strangest/most original finisher anyone here has come up with?

It's actually not super in-depth. It's more just mixing moves already in the game together, or being able to string multiple moves as one move. It's only front grapples as well. A quick youtube search shows some of the latest made ones.

Now I'm not saying anything bad about the mode, I've had fun with it, and made some sweet finishers (Although damnit I wish I could do a package piledriver, instead I had to settle for a package powerbomb type deal) But don't go into expecting to make your own Phoenix Splash or something crazy like that. Chances are, your finisher will be a variation of a piledriver, powerbomb, or backbreaker, or a combination of all 3.

I did give HHH a new Pedigree though, as I like the CAF pedigree animation better then the ones in the game.

There was a bonus, I think in John Cena's RTWM ( I can't remember exactly who it was or what it was) that I did and didn't get anything for. It was kinda weird because I did exactly what I was suppose to do but I got nothing for it.

A lot of those "bonuses" that you don't actually get are usually because you used a cheat code to unlock something beforehand. I had this happen to me like 5 times in a row and found out it was because I was using cheat codes as soon as I got the game loaded the first time.

It's actually not super in-depth. It's more just mixing moves already in the game together, or being able to string multiple moves as one move. It's only front grapples as well. A quick youtube search shows some of the latest made ones.

Now I'm not saying anything bad about the mode, I've had fun with it, and made some sweet finishers (Although damnit I wish I could do a package piledriver, instead I had to settle for a package powerbomb type deal) But don't go into expecting to make your own Phoenix Splash or something crazy like that. Chances are, your finisher will be a variation of a piledriver, powerbomb, or backbreaker, or a combination of all 3.

I did give HHH a new Pedigree though, as I like the CAF pedigree animation better then the ones in the game.

Thanks for the link. I'm really excited about the game. I know it's just the beginning stages of the long-awaited CAF mode, but I'm pleased with what I've seen so far. Looking forward to getting this over the next couple days.

Finally got my "got all bonuses" achievement.

Apparently, either it was because in my first go round, I picked Orton or because when the masked man attacked me, I got thrown out instead of kicking his ass..but after picking Kennedy, beating the masked guy and getting the branch to take me to the 4 way WM title match, I got the CAE titantron "code" video.

That doesn't explain why I don't have it... or maybe it does, because we had opposite paths. I'll give it a go.

I think I f'd myself out of the 1 Year achievement by accidentally skipping 3 weeks or so. I thought I was challenging for the belt on Raw!

I called mt finisher (poison mist into a Canadian Destroyer) "Mist Opportunity". I was pretty satisfied with myself with that wordplay.

Edit: Taking another route in Jericho's RtWM resulted in no new bonus unlocks, so now I don't know where I went wrong.

I've made a different version of the Go 2 Sleep (suplex lift into a firemans carry into the GTS impact) that I called the WMD and then I made a punch/kick combo that ends with Helms' knee to the face finisher that I called the Aneurysm. I went with names that they had in there already because I wanted to hear the announcers call the move when it hits. ;)

On the topic of random stuff.. has anyone significantly changed their rosters?

I got rid of Smackdown - so RAW & ECW are my main rosters. All of the Women are on the WCW roster (reborn in my mind as "Women's Championship Wrestling"). RAW has the WWE, WWE Tag & US Titles.. ECW has the World Heavyweight & ECW Titles unified and the World Tag and IC Titles as well. Not using the WCW Classic, Cruiser or Hardcore Titles so I've put them on guys I never use like the Masked Man and Vince.

I called mt finisher (poison mist into a Canadian Destroyer) "Mist Opportunity". I was pretty satisfied with myself with that wordplay.

Edit: Taking another route in Jericho's RtWM resulted in no new bonus unlocks, so now I don't know where I went wrong.

Did you face both Santino, and Finlay in the ladder match in Undertaker's? (I only got Zombie Santino, and I didn't make a save in the middle of Taker's so damnit, I have to go all the way through it again I think)