TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

Something that annoys me about this game. Champion's entrance, why the hell can't you turn this off? I didn't spend 10+ minutes in the Advanced create an entrance making my CAW entrance just right to have to come out to Chris Jericho's entrance whenever I want to use him with a Title.

I called my CAF "Hook, Line, and Sinker".

It's basically the 3 amigos but on the 3rd one is a Fishermen's Suplex.

That sounds pretty cool. I've been seeing a lot of ridiculous looking finishers on youtube that don't really make that much sense, but a nice realistic finisher like that seems like something I'd use for one of my CAWs too.

Is there a new animation for the Fisherman Suplex or is it the same crappy one from the very first Smackdown?

That sounds pretty cool. I've been seeing a lot of ridiculous looking finishers on youtube that don't really make that much sense, but a nice realistic finisher like that seems like something I'd use for one of my CAWs too.

Is there a new animation for the Fisherman Suplex or is it the same crappy one from the very first Smackdown?

*shrugs* I don't remember very much of the first Smackdown as I didn't like it and played No Mercy instead but overall I do like the animation of it.

I'm glad you like the sound of the move. I had actually planned on using it for a masked wrestler gimmick I was going to do but got put on hiatus due to me leaving wrestling for a little while. If I go back, I plan on using the gimmick and using that as my finisher.

Something that annoys me about this game. Champion's entrance, why the hell can't you turn this off? I didn't spend 10+ minutes in the Advanced create an entrance making my CAW entrance just right to have to come out to Chris Jericho's entrance whenever I want to use him with a Title.

Well, in easy creation you can make the entrances the same if you want, but I guess that option doesn't extend to advanced?

Nah in Advanced the Champion Entrance is on the final panel and it's all preset entrances, just like Easy creation. =\

I found that kind of lame too. If you go through career mode, all your going to see is your Champion entrance after about your 5th or 6th match.

I had a hell of a lot of fun with Create A Finisher yesterday when I picked the game up. I made a move that starts out with a punch to the gut, then you grab the guy by the throat (chokeslam clutch), raise one hand to signal to the crowd, then left the opponent into a Tombstone position. Follow this up by flipping the opponent around into a standard piledriver position, connect the hands (like a cradle piledriver), then drop down knees first. I call it the War Hammer.

Speaking of the Create-a-Finisher, I was a little pissed that I couldn't turn a Samoan drop into a spinning cutter. There is an option to start the animation, but no option to have "RKO impact". Instead, my finisher is a gauge to the eyes, kick to the gut into a suplex which turns into a stunner. Never really spent a hell of a lot of time on it, but I like it so far. The only think I don't understand is how the stunner manages to draw blood. I think someone at THQ fucked up on that one.

Yea, I too wasn't sure how the Stunner, or really the Code Breaker is meant to draw blood. This is a pretty ambitious system that THQ has implemented this year, so maybe next year, they will get a little more robust with it. Maybe corner moves, submissions, or moves from the top rope.

Stunner and Codebreaker I could see drawing blood from the mouth (or maybe the nose, depending on how it's given).. but definitely not the forehead.. which seems to be the only place people bleed from in this game, lol. :P

Also: pretty sweet variation on the Pedigree here -

Hmmm, so the more elaborate and unbelievable/unrealistic my finisher, the more damage it will do?

Or you can be cheap and stack 5 or 6 gut kicks to the beginning of your 3 move animation

still havnt picked it up, but a random thought occured to me, is stone cold in the game?

Yes, he is, but there aren't that many legends in this game. There's some kind of interoptability with the upcoming Legends game, blah blah blah...

still havnt picked it up, but a random thought occured to me, is stone cold in the game?

Yes, he is, but there aren't that many legends in this game. There's some kind of interoptability with the upcoming Legends game, blah blah blah...

No he isn't...

Neither is The Rock.

Hmmm, so the more elaborate and unbelievable/unrealistic my finisher, the more damage it will do?

Or you can be cheap and stack 5 or 6 gut kicks to the beginning of your 3 move animation

I think I'm gonna make the Ric Flair Special (10 illegal moves)!

Apparently, the more animations you add to your created move adds up to more damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vxNrMjtwyU

That "Chokebomb" was pretty cool. It'd be better if it ended with the wrestler giving the moving falling though with the slam by falling forward...or better yet an Ally opp instead of a bomb.

Thoth, were you playing 07 or 08 and thinking it was 09?

...FUCK YOU I HAVE NXE

...I dunno. I thought with all those codes I put in, one of them was Austin. I mean, I unlocked Flair.

True. It's also nice to have to work to beat the AI, and even in losing, it helps improve my CAWs stats quite a bit.

I've had a few match where I would beat the shit out of the opponent, but they would nail 4 or 5 moves and beat me. I can't really complain as it still improves my stats, and when you have an overall 45 Vs. a 85, then there should be a huge advantage for the more powerful wrestler.

Also, I like how the game gives you different stats during the load screens to see how you play during exhibition modes. Nothing major, but a nice little FYI addition.