TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

Wait, how do you do the triple jump moonsault?

The Sabu and Sandman animations seem to be left over from last years game, so I wouldn't doubt if all of their move sets are still in the game. I know Sandman's white russian leg sweep is still in the game as a regular kendo stick grapple.

Your wrestlers has to have weapon grapple. CM Punk, Elijah Burke, etc. When your opponent is laying face up on the mat grapple him at the head while you are holding a chair. For the Poetry in Motion, grapple your opponent while he is back against the turnbuckle in the corner while holding a chair.

Is the Van Daminator in the game?

Van Daminator is in there, yes. There's also a "throw the chair at your opponents face and then punch it" move. I think it's random as to what one you get, though, because I've gotten both with Edge.

I've seen the 15th to 20th of December being thrown around on various message boards. :huh:

Is it just the obvious that we know about already or is it going to be more?

The obvious is

Jericho new attire

Kelly Kelly and Maria Xmas Outfits

Evan Bourne, Ted Dibiase and Super Crazy DLC.

Gaming Ring did a audio show with Bryan something or other from THQ a few weeks back around launch time. He said that the first DLC was going to be "huge" - so take that for what it's worth. There've been rumors about more RTWM storylines, more arenas, more titles, and so-on. I basically just want the roster updates and some alt attires.. I wouldn't frown at the new ECW title, either. :)

Just R-grapple a standing opponent with a chair in your hand. I've done it with both up/down and left/right directions on the R-stick which is why I think it's random.

I played around with CM Punk and Edge and I cant pull off the Van Daminator. I did have Edge throw the chair at the opponent and kick him with one foot. Does anybody know how to do the Van Daminator?

That is the Van Daminator. Or at least as close as you're going to get to it this year.

Your wrestlers has to have weapon grapple. CM Punk, Elijah Burke, etc. When your opponent is laying face up on the mat grapple him at the head while you are holding a chair. For the Poetry in Motion, grapple your opponent while he is back against the turnbuckle in the corner while holding a chair.

That Pillmanizes his neck, at least with Punk. I know cause I did it repeatedly during his RTWM.

That Pillmanizes his neck, at least with Punk. I know cause I did it repeatedly during his RTWM.

A grapple. Not pressing A. If you use the right stick he does the moonsault, although I believe they took it out for big guys this year. It's pressing the action button when it tells you that pillmanizes the head/ankle, or do a conchairto.

You can also place the chair in the corner. I believe whether you punch/kick with a chair grapple depends on whether you use up, or left/right. Pressing down does Undertaker's chair into the throat move. And if you have a signature stored you do a DDT onto the chair.

And I believe that's all of the chair moves.

I got to find an MP3 of Jericho's theme because the one in the game is giving me a migrane. I have his original on one of those WWF: The Music CDs, but it doesn't have the countdown sounds so it won't fit.

A grapple. Not pressing A. If you use the right stick he does the moonsault, although I believe they took it out for big guys this year. It's pressing the action button when it tells you that pillmanizes the head/ankle, or do a conchairto.

You can also place the chair in the corner. I believe whether you punch/kick with a chair grapple depends on whether you use up, or left/right. Pressing down does Undertaker's chair into the throat move. And if you have a signature stored you do a DDT onto the chair.

Ooo ok thanks. Do you know of any special ladder moves? I know you can do a Superplex if you have a stored finisher. Can Jericho do the lion tamer? Can Jeff Hardy do the swanton bomb?

I got to find an MP3 of Jericho's theme because the one in the game is giving me a migrane. I have his original on one of those WWF: The Music CDs, but it doesn't have the countdown sounds so it won't fit.

True that. Any version of it with the Countdown that I find on Limewire is of horrible quality, too. :(

Ooo ok thanks. Do you know of any special ladder moves? I know you can do a Superplex if you have a stored finisher. Can Jericho do the lion tamer? Can Jeff Hardy do the swanton bomb?

I haven't tried, but I think those might have been taken out. I'm 99% sure the Swanton was, and I think the Walls was too. There seem to be quite a bit of action moves in the game some don't know about. I know I did the 'groin into the pole move' to one of my friends and he was like WTF? Lol. So just a quick list of everything I can recall at this time. Or at least some of the stuff people forget about.

-You can put the ladder in the corner, vertical or horizontal. And when it's vertical they can be facing, and facing away all for different moves. You can also grapple with the ladder and put the person on top of it. You can lean the ladder on top of another one. (Although sadly I they took out the actual clothesline/spear animations I think)

-In the ring, you can drag your opponents head into the ropes while he's down, and you'll stomp/choke him. Or you can do the same to the legs and drag him into the corner, and he'll pull him into the post. While standing you can drag him into the ropes and crotch him, or into any of the four corners if there's no steps. Flair even WOOOs when you chop in the corner. Also different animation for corner without turnbuckle.

-You can do the same on the outside, at the side of the ring, and the steel steps. And you can grab him when his heads under the ropes, Undertaker does his legdrop.

-As far as springboard moves, all of the dives/outside dives have their own connect animation if you hit it right this year. (Which is pretty sweet) Standing in the corner and you do a springboard off the corner. And if you're whipped, or just run into and hit RB+X, you'll do a springboard move. Same for if you're whipped into the ropes. That ones harder to connect though.

That's all I can think of for now, that aren't too obvious, like all of the weapon grapples. But I know playing multiplayer with some, they didn't know about some of these.

While I'm here, I want to complain about the Royal Rumble mechanics (though I'm sure everyone else has done so at some point). There are really 2 or 3 simple changes they can make (even in a patch for this year) to improve it 1000%:

1) SLOW THE FUCKING METER DOWN! One guy is bad enough, but if you have two guys pushing on you you might as well save your fingers because you're gone. This makes the Batista/Rey RtWM a pain in the ass because it seems like if you are playing as one and the computer is the other, when someone else throws you over they just wander over to help them push you out!

1a) Instead of replenishing when you eliminate guys, how about it happening if you successfully prevent yourself from being eliminated? What's the point of resisting an elimination to only have your meter at like one millimeter of red so five seconds later when you are tossed out again you have no shot?

2) You (or anyone) can only be thrown to the apron if one of their body parts are in the orange or two are in the yellow. Isn't it logical to soften a guy up first before you try and throw him out? Fucking WWF Attitude figured this out 10 years ago!

I know some people would complain that Rumbles take too long, but that's why they added the 10 and 20-man modes, isn't it?

KingPK, that's been my beef for like 4 years now. Although, I think they should just revamp it. I mean, 'pushing?' Seriously, the animation should me more than this. As I posted earlier, I think, Clothesline, Suplex, and other animations that goes in a real RR should be included. It's far too simple, pushing, c'mon. Another mechanism they should add is the "HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE." and yes, you are right, you should wear a person up first before making any type of attempt to throw a foe over and it should still be difficult to do it.

THEY SHOULD DO THE WHOLE SHIT AGAIN!

I just realized that you can do table finishers in this game. I was able to do a powerbomb with Batista and HHH does the pedigree. You have to have a stored signature move to pull it off. It sucks that I can do table finishers but I cant to do a swanton bomb off of the ladder with Jeff Hardy. I love this game but it just sucks that THQ takes little things out.

I just realized that you can do table finishers in this game. I was able to do a powerbomb with Batista and HHH does the pedigree. You have to have a stored signature move to pull it off. It sucks that I can do table finishers but I cant to do a swanton bomb off of the ladder with Jeff Hardy. I love this game but it just sucks that THQ takes little things out.

You can do a regular splash through the tables. Just get on a turnbuckle while they're on a table.

KingPK, that's been my beef for like 4 years now. Although, I think they should just revamp it. I mean, 'pushing?' Seriously, the animation should me more than this. As I posted earlier, I think, Clothesline, Suplex, and other animations that goes in a real RR should be included. It's far too simple, pushing, c'mon. Another mechanism they should add is the "HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE." and yes, you are right, you should wear a person up first before making any type of attempt to throw a foe over and it should still be difficult to do it.

I forget, how did games like Wrestlemania and No Mercy handle the royal rumble feature?

They need to fix the Elim. Chamber...not being able to throw anyone into the corner is kind of bullshit..

Especially when you could do it in other games. Unless I'm remembering that wrong. Speaking of the EC.. why did they take out the ability to throw your opponent into the "glass" and break it?? Dumb.

They need to fix the Elim. Chamber...not being able to throw anyone into the corner is kind of bullshit..

Especially when you could do it in other games. Unless I'm remembering that wrong. Speaking of the EC.. why did they take out the ability to throw your opponent into the "glass" and break it?? Dumb.

So they can bring it back next year and promote it as a new feature.

I forget, how did games like Wrestlemania and No Mercy handle the royal rumble feature?

Irish whip into the ropes. Hit them with a clothesline.

Repeat until win.

I did forget how it was, but that was years ago...they should of improved this feature greatly and yet the only thing they have done is 'pushing', granted, I think two or three years ago, they started doing the super heavy weights can chokeslam, powerbomb and press slam, but it still takes the realism out of the game, there's no holding on for dear life, and doing the backbody drop, clothesline, drop kick, I mean, shit that should be included like in the real life Rumble. That's my beef about it, it's too easy and it's not realistic.