TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

If they don't give the download where you can start giving unlimited stat points to all CAWs, I will be PISSED.

KingPK, that's been my beef for like 4 years now. Although, I think they should just revamp it. I mean, 'pushing?' Seriously, the animation should me more than this. As I posted earlier, I think, Clothesline, Suplex, and other animations that goes in a real RR should be included. It's far too simple, pushing, c'mon. Another mechanism they should add is the "HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE." and yes, you are right, you should wear a person up first before making any type of attempt to throw a foe over and it should still be difficult to do it.

THEY SHOULD DO THE WHOLE SHIT AGAIN!

I forget, how did games like Wrestlemania and No Mercy handle the royal rumble feature?

Power/running strike when they're by the ropes to knock them through the ropes, and then when they're on the apron another power/running strike to knock them out.

If you had worn them down or were sufficiently bigger than them, one power/running strike would send them flying over the top rope and onto the floor.

If they don't give the download where you can start giving unlimited stat points to all CAWs, I will be PISSED.

I could have sworn THQ announced when the game came out that the patch for CAW would be out by early January.

Which is why if they don't provide it, I will be pissed.

Incidentally, can anyone tell me how you get your manager to distract the ref or give you a chair in matches? Can't figure it out for the life of me.

I could have sworn THQ announced when the game came out that the patch for CAW would be out by early January.

Incidentally, can anyone tell me how you get your manager to distract the ref or give you a chair in matches? Can't figure it out for the life of me.

Distract the ref is...well, on the 360 its up on the control pad. At least when getting pinned.

That's how I got the "Resiliancy" stat for my CAW.

Distract the ref is...well, on the 360 its up on the control pad. At least when getting pinned.

I hate the fact that some stats are seemingly unavoidable. I had all the stats I wanted set in my head, and then all of a sudden I get dirty pin? So, I didn't save, and just had to stop having 5 star matches. And then, I end up with possum pin. And that one, there seems to be nothing I can do...because all you have to do is beat superstars who have it. And unless I mistaken, pretty sure you have to win to move on to the next path. I want the springboard ability, but I think all my slots will be filled by the time I get to the cruiser title.

The way they did CAW stats this year was incredibly stupid. :angry: And even if they do fix the stat problem, chances are that won't change the way attributes are done.

I hate the fact that some stats are seemingly unavoidable. I had all the stats I wanted set in my head, and then all of a sudden I get dirty pin? So, I didn't save, and just had to stop having 5 star matches. And then, I end up with possum pin. And that one, there seems to be nothing I can do...because all you have to do is beat superstars who have it. And unless I mistaken, pretty sure you have to win to move on to the next path. I want the springboard ability, but I think all my slots will be filled by the time I get to the cruiser title.

The way they did CAW stats this year was incredibly stupid. :angry: And even if they do fix the stat problem, chances are that won't change the way attributes are done.

The best thing to do is to take out guys with stats you don't want like the dirty pin at the beginning of career mode. That way you don't have a guy like Jack Swagger with the fucking possum pin.

I'm hoping that when the 'patch' comes in January, the price wont be rediculous. I'm almost certain that it's not going to be free, but I'm hoping that it will be less than 20 dollars.

Patches never cost anything. They're usually manditory updates to the game when you start it up and are actively connected to the net (well, at least on PS3).

Oh really? Ok, what about addons, do you think SvR09 will have addons?

Yea, check youtube. Or this thread. Supposed to be DLC including Bourne, Dibiase, and others. Sometime this month, and no one knows yet how much it will cost.

And, in regards to 'hidden' weapon moves, I found two more earlier I didn't know about! Setting the table up in the corner, both Shelton and Tommy Dreamer have their own specific finishers. Tommy Dreamer does the Dreamer Driver, and Shelton does the Stinger Splash. Which is pretty damn cool.

Yea, check youtube. Or this thread. Supposed to be DLC including Bourne, Dibiase, and others. Sometime this month, and no one knows yet how much it will cost.

And, in regards to 'hidden' weapon moves, I found two more earlier I didn't know about! Setting the table up in the corner, both Shelton and Tommy Dreamer have their own specific finishers. Tommy Dreamer does the Dreamer Driver, and Shelton does the Stinger Splash. Which is pretty damn cool.

Is it possible to break the table with it in the corner? I have never been able to do that. Also, how do I lay my opponent on the table so I can jump off the top rope?

First, a patch is different than an add-on (aka "Downloadable Content, DLC") - a patch fixes bugs, glitches, or general flaws with the game. The CAW/Stats mess is considered a flaw with the game, therefore the fix has to be free.

As for the actual DLC itself. That will cost you money, yes. Probably anywhere from $4.99 to $9.99 depending on the size. As for what's in it.. well, it's already been discussed, everywhere, ad nauseam.

Is it possible to break the table with it in the corner? I have never been able to do that. Also, how do I lay my opponent on the table so I can jump off the top rope?

Just throw them into a table in the corner. Use a finisher/signature. To lay them onto the table, just drag them into it, and then grapple them again.

Seriously guys. How do I get my manager to distract the ref on a PS3? I can't find instructions anywhere, and it's not the up taunt button whilst getting pinned. Tried that, nothing happened, I got pinned. :(

R1, gotcha. Cheers guys. And I did unlock Hornswaggle, but don't remember that instruction. Never mind.

You know, I just had a weird thought.

You think that there's any chance that the people responsible for the DLC will "Treat" us to having the WWE Divas Championship as an add-on title?

If you mean "treat" as in the customer spending 2.99 for something they probably won't use very much, then yes, we could be treated to that.

I wonder how much the content will cost anyway. Any word on the cost, and if everything will be released separately or as one big bundle?

You do know that this is THQ right? Even when the roster was leaked they denied it. Legends of Wrestlemania is coming out in 3-4 months and how much have to released about the game? Box Art and a couple of pix/1 vid of Hogan vrs Andre.

In what is an awesome discovery, since I never use him, Umaga's after match celebration if him giving his opponent a Samoan Spike.

Finaly also shoos Hornswoggle away among others that were in previous games (like Carlito, Kennedy, etc.)

Hold down R3 and then move the left stick in the desired direction. :)

Edited for pedantic accuracy.

Edited by Toxxic

OK...question.

Simming some matches, and I've seen some front grapples quickly turned into behind grapples.

Is there a way to pull this off in-game?

I have a 360, for the record.