TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

Jericho's trunks in as DLC.

Sweet! I can't wait to get Jericho out of those old pants.......hang on :ph34r:

HAH!

They're going all-out with the DLC this year. Gotta say, if the game ends up at least playing better than last year's, my hat is off to the developers.

Going back to the CAW thing, I wonder what they'd do if you wrestled just as like this super balanced wrestler who wasn't weak in any area. Would you be a super wrestler or would you just end up being something average?

I was just watching this video about the highlight reel feature and the dude demoing it says you can use ripped tracks on your Xbox or Ps3. Has it ever been confirmed if you can use ripped tracks on the Ps3 version for entrance music?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqGK1MLeig

The way I understand it is that you can use ripped music for CAW entrances and for the menu's, but you won't be able to listen to music off of the hard drive during a match (as opposed to listening to the commentators I assume)

^^ That's cool with me. My only want for that would be to use the tracks for entrance themes. Awesome. Now here's hoping that highlight reels can be used as Trons! :)

So with Super Crazy asking for his release from the company, does he still get released as downloadable content, or do they just make him disappear. It is one thing to remove a guy never in the game, but does his in-game character never see the light of day now?

Also, with alt costumes in this game, I hope there is maybe a download to update "Londrick-era Brian Kendrick" to THE Brian Kendrick with attire, entrance and theme.

I'm assuming Super Crazy would still be in the game, it's not like they haven't taken out wrestlers who were released months before a game was released.

I don't see Yukes changing around Brian Kendrick. They'll probably figure the player will do it.

Yeah, plus I don't think you can edit default wrestlers' appearances.. and I doubt you ever will be able to again, actually. Oh, I'm also betting that there'll be a DLC with Orton's new skulls'o'plenty sleeves.. unless they added that for the final build already (no idea).

The only thing that kind of worries me in this world of downloadable content and patches.. is what if one day WWE decides that we shouldn't be using a certain member of the roster anymore and gets Yukes/THQ to issue one of those "you can't play the disc until you download the patch" patches that removes guys from the roster? They did it recently with that Little Big Planet song fiasco. That'd totally suck.

So I went into a local shop to pre-pay for a copy so that I could pick it up tomorrow.. but the guy was really cool about it and let me in on the fact that he had the games already (obviously, since they don't do deliveries on Sundays) and he sold me a copy (PS3) a day before street-date, wooo.

So far the game is great. The presentation (both in the game and out) is way amped up. The controls are tweaked from last years making it much a much more playable experience. You can't use highlight reels as titantrons, unfortunately. There is also this really lame angle when you're fighting outside of the ring that you can't turn off. Hopefully we'll get some patches to fix these once enough people complain about it. Downloadbable content is an option but it's greyed out right now.. I guess it lights up only after the official release date?

The online is really laggy right now.. but I think that's because I'm playing against Europeans.

Been enjoying my copy, already did Jericho, Punk, Trips and Taker's RtWM's.

Something odd I noticed, for my create a wrestler and the Inferno match, uhm...I'm getting CM / KG / and C* as my units of measure...don't know what to think about that.

Are the ring announcers and commentators still retarded (ie introducing the wrong people, randomly discussing other wrestlers, mis-calling finishers?) or has that been fixed?

I haven't experienced them talking about wrestlers not in the match yet.. but there was a point when JR called a move something that it wasn't. Just like real life, I guess. :P

Oh, also a few other things.. the wierd outside the ring angle goes away for FCA or ECW Rules matches.. which are what I seem to play the most, so good on that. I'm sad they took away the brawling in the crowd part of the ECW match though. :(

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/928/928246p1.html

THQ has announced that at some point in the future there will be a patch released making it so you only have to take ONE CAS through career mode to unlock full attribute points for all created guys.

Oh great. Fuck that shit. I'm not online.

There's dueling chants!

In my second match, I was surprisingly greeted by "Y2J!, Let's go Punk!"

And just to save anyone else the trouble, seems the game doesn't come out til the 11th at Toys R Us if anyone planned on going there. Best Buy too I believe. At least mine. Had to go to both, before finally finding it at Wal-Mart.

On Xbox 360:

I have music ripped to my hard drive. Now how the hell do I use it for my CAW?

Edit: Oh, make a playlist in the Dashboard.

On Xbox 360:

I have music ripped to my hard drive. Now how the hell do I use it for my CAW?

If it's like last years, you have to put the song into it's own user playlist (through the Xbox Guide), then when you go to create the entrance, the first selection in music should be user playlist, and then from there you can select the "song" aka, playlist.

Oh my god, I can actually make my SWF character's finisher.

You can do a cradle tombstone? Awesome.

I'm excited for the prospect of actually creating accurate Samoa Joe ring attire. I only took a glimpse into the pre-made CAWs, but one of the first few had Joe's two-color tights, so hooray!

I was playing around with Create a Finisher. Didn't make anything amazing yet, but I did make the most unnecessary-length powerbomb ever. Piledriver position, spin several times, into Styles Clash, out of Styles clash, lift for powerbomb, spin several times, raise up, jackknife powerbomb. From the preset names, I took... the Beldigo.

I'm excited for the prospect of actually creating accurate Samoa Joe ring attire. I only took a glimpse into the pre-made CAWs, but one of the first few had Joe's two-color tights, so hooray!

I was playing around with Create a Finisher. Didn't make anything amazing yet, but I did make the most unnecessary-length powerbomb ever. Piledriver position, spin several times, into Styles Clash, out of Styles clash, lift for powerbomb, spin several times, raise up, jackknife powerbomb. From the preset names, I took... the Beldigo.

Speaking on long moves, can you interrupt a character while he is in a move animation? I believe I saw it done a few times during the demo.

HOW DEATLIED can u make moves also can u make them online so others use them

i wanna make like now that KHALI is face a khali slam where he hoplds them up like a minute and just keeps winking and smiling and spinning around before he slams them

:wub: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: