TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

School me on the ATL

There is a position I *might* accept that would have me relocating to the ATL. I hear the food is good but the traffic sucks. I will also refuse to take on loyalty to any ATL team besides the Braves since I've watched enough of their games on TBS to feel comfortable with this.

Guest Smues

Based on my limited experience with Atlanta I could never live there, but I'm a wuss when it comes to heat + humidity + traffic from hell. But you're in the Seattle area, so you're probably used to evil traffic.If you can get behind the Braves, they sell upper deck season tickets for I think $249, so you can go to all the games you want for dirt cheap.

Guest Vitamin X
I will also refuse to take on loyalty to any ATL team besides the Braves since I've watched enough of their games on TBS to feel comfortable with this.

I feel this is probably how many people in the Atlanta area feel as well, judging from attendance and general support of non-Braves games.

Either way, let me know some tips on going there. One of my best friends from L.A. moved there and is getting married, so I'm going to be in the area in early September (weekend after Labor Day). I think he lives up in Woodstock.

Oh Atlanta is cool.

Here is the thing...move near your job. no more than one or two exits. If you find out where you would be located, let me know and I can tell you what areas to look for.

that way you avoid the worse part about living here. The traffic. Also, if you want to get more value for your money, you can always just live in the right direction. Like you want to go East in the mornings, West in the afternoons. North in the mornings, south in the after noons. Go the other way and you are in parking lot city.

The weekends are fine, and there is really never any traffic. You can get where ever you want easily. The nightlife, bars, strip clubs, night clubs are all great here. And there is always something going on. Just grab a creative loafing and plan your weekend.

The people range from awesome to straight assholes. But I guess that is everywhere.

Hell, Philips is laying me off and I have no plans on moving because I love this place.

100% awesome. And...um...if you guys are hiring...

They have Brown Recluse Spiders

That's not just an Atlanta thing, those nasty little fuckers are all over the southeast. Horrible little devils, they're small enough that they're easy to miss, but their bites are poisonous enough that they can really fuck you up, especially if you don't notice it early enough.

Ditto about the traffic. Admittedly I've never driven in NY or LA, but I've been around about half of this country, and Atlanta traffic is one of the more nightmarish experiences I've ever seen. My brother once described it perfectly: "There's eight lanes of traffic, bumper to bumper, going eighty miles an hour, and the car behind me is honking at me to go faster, and it's a cop." That pretty much nails it for rush hour, which can be defined as any time the sun is up. At night and on the weekend it's a bit easier, but still has way more volume than any other city I've seen at those times.

They have Brown Recluse Spiders

That's not just an Atlanta thing, those nasty little fuckers are all over the southeast. Horrible little devils, they're small enough that they're easy to miss, but their bites are poisonous enough that they can really fuck you up, especially if you don't notice it early enough.

Ditto about the traffic. Admittedly I've never driven in NY or LA, but I've been around about half of this country, and Atlanta traffic is one of the more nightmarish experiences I've ever seen. My brother once described it perfectly: "There's eight lanes of traffic, bumper to bumper, going eighty miles an hour, and the car behind me is honking at me to go faster, and it's a cop." That pretty much nails it for rush hour, which can be defined as any time the sun is up. At night and on the weekend it's a bit easier, but still has way more volume than any other city I've seen at those times.

There is no freakin way you get close to 40 when our traffic kicks in. Maybe he means on the weekend. We have the "sit there" traffic.

And rush hour is from around 7-9 then 4-7 in the evening. After that, its pretty much a cakewalk to get anywhere around here.

Nights and weekends here are no worse than some small towns I have been in. With alot of lane changes there is no need for you to ever slow down at night.

Nights and weekends here are no worse than some small towns I have been in. With alot of lane changes there is no need for you to ever slow down at night.

That's kind of my point, in most places you don't need a lot of lane changes at night. I've been through Atlanta at midnight several times, and it's still busier than any other place I've seen for that time.

Despite the traffic and everything seems far away. I still want to move to the ATL. The atmosphere got me sold, I usually go every year now. The thing I don't like about the A is, Its a little too materialistic as far as women goes, they want guys with fancy shit. I mean going to the mall is like going to a club. Also, its the "black mecca" for gays, Chicks assume your gay off the bat as defense mechanism. I guess the fine ass women and strip clubs make up for the gays I guess. I do like the public transportation thou, its like easiest and conveinent (if live you near the city) transportation I've seen.

Guest Vitamin X

Ripper, my friend lives in Woodstock and his wedding is in Roswell. I promise he's not an uptight white guy from the suburbs, though. Anyways, my buddies and I are coming down a couple days before his wedding to get his fix of being single out of the way. I figure you're as good a dude as any to ask- what the fuck is the best idea for giving this guy the best bachelor party he can ever hope for in the ATL?

Ripper, my friend lives in Woodstock and his wedding is in Roswell. I promise he's not an uptight white guy from the suburbs, though. Anyways, my buddies and I are coming down a couple days before his wedding to get his fix of being single out of the way. I figure you're as good a dude as any to ask- what the fuck is the best idea for giving this guy the best bachelor party he can ever hope for in the ATL?

Those are the only two places in Georgia that I really know of haha. Which one has the Cotton Mill again?

Last time I was in Atlanta, I got in an accident. The time before that I sat in traffic without moving for two hours because a car blew up on the interstate going through downtown. Other than that, it's ok, I guess.

The thing I don't like about the A is, Its a little too materialistic as far as women goes, they want guys with fancy shit. I mean going to the mall is like going to a club.

That's one thing I really remember about my Atlanta trip...I was underage at that point so I couldn't hit a club or anything, but I remember walking through the malls wondering if people were there to shop or to get laid...not that there's anything wrong with cruising the mall for strange, I guess...

Oh please, thats not every day.

And Vita...unless you are looking for spectacular black strippers then am not really sure.

there is a play on Buford Highway named Follies where you will proabably get the best lap dances. I have heard from quite a few white friends that Pink Pony is cool, but I have no intersest in it. Cheetah is also awesome if you are into the more petite, great tit women.

but I am into the huge, make it clap asses, and I am going to assume that you don't want to be there.

As to areas around Woodstock and Roswell...I don't know. there is no reason to ever go out there besides to get better money for your home. You are going to have to head inside the perimeter to get to the good places.

Your best bet? Craigslist/creative loafing, hire some private strippers or go to a strip club on the night before and ask the hot ones if they would do a private party for however much you guys are trying to spend.

As for the materialistic women, that is pretty much anywhere. there is also no shortage of men at home "working on their music" as their girlfriends and wives have the jobs down here. Its just a mixture of everything. I know I got the most ass when I was broke as fuck.

Some malls are like clubs...well...mostly Lenox(but that is a gay club now) but the rest of them are like regular malls, only the signs outside should say "fuck men...we only have women stores" If you go to the ghetto malls like south Dekalb you can find the greatest collection of mens shoes imaginable.

As for the Gay mecca, yeah, pretty much. Although most chicks won't assume you are gay. they are still holding on to the stereotype that gay guys have to be floating around to be gay and that the guys that aren't are straight. This is supported by the large amount of skintight capri pants you will see on men around here so they assume that is all the gay guys. I have no problem with the gay population, and the lesbians are absolutely the coolest ever (I am kinda pissed I have a class reunion and I am going to miss pride weekend with a few of my friends coming from out of town). If nothing else, if you have never had a threeway, this is the place to get it done.

Yeah, I think the building is actually in Norcross which according to Google Maps is about 20 miles away from ATL. Though I'm not 100% sure that is where *I* would be if I get offered the job and took it.

Atlanta's Delta hub is a thing of beauty. I remember now that I walked through a very impressive exhibit of Zimbabwean art on the way to my concourse. Good memory.

And should you want to see a Georgia game, I've got the hook-up here in nearby Athens.

Yeah, I think the building is actually in Norcross which according to Google Maps is about 20 miles away from ATL. Though I'm not 100% sure that is where *I* would be if I get offered the job and took it.

You are not in a bad area. Thats like 15 minutes from me. You just have to pick the right neighborhood. If you are house buying, then you might want to move a LITTLE bit further out.

I stayed in Norcross the last time I went in May, for a 70 dollar a night hotel it had a kitchen. Im staying there for now on. But as far as the malls, Lenox is my favorite even with the gays hanging out there, its the building thing that got me sold. I like Atlantic Station too, so much to do there but the stores there are expensive. As far as strip clubs go the only ones i've been to was Strokers, Pleasers, and Boomers. Strokers was fun, eventhou I was broke at the time I went. I want to move there now, after my fbrother and dad said its been good for them money wise, and job market is solid since they move there.

I used to date a girl that worked at Pleasers(don't go to pleasers by the way). And girl that worked at Strokers. Boomers....

OH SHIT SON, you went to that no alcohol club? I don't know if it was that way when you went but they don't sell liquor anymore. and their table dances...get this...the girl literally stands on a table and dances. No lapdances or anything. 8 buck cover charge with a 2 drink minimum, but they don't have alcohol.

There is this one...some race chick there that has the most perfect body ever if you are a boob man that doesn't care that much for ass. But she can't dance for shit. Then there is this black chick with this huge ass that has a perfect body for someone like me. She is the most talented one there. The white girls are all really nice looking and if not for the lame table dances, I would recommend that place. It has some of the best looking women...the club just sucks ass.

Oh yeah, Atlantic Station is fucking awesome at night.

You are not in a bad area. Thats like 15 minutes from me. You just have to pick the right neighborhood. If you are house buying, then you might want to move a LITTLE bit further out.

If I get/accept the job I'm not sure I'd buy right away even with the relocation money. Might do the apartment thing for 6-12 months and get my bearings.

I used to date a girl that worked at Pleasers(don't go to pleasers by the way). And girl that worked at Strokers. Boomers....

OH SHIT SON, you went to that no alcohol club? I don't know if it was that way when you went but they don't sell liquor anymore. and their table dances...get this...the girl literally stands on a table and dances. No lapdances or anything. 8 buck cover charge with a 2 drink minimum, but they don't have alcohol.

There is this one...some race chick there that has the most perfect body ever if you are a boob man that doesn't care that much for ass. But she can't dance for shit. Then there is this black chick with this huge ass that has a perfect body for someone like me. She is the most talented one there. The white girls are all really nice looking and if not for the lame table dances, I would recommend that place. It has some of the best looking women...the club just sucks ass.

Oh yeah, Atlantic Station is fucking awesome at night.

I went to Boomers because that my first time visiting in ATL, so I didn't know what kind of club it was. It was a backup plan to go there, because originally I was going go to 20 Grand nightclub, but someone with me wasn't able to get in. Then we went to Boomers, then I find out this is a white strip club that do only table dances and serves no alcohol. They fucking charge me almost 4 dollars for a sprite in a glass. There was bald white chick there wasn't bad, and there was one black dancer there too, she wore alot of makeup (might be the same person your talking about) my brother got her number. She was going to hangout with us, but she ended up not going.

Now, Strokers I had some fun. Alot of variety there, I was broke when I went so me and brother was just fucking with strippers and shit. They were getting pissed because we weren't tipping them. I mean they walking around giving other dudes lap dances naked sitting right next to me, thats good enough for me. Pleasers was a last minute bachleor party, wasn't feeling the girls that much, bunch of hood chicks that happen to strip.

Its like part of the culture there, its like "after work lets go to the strip club." "Im bored, lets go to the strip club." You have neighborhood bars in the other cities, over there its neighborhood strip clubs.

Hell, I have been to a strip club at lunch before becuase they had awesome wings. It really is part of the culture here.

And the black chick at boomers had to be the same one because...well...its not like there is alot of them.

Pleasers used to be the spot. You could go, play ball at run and shoot for like 5 hours and then go to pleasers down the street. Then it became more and more hood. Then it became the club that chicks that got kicked out of other strip clubs for fighting or fucking would go to work.

Strokers is fun, and I always get in free because a friend of mine is popular there...although she is in a relationship now, so those days might be over.

I would recommend Pinups next time you go. Although they can be dicks and hold the line for no reason whatsoever some nights. But they are open until 9 am and serve breakfast...so...yeah...good after hours spot.