TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

www.new.facebook.com

What does everyone think?

I hate it on the surface but when I think about it I can see the improvements that they made.

I just spent so much time arranging my page just so and now it's all blown to shit by the redesign. I'm not sure when this moves out of beta and completely becomes the new Facebook, but I don't know... it's a big change.

What the hell are you dribbling on about? That link leads to a page that looks absolutely the same.

Edit: Oh. Wait.

It's a scary change and I don't really like it, but I have this feeling if I don't embrace it I'll be reading the "CLICK HERE FOR THE NEW FACEBOOK" message until the end of time, so I figure very soon I'll have to adjust to change and learn to like what's new.

It's pretty lame. For such an originally forward-thinking company, they do pretty terrible every time they unveil some sort of aesthetic change or major feature.

Guest The Elements of Style

I don't see any changes at all, but then again, I maintain a very spartan facebook. What am I missing here? What changed? Every time I click the link, it redirects me back to Regular Facebook, and I see no differences.

I don't see any changes at all, but then again, I maintain a very spartan facebook. What am I missing here? What changed? Every time I click the link, it redirects me back to Regular Facebook, and I see no differences.

Everything changed, in essense. If you're not seeing it then something isn't going correctly. I first tried to access it at work where the browsers are old and it didn't open correctly until I accessed it with FireFox3.

It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but I'll stick with the traditional layout as long as I can. The worst part was certainly the merging of the mini-feed (which is bad enough by itself) and the comment wall. I only want other people's posts on my wall, not my own news stories. I know what the fuck I've been doing on FB, thank you.

I think the whole concept of Applications completely ruined Facebook to the point I don't even go on it anymore. Unfortunately, MySpace has started to go down the same road, although it's not nearly as severe yet.

Wasn't there a screen cap of your zombie use? It was when you broke the story on Leena using Czech's account here. Not that she would have lied to your or anything.

Wasn't there a screen cap of your zombie use? It was when you broke the story on Leena using Czech's account here. Not that she would have lied to your or anything.

I used to accept invites from friends, but never really used the applications. I deleted a bunch of them months ago.

I think the whole concept of Applications completely ruined Facebook to the point I don't even go on it anymore. Unfortunately, MySpace has started to go down the same road, although it's not nearly as severe yet.

Applications are a welcome distraction from the severely stretched out pages caused by schmucks who don't understand the concept of creating a page with pictures, videos, and text that isn't a visual abomination.

It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but I'll stick with the traditional layout as long as I can. The worst part was certainly the merging of the mini-feed (which is bad enough by itself) and the comment wall. I only want other people's posts on my wall, not my own news stories. I know what the fuck I've been doing on FB, thank you.

This.

I don't like this new facebook in general. As far as the apps go, I generally don't bother with them.

I'll be holding on to the old Facebook for as long as I can. I hate it when websites make changes for apparently the hell of it. Same thing with magazines and their formats too.

You all know you can go back to the old facebook, right?

For now. It's still in beta.

You won't be able to shortly.

They did as late as last week. It's gone through a ton of changes since I switched... they are still heavily working on it. Hopefully they add that back in.