TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

Mordechai

The character of Mordechai, who debuts with a vignette tonight on Smackdown, is being played by Kevin "Seven" Fertig from OVW.

Credit to Meltzer for this revelation.

Should be interesting to see how one of the two "OVW Darlings" around here does. I haven't heard much in the way of the character, but Meltzer also said that he's recently gotten a look that makes him resemble Moondog Mayne.

Tombstone.

Just because Taker can't, and Sev... Ahem, Mordecai can. Besides, apparently his gimmick is supposed to be like his idol's (Taker) so it would only make sense that he takes the Tombstone Piledriver.

So what will be his finisher? Powerbomb, lariat, chokeslam, blown spot?

Add spinebuster to that list.

You know what's truly sad? I bet his finisher really WILL be one of those.

It'll probably be some DVD variant, since that's what most guys tend to use these days, although I couldn't see UT taking a move like that (you KNOW they're going to wind up feuding by like, Survivor Series at the latest).

Problem with doing a "mystical figure"-type character is that the character loses it's mystique if it loses or sells too much offense. So either they give Fertig the god-push, which I can't see them doing, and he becomes a no-selling monster (which will suck) or he doesn't get over and bums around Velocity for months.

Prediction: Mordechai destroys Paul London, Spike Dudley, Funaki etc for a few months, as per any big bully heel on Smackdown (Nathan Jones, Bill DeMott, Matt Morgan)

It'll probably be some DVD variant, since that's what most guys tend to use these days, although I couldn't see UT taking a move like that (you KNOW they're going to wind up feuding by like, Survivor Series at the latest).

Taker will no doubt give the young lad "the rub" by squashing him in every match they have.

Another thing that irks me is that they attempt to create these brooding, mysterious and psychological characters (SOH, Jones at first, and probably now Mordechai), but they had the "look" and the mystique of Leviathan, and traded it in for plain old Dave Batista.

I'd love for a wrestler to name his finisher "The Blown Spot", just to hear JR shout it at the top of his lungs.

"(Wrestler) is going for it, YES! BLOWN SPOT! BLOWN SPOT! BLOWN SPOT! THE COVER! 1! 2! 3!!!"

But what type of name would this wrestler have if his finisher is "The Blown Spot"?

Randy Orton. After all, he does have 1 well-documented botch of it (vs. Jericho), plus it sorta looked a bit messy on HBK this past Raw.

So what will be his finisher? Powerbomb, lariat, chokeslam, blown spot?

The Sit-Out Choke Power Lariat Slam Bomb... cuz, if it has Sit-Out attached to it, it has to be devestating. Right? RIGHT?!

So what will be his finisher?  Powerbomb, lariat, chokeslam, blown spot?

The Sit-Out Choke Power Lariat Slam Bomb... cuz, if it has Sit-Out attached to it, it has to be devestating. Right? RIGHT?!

You can't make that movie sit-out!!!

What are you trying to do, kill his opponent??!!?!?

Guest BDC
So what will be his finisher?  Powerbomb, lariat, chokeslam, blown spot?

You can't make that movie sit-out!!!

What are you trying to do, kill his opponent??!!?!?

Just trying to visualize that.... *shivers*

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I'd love for a wrestler to name his finisher "The Blown Spot", just to hear JR shout it at the top of his lungs.

"(Wrestler) is going for it, YES!  BLOWN SPOT!  BLOWN SPOT!  BLOWN SPOT!  THE COVER!  1!  2!  3!!!"

Thats a great one, but I had a better one I think.

WARNING!

The Following is all Fictional. Taking any of the following serious will cause brain malfunctions and is not advised to be read by Television writers, pregnant females, and homosexuals. Viewer discretion is advised

Last night I was discussing with a friend about a new ultra-stupid gimmick. The wrestlers name would be the MASTER BAITER. Get it, MASTURBATER! But it also has the second meaning! He will trick people in backstage vignettes and promos into doing things because they believe someone else did something to them! It would cause havoc backstage every week!

Then when he wrestles, his finishing move can be called the one handed jerk. It can be a modified side slam. It will sell tickets like Hogan! It's Gold! GOLD GOLD!

Sex = ratings.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I think the better idea for the MB is to have him constantly -if not pathologically- jerk off and splooge in other peoples cereal and drinks.

RRR: No Warnings Needed.

I tried keeping it PG, but yeah, that could be a good idea with the back to the camera.

And they could steal their Meat idea, by having him wrestle with a boner.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I sadly can imagine how disturbing a match versus Rico would be. The censors would take WWE off T.V. in a second.