TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Big Name Rappers To Appear At WWE Pay-Per View?

Big Name Rappers To Appear At WWE Pay-Per View?

Not to be confused with the wrestler who pretends to rap...

There are rumors making their way through various west coast media outlets that the WWE may bring in some professional rap talent to perform with WWE star John Cena at the Judgement Day pay-per-view in Los Angeles on May 16.

The rappers would be used in much the same pre-match fashion as Ice-T was during the Wrestlemania show in Anaheim, CA a few years back.

A lot of names are reportedly being kicked around with Snoop Dogg & his 213 crew (Nate Dogg and Warren G.) and members of the Westside Connection (Ice Cube, Mack 10 and WC) leading the way.

[source: Priority Records]

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Hmmm... I wonder if that will make Judgment Day any better and how that will work in with Cena's feud with Dupree.

Whatever, I'm in for it.

On the one hand, it isn't some one I never heard of, like Pissmaster.

On the other hand, will anyone buy this shitty PPV strictly for that?

It would be funny if they got some east coast rappers and west coast rappers, and then there was a big shoot out. WWE would be stupid enough to do that accidentally.

The East/West rivalry is dead. It's all about hating individuals now. And to be on-topic, any interaction with legit rappers is a double edged sword. It can give Cena a bump by being assosiated with him, but it could also easily expose that Cena isn't really that talented a rapper.

The East/West rivalry is dead.  It's all about hating individuals now.  And to be on-topic, any interaction with legit rappers is a double edged sword.  It can give Cena a bump by being assosiated with him, but it could also easily expose that Cena isn't really that talented a rapper.

You're right, but I don't think that the latter really matters.

Everybody knows that Cena's no Dre, and they can easily have things slowed-down a bit.

And Cena is a good improv artist, though - and a rap CD is an fucking fantastic way to further a gimmick, shades of real personality or not.

It would be funny if they got some east coast rappers and west coast rappers, and then there was a big shoot out. WWE would be stupid enough to do that accidentally.

I'd predict it would be a 3 1/2 to a 4 star shoot out. Which means it would be better then the Eddie/JBL match.

It would be funny if they got some east coast rappers and west coast rappers, and then there was a big shoot out.  WWE would be stupid enough to do that accidentally.

I'd predict it would be a 3 1/2 to a 4 star shoot out. Which means it would be better then the Eddie/JBL match.

:lol: Gold!

But the East Coast/West Coast rivalry is dead, remember?

Guest Adrian 3:16

Uh...yeah.

Looks like someone forgot to update their 1996 calendar.

This was originally planned for WrestleMania XX, but fell through due to the fact that WWE probably couldn't find a professional rapper willing to lose to a professional wrestler in a battle rap.

This could add a nice touch to Judgment Day, or could just end up being another Redneck Triathlon, but that was going to suck from the outset.

It is Nice idea.

Is it just me, or is this idea just a little bit outdated. Last time I checked we have been forced to sit through Football players-turned-wrestlers, wrestlers-turned football players, basketball players turned wrestlers(aka crossdresser turned wrestler), former baseball stars turned gobbledegooker, Late night talk show host wrestlers, annoying actors turned wrestling champion, and Rappers turned wrestlers. If I recall most, if not all these lovely ploys to bring in more "mainstream" media for the most part failed in the long run, not to mentioned pretty much sucked(except the fact the Pete Rose didnt actually fight...just sorta jobbed out for kane. At least he knew his role.) for all those who sat through them.

Maybe I'm wrong...maybe this is just what Smackdown needs.

but if I have to sit through another Master P birthday party, IM GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE SOME BITCHES AT TITAN TOWER!!!!!!

Guest sean pyro
but it could also easily expose that Cena isn't really that talented a rapper.

Either are the names posted in this thread.

The East/West rivalry is dead. It's all about hating individuals now. And to be on-topic, any interaction with legit rappers is a double edged sword. It can give Cena a bump by being assosiated with him, but it could also easily expose that Cena isn't really that talented a rapper.

Cena's lyrical skills are as real as wrestling........they both be frontin', MAN.

Guest duck420

cena is tight on the mic. i say this and i have put out 2 albums myself. that thuganomics song is too ill. i think they should bring in the def jux crew considering hes down with esoteric. fuck these whack mainstream rappers who just want a big paychekc. aesop rock and el-p would do it for cheap. shitBRING ME IN and sign me to wwes record label

duck 420, although you need to learn how to type, I agree with the Aesop Rock idea. Way talented artist.

cena is tight on the mic. i say this and i have put out 2 albums myself. that thuganomics song is too ill. i think they should bring in the def jux crew considering hes down with esoteric. fuck these whack mainstream rappers who just want a big paychekc. aesop rock and el-p would do it for cheap. shitBRING ME IN and sign me to wwes record label

What the fuck did you just say?

What the fuck did you just say?

Beats me. I'm waiting for Anglesault to show up and translate.

Guest Anglesault

Well, that settles that.

I'm not touching this PPV with a ten foot pole.

WHAT?

Guest Choken One

I was able to clearly understand Duck420...Here it is

Here it is in "WHITE-SPEAK" or AngleSaultism

Cena is really good on the mic. I have put out two albums(and sold them to both my mommies). I really Enjoyed Cena's Theme Song. I believe they should bring in a Underground unknown Rap group by the name of Def Jux Crew, because they already have a relationship with Estoeric, whom collaborated on Cena's Album.

I hate the mainstream artists like Cube and Snoop whom only want money and ad time and WWE would be better served to bring in Aseop Rock and El-P would work cheap and would be better.

Perhaps they can hire me to their Record label that doesn't exist anymore.

Ah, cheers Choken.

Now, if only someone could translate my reply back to him...

"I - like all other mature, adult individuals - don't care about rap music. I've never heard of any of these "artists" and nor do I have any desire to. Now, go away and grow up."

Ah, cheers Choken.

"I - like all other mature, adult individuals - don't care about rap music. I've never heard of any of these "artists" and nor do I have any desire to. Now, go away and grow up."

Yes, because if you listen to rap you can't possibly be a mature adult. Fucking idiot

Ah, cheers Choken.

"I - like all other mature, adult individuals - don't care about rap music.  I've never heard of any of these "artists" and nor do I have any desire to.  Now, go away and grow up."

Yes, because if you listen to rap you can't possibly be a mature adult. Fucking idiot

And your post proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt. :rolleyes:

Guest Anglesault
Cena is really good on the mic. I have put out two albums(and sold them to both my mommies). I really Enjoyed Cena's Theme Song. I believe they should bring in a Underground unknown Rap group by the name of Def Jux Crew, because they already have a relationship with Estoeric, whom collaborated on Cena's Album.

I hate the mainstream artists like Cube and Snoop whom only want money and ad time and WWE would be better served to bring in Aseop Rock and El-P would work cheap and would be better.

Perhaps they can hire me to their Record label that doesn't exist anymore.

You could have just said he was drunk.

Ah, cheers Choken.

"I - like all other mature, adult individuals - don't care about rap music.  I've never heard of any of these "artists" and nor do I have any desire to.  Now, go away and grow up."

And your post proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt. :rolleyes:

Yes, because listening to death metal and the like makes you so mature

Guest Choken One
Ah, cheers Choken.

Wigger speak is hard but i'll try

Yos you see us adults that are old and have brains dont be likin rap becuz dat shit be ill. I never blasted a jam or listned to this wack foolz and my ass be not wanting to do dat shit, ya heard? break yourself and get stepping you biatch.

Guest Anglesault
Ah, cheers Choken.

Wigger speak is hard but i'll try

Yos you see us adults

You have to put extra emphasis on the "a" on adult. Even I know that.