TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kkktookmybabyaway

kkk Bowl IV

This year's contest will be run the same way as it was run last year -- rules are at the end of this post. The only change of note is that if I'm convinced a person has dropped out of the contest, even if their Emergency Picks aren't over their limit, I'm going to give their team to someone else. (For example, if someone has a 1-5 record and misses the next 2-3 games, I'm not going to bother to wait until their EPs are over the limit to give their team to someone else, which happened a few times last season.) If you participated in last year's contest and didn't violate your emergency pick limit, you have dibs on re-claiming your team for this year. Returning vets have until August 24 to re-claim thier team. Below is a list of who was on what team. If you are in bold that means you re-claimed your team. Either let me know in this thread or via PM if you want (or don't want) to participate in this year's league, and if you are playing this year then send me your Emergency Picks via PM. That will activiate your team.

If you didn't participate in last year's contest and are interested in taking an open team, just give a shout-out in this thread: it's first come first serve (a waiting list of sorts will be right below the division standings in this post). Currently all spots have been claimed, but I think there could be a few openings should I not get emergency picks in by August 24, so even if you didn't get in now still post your interest and if anyone should lose their team this regular season due to inactivity, I will give dibs to whichever n00bs signed up but weren't able to claim a team. If you were in last year's contest, maxed out your emergency picks, and want another chance, I'm not going to consider your entry request until after August 24 when all vets and n00bs have a chance to join.

Remember, in order to officially activate your team (activated teams are in boldface) you need to give me Emergency Picks via PM. If I do not receive EPs from someone that is affiliated with a team by August 24, that franchise becomes vacant and I will give the poster who is next on the waiting list line a chance to claim that team.

AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills (Bob Barron)

Miami Dolphins (Spaceman Spiff)

New England Patriots (Nl-asshole)

New York Jets (Gert T)

AFC NORTH

Baltimore Ravens (Marvin Is A Lunatic)

Cincinnati Bengals (Teke)

Cleveland Browns (SFA Jack)

Pittsburgh Steelers (Kahran Ramsus)

AFC SOUTH

Houston Texans (Bored)

Indianapolis Colts (Prime Time Andrew Doyle)

Jacksonville Jaguars (Always Pissed Off)

Tennessee Titans (Cuban Linx)

AFC WEST

Denver Broncos (Canadian Chris)

Kansas City Chiefs (Alfdogg)

Oakland Raiders: (Smues)

San Diego Chargers (Porter)

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys (Hawk 34)

New York Giants (Cartman)

Philadelphia Eagles: (The Real World's Champion)

Washington Redskins (Human Fly)

NFC NORTH

Chicago Bears (Agent Of Oblivion)

Detroit Lions (Bravesfan)

Green Bay Packers (Vitamin X)

Minnesota Vikings: (Danville_Wrestling)

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons (King of the 909)

Carolina Panthers (Fazzle)

New Orleans Saints (Cena's Writer)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Starvenger)

NFC WEST

Arizona Cardinals (Vern Gagne)

San Francisco 49ers (Lightning Flik)

Seattle Seahawks (C Dubya 04)

St. Louis Rams (Canadian Guitarist)

RULES 'N STUFF

1) 32 TSM'ers pick their own NFL team to represent and are placed in their respective divisions.

2) Each week during the NFL season every person submits their weekly picks as to which teams will win for that week. You make picks for all the games for that week. If your claimed team has a bye week, then you don't submit picks.

3) Your picks are matched up against the picks of the person your team is matched up against. Whoever has the most correct picks wins the matchup.

(For example: In Week 1, Shittsburgh plays Miami. TSM poster Kahran Ramsus has claimed the Steelers and TSM poster Spaceman Spiff has claimed the Dolphins, so for Week 1 their picks go head to head. Kahran correctly picks the winners of 8 games and Spiff correctly picks 10 winners. Spiff wins the matchup to go 1-0 in the regular season. Kahran loses and goes 0-1.)

4) The rules will be just like the NFL -- Only division winners and two wild card teams from each conference will get to make the post-season, etc.

5) Not only will you submit your picks, but also, as a tie-breaker, you will predict how many points your team will score that week. If you and your opponent picked the same amount of games correctly for one week, the person who more accurately predicted how many points their team would score for that week wins the matchup. If both TSMers are tied after this, then the matchup is a tie.

(For example: In Week 1, Atlanta and Carolina play each other. That means King of the 909 and fazzle are matched up against one another. Both TSM'ers correctly picked 9 winners, so they are tied. Now it's time to go to the tie-breaker. 909 predicted the Falcons would score 10 points and Fazzle predicted the Panthers would score 20 points. The actual score of the game was ATL 13, CAR 26. Therefore, 909 wins the matchup because he had the more accurate tie-breaker: 3 points to Fazzle's 6. It doesn't matter if you go over or under your team's score. All that matters is if you are closer to you team's score than your opponent's.)

6) Instead of picking the outright winners of each NFL game, there will be point spread with each NFL game. I'm hoping giving under-powered teams a few extra points might encourage some TSMers to pick them instead of going with a favored team.

7) The end-of-season tiebreakers will be the same as the NFL's (division record, conference record, etc.)

8) Before the season begins, you will have to submit a set of "Emergency Picks." I'll explain this to any n00bs that claim a team via PM.

Can nl-asshole repeat this year?

Yes

Hell, will he bother to show up

And yes.

Emergency Picks will be sent shortly, kkk.

Guest Vitamin X

Why yes, I will take the Pack back to glory after a disappointing near-playoff miss last year.

I'll take a team if there's an opening. Indy's my first choice, of course, but I won't be picky.

OK, here's a question for those without a team. If I were to have a regular "pick 'em" contest where everyone that doesn't have a team just submit picks and a running total/cumulative score is kept (think Bravesfan's old contest), would there be any takers? Ever since Bravesfan ditched his contest there hasn't been someone to pick up the slack.

Guest Smues

I'm the only one, even of the noobs not to have () around his name. Did I forget to do something?

Guest Vitamin X
OK, here's a question for those without a team. If I were to have a regular "pick 'em" contest where everyone that doesn't have a team just submit picks and a running total/cumulative score is kept (think Bravesfan's old contest), would there be any takers? Ever since Bravesfan ditched his contest there hasn't been someone to pick up the slack.

I'd actually be in favor of this rather than the current system.

I'd actually be in favor of this rather than the current system.

1) Well technically this is done already with my year-end "PF" score rankings, although you also have to factor in people's EPs, too (If enough people without a team sign up I could just add the 32 people with teams to this "cumulative picks" list and subtract any correct EPs from their scoresheets; it wouldn't be that hard for me to do). I'll see what the response I get to this idea is and think about it. Also, the "current system" was never meant to be "a straight-up person with the most correct picks over the course of a season wins" league. To me those contests are too bland and can be found just about anywhere.

2) Alf, there would be no need for people without a team to use tie-breakers, although they would still make picks based off of point spreads. That's one rule I won't change; last year when I put the issue of "to use point spreads or to make all picks straight up," point spreads won by a clear majority. If someone else wants to do it the "straight up" way, they can start a league of their own.

3) Happy, Smues?