DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Yes, it comes in a big box and comes with a booklet. Plus it's cheaper than the 4 sets would be individually (though as I mentioned earlier, Amazon is having a sale on those so that's not true at the moment).
-
I think I lost track of what he was talking about at some point.
-
bob, just to clarify, has "WWE been really good the past few years", creating moments that show "the fun of watching wrestling", or has it turned you off to the point you "only watch 24/7". Conflicting.
-
Ok, this made me laugh: I think I remember hearing this bogus rumour before, but it was funny to hear again.
-
They should make a movie about that guy from the BTAS episode "Prophecy of Doom" (apparently that's Bruce Timm's least favourite episode of anything in the entire DCAU).
-
I knew if I forgave you for (indirectly and not really at all) calling me a half brained moron you'd praise my writing. You delivered, Leo!
-
Bix is friends with CM Punk according to the F4W wiki. VX - I accept your apology.
-
That would be pretty rude, but I guess it makes sense.
-
I like the Heenan / Bundy logic that the cage at Mania 2 was politically designed to make Bundy fail (he's too big to climb and the door was too small to escape), pointing out Hogan never even attempted the too small doorway.
-
TNT features what appears to be Harley Race's debut. Bruno even gets to say he's a world famous wrestler who he wrestled on many occasions.
-
JN News sure showed the folks over at WrestlePalooza.
-
It's odd to hear Flair come out to some epic music that isn't his traditional theme. I love this national anthem deal too.
-
This may be best for the old school questions thread, but unless I wasn't paying attention this is the first Raw I recall hearing the crowd do the "WOO!" when someone gets chopped. When and how did that start? I think I heard something about it being an ECW thing for fans to mock Shane Douglas.
-
SmackDown Spoilers - August 1, 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
The injury may help him. He lost 3 times in a row to HHH on PPV and who knows what, if anything worthwhile, they had planned for him post draft. Now he gets to come back fresh and in the mix. -
So far so good on part one, I'm in the middle of Liger / Nogami and I'm liking it. The 6 man opener was nothing special but I liked it too. JR mentioned translator "Wally Yamaguchi". Mr. Yamaguchi-san!?
-
Raw is kind of bittersweet right now. You know we're really close to the Attitude Era with Austin, Rock, and DX taking off, but I've also noticed Jim Neidhart has vanished, the Hart Foundation is in neutral and will be gone soon (and they've run out of steam) and we're also a few episodes away from Brian Pillman dying. Anyway, the 9/8 Raw started out good with the Austin stuff and Hart vs. Vader but it really seemed dull afterwards. I like how when the crowd chanted boring during the main event, HHH gave them the crotch chop.
-
The 9/8 episode of Nitro is pretty good. Rey/Eddie have a good match (Rey seems to botch a lot of his highspots but they make good saves), the Horseman stuff is good, and overall it's a pretty enjoyable show. Mark Curtis taking down the fan that ran in was pretty awesome too. I think they may have edited some stuff from the Sting angle too, because a recap I'm reading mentions Hogan going out to the floor, saying Sting isn't breathing and calls for help. I just remember seeing someone throw the dummy in the ring while Hogan says "this wasn't supposed to happen". It's pretty obvious why they would edit that though and probably for the best.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Well you may have noticed a lot of earlier, gradual changes (example: the graphic for the date got a new font months ago) so maybe that's down the pipeline. -
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Maple Leaf Gardens was in Toronto. Gorilla Monsoon's enthusiasm in alerting us that were store in for some great World Wrestling Federation action always amuses me. I don't think even he thought Rockers vs Ahmed/Yokozuna could be a main event anywhere in the country though. -
Man Called Sting is what they've been using for a long time now to cover up Sting's original theme. This is the first time I've heard the "BAM! BAMBAM!" theme on a WWE broadcast. I love it.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Dig those fancy new graphics across the board this month. I think KOTR 93 had the new copyright signature but I hadn't seen it since. -
"WCW Intergender Tag Match" is REALLY embarrassing. I mean, I laughed at it but for all the wrong reasons. Tony's mockery of Hall selling for nameless blond was funny and all, but quite unnecessary for a show during the Monday Night War era. I didn't catch the exact date but I think it was October something in 1999 so I have to assume it's a Russo segment.
-
Haven't had time to watch the show yet, but - and yes, I admit this is sad - I felt compelled to share my excitement that STING'S CLASSIC THEME~! is on 24/7. Hooray for WWE apparently acquiring the rights to it.
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
No, the last MNW update was two Nitros and no Raw (it was Friday Night's Main Event). I also noticed that the rest of Backlash (even the full option) showed up tonight with NWA, which is fine since neither expire for a week. I was hoping WG 94 would be up before midnight but no dice. Hopefully when I get home from work I find a decent update. Edit: Woah woah, Cogeco and/or WWE must have had a fire lit under their ass because at 8:30 (when I got home from work), EVERYTHING was there. Hooray!