DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Except for The Rock, but we won't get into that again...
-
Digital Guide preview: "Shane and Stephanie McMahon seek an end to unrest as "Great American Bash" approaches".
-
Yes. Basically, they signed Tony Atlas and realized they had to change Atlas The Bone's name to Ricky (as previously discussed, his real name is Rich).
-
The OAO TSM "Happy Birthday, you!" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in No Holds Barred
Happy birthday to Ravenbomb and spman. spman is currently expecting a "birthday surprise" from his girlfriend from work who he has an "inappropriate workplace relationship" with (which I think is bullshit in this day and age but whatever). -
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I certainly appreciate that, flairfan. I did find my layout easier (and I suppose I could still do it without program previews), but it's now become something where I was getting too into looking up what shows were about when I just want to enjoy them. Here's something for you current subscribers to think about: I don't really think anything will come of it, but I sent some feedback basically stating at the current schedule it will be about six years for the Monday Night Wars series to wrap up so I had an idea: On the weeks there isn't a new MNW era Raw and Nitro, air Raw chronologically from the week after the last Nitro plus throw in SmackDown from episode one. I know the Invasion turned out really crappy but after reading several archived F4W newsletters, I'm pretty anxious to see episodes of Raw (like the ECW/Alliance deal) air again and so on. So, obviously I'm only one guy, but if others think this is a good idea (and how can more content be a bad idea?) feel free to also send them similar feedback. -
http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/5991/105/ Teddy Long came out and announced the card and said fans could text message what kind of match stipulations they wanted in the main event. 1. Fit Finlay w/Hornswoggle beat Carlito w/ new hair style. Carlito actually looks better. 2. Great Khali beat Evan Bourne. Went about three minutes and not much to it. Bourne barely did anything. 3. Kennedy beat Mike Knox. No microphone came down from the ceiling which Kennedy disapproved of. 4. Miz and Morrision beat Jesse and Festus. Great comedy from the Miz and Festus is just awesome when he gets to wrestle. 5. Matt Hardy beat MVP and Shelton Benjamin in a triple threat match. Benjamin is from the nearby area and got a smattering of cheers. Hardy was beloved. 6. Michelle Mccool and Cherry beat Victoria and Maryse. Mccool made Maryse tap out to a ridiculous ankle hold that no one expected. Maryse has such great heel charisma. Victoria got an atomic wedgie. 7. Mark Henry w/ Tony Atlas beat Tommy Dreamer. Lots of time spent on a wristlock on Dreamer. After the splash Dreamer lay in the ring forever. 8. Jeff Hardy beat Edge in the No-DQ main event where the fans "texted" their "vote". The only match of the night the fans were into. Fun match that spilled all over the arena.
-
So Booker is champ via DQ, right? It's funny, I was just saying on IRC that TNA title matches on PPV are pointless when we know the company has long term goals (which isn't a bad thing necessarily), then I realized they can always do hot shot angles to undo PPV results so they can continue towards a Joe/Nash title match.
-
It was a question.
-
"Where I come from, we don't wrestle people like him, we hire them" Oh 80s Ric Flair...
-
Tuna sub on honey oat with melted cheese, green pepper, ground pepper, jalapeno pepper, lettuce, and light mayo.
-
Comments which don't warrant a thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Giuseppe Zangara's topic in No Holds Barred
"Wow... I will never drink again" "Beer here!" "I'll take 10 please" -
Technically you could rind 14 coaster in an hour (that's using a 4 minute average and I'm pretty sure most are less) but that doesn't account for distance to each one or wait times. I'm not lying about the wait times though - the end of August near Labour Day in the 90s, the park was practically dead. Some of those old wooden coasters aren't very fun either, though the bigger ones give you a "holy shit this this is going to BREAK" (even though it won't and is perfectly safe) suspense feeling so I guess it does its job. Edit: Now you got me interested.... Blue Streak - 1:45 Cedar Creek Mine Ride - 2:42 WildCat - 1:25 Corkscrew - ??? Gemini - ??? Jr. Gemini - 0:50 Disaster Transport - 2:32 Iron Dragon - 2:00 Magnum XL200 - 2:00 Mean Streak - 3:13 Raptor - 2:32 (my favourite, btw) Mantis - 2:40 Woodstock Express - 1:06 Millennium Force: The Sid Eudy Experience - 1:45 Wicked Twister - 0:40 Top Thrill Dragster - 0:17 Maverick - 2:30
-
Hotel for 4 nights = $350 (And thats probably a mid range 2 to 3 star hotel at $75 a night plus taxes booked online) Food for 4 days = $100 ($25 a day which isn't much these days) Admission to Cedar Point for 2 days, parking = $85 Souvenirs and food at Cedar Point = $75 (I always buy a TShirt for a Coaster I've ridden and Im probably gonna eat/drinlk another $40 worth in 2 days easy ) Orioles game ticket/food/parking = $75 Gas for the trip = $150?? (probably at least 3 fillups @ $50 each by this time next year, but who knows) total = $835 (and this is just for me, no one else lol) Id rather set aside $25 a week into a savings account for 48 weeks (11 months) to pay for it then to try and budget it out of my money in my checking account next summer. It should give me about $1200 which should be enough. That's a lot of time, money and effort wasted on a amusement park that is hardly worth any of it. You're joking..right? Cedar Point is the Roller Coaster Capital of the World and 2nd oldest park in North America. They have 17 total roller coasters with the most in the world that top 200 feet. It takes at least 2 days to ride every coaster, something Ive managed to do in 1 day at every other park Ive been to (Kings Dominion in VA and NC, Busch Gardens in VA, Six Flags in MD/NJ* and Hershey Park) Not to mention this trip also has an Orioles game planned into it as well. * with the exception of Kingda Ka which wasnt open the day I went Say what? Sir, I've beeen to The Point numerous times and if you pick the right day (ie NOT THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER when it's full of kids, lines, and probably very hot) you can ride everything twice or more in a day. Last time I was there we rode the Mantis a few times in a row, only getting off to move to the front (the front and back cars being the only ones with a significant line). Labour Day weekend or around there was traidtionally when we would go and fine this good fortune of low wait times, but do have to admit this was 1998 and times may have changed. The idea was all the Ohio kids were back in school by mid August while we didn't start until after Labour Day. Does your list include The Jr. Gemini?
-
I loved it when Spike TV was running that movie all the time. Ric Flair is in it too!
-
I often see a movie called "Blood and Guts" about wrestling airing here. I watched a bit of it and didn't like it because despite being from 1979 or so, it didn't maintain kayfabe. Come on now.
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
I was pretty pissed the advertised "I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO INTO ROOM 1408" scene was not present. -
Back to the WGN / ALF thing... I don't know if what my digital guide is saying is the programming error in question or the programming that led to the confusion, but it shows that Superstation WGN - which has never once aired SmackDown as far as I know - is airing ALF from 8-10 tonight. WGN 9 from Chicago is still listed as showing SD! here and as far as I know, it never wasn't.
-
But according to SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 (which was my source for who used what moves in ECW), Punk was using both for a period of time. I figure now that he's a main eventer (for now) he can revert to having two potential finishers and the ability to build submission suspense.
-
You play along very well. I like that. You may recall the WWE folder had another running joke about a certain wrestler doing the occassional job and how a certain poster would get incredibly outraged about it. He seemed completely oblivious to the fact he acted that way which made it less fun (but in a way, more fun).
-
I checked my daily flickr stats and yesterday had a HUGE spike in views (about 350% over the previous day) and some guy decided to "favourite" 22 photos. That pleased me.