DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
WWE.com jumps on TSM's Fantasy Draft bandwagon: http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/wwedraft2008/fantasydraft/
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Kelly Kininski's promo is quite awful and stuff. That was a fun show though, setting the stage for Greg The Hammer vs IRS at SummerSlam 91. I also like those multicoloured checkered tights Piper used to wear in Mid-Atlantic. -
I don't particularly blame you for being unaware of it's existence (that is to say, I'm not doing the usual "Hey jerk, go discuss this here!"), but if you want to see a bunch of Mania IX discussion, here's a thread from a few months ago: http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=90041
-
Oh. Wikipedia made it sound like that was some new age thing for Lucard running a major company during the day. Ah, rich business man Dracula. Good times, that series was.
-
Maybe it's based on the lore set by Dracula: The Series in which vampires can walk around in the daytime, they just have no powers while doing do. The Reese Witherspoon "Twilight" was the first thing I thought of too.
-
I can't stand Cranberry, Tomato, or V8 juice. Well that's not true about cranberry - I don't like cranberries like you would associate with a holiday dinner, but I once drank a bunch of cranberry juice by accident (unlabeled red juice in a container) and thought it was fine. Once I knew it was cranberry juice I developed a mental dislike of it. Back in the late 90s I used to really like Ocean Spray's Ruby Red Grapefuit juice. It lacks (mostly) the bitter aftertaste I associate with real grapefruit juice.
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
I don't like the preachy signs a Bible Mission here always puts out. "You think it's hot here...", "Jesus died for your sins, not Santa" (where's the fun Christmas spirit in that? Jerks), etc. Basically I don't see why they have to be such downers to spread the good news. They currently have a sign reading "Jesus is like Fire Insurance". I was actually going to complain about how I don't even GET that analogy, but bringing up last summer's "You think it's hot" sign made me realize it's about Hell. My original interpreation was they were saying Jesus was something that was a good idea to have in your life but had a low chance of being useful anytime soon. Clearly not something they were trying to say. -
No, an early mission involving bikers ("The Lost") and one of them dating Faustin's daughter. A weird thing (maybe not so weird?) with that mission was I always thought traffic patterns were randomly generated but as I repeated that mission SO MANY TIMES when I was chasing on the motorcycle, I realized I was getting cut off by the same idiot driver who appears to "panic swerve" when he notices someone being chased on a high speed bike. Sure seemed like that, anyway.
-
Surname: Gray Recorded as Gray, Graye, Grey, Greye, de Grey, MacGray, McGray, McGrah, McGreay, McGrey, and possibly others, this ancient Anglo-Scottish surname has at least two possible origins. The first was Old English and a nickname or personal name for a man with grey hair or beard, from the pre 7th century word "graeg", meaning grey. Although the name means the same in Scotland and Ireland,name holders there took their name from the early Gaelic word "riabhach" which also means brindled or grey. The second separate origin is French and locational. As such it is from the village of Graye in Calvados, Normandy, and was introduced into the British Isles after the famous Conquest of 1066. The village was called from the Roman personal name "Gratus" meaning welcome, with the suffix "acum," a settlement. Early recordings of the surname include Baldwin Grai, in the Pipe Rolls of Berkshire in 1173, and Henry de Gray, in the Pipe Rolls of Nottinghamshire, dated 1196. Other examples include Henry Gray and Jone Darby married at St. Margaret's, Westminster, on November 30th 1539 and Catherine MacGray, christened at Endell Street lying in hospital, city of London on March 17th 1763. Thomas Gray (1716 - 1771), the poet, was most well known for his "Elegy in a Country Churchyard", published in 1751. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Anschitill Grai. This was dated 1086, in the Domesday Book of Oxfordshire, during the reign of King William 1st, known as "The Conqueror", 1066 - 1087. Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was sometimes known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to "develop" often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.
-
Your last name is Livingston, Tim.
-
Thanks... I didn't actually need an answer (though I could see how you thought I was actually questioning your ability to buy a DVD with 90 points) but no matter. I was making a reference to the Pepsi Stuff campaign of the 1990s (where a sweater cost 250 points) and specifically this lawsuit about a jet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_v._Pepsico%2C_Inc.
-
Stolen from THE BOARD, and not so much pictures but I didn't know where to put this: 1956 encyclopedia definition of professional wrestling.
-
I felt so stupid when I realized I didn't actually have to ride the tough to handle motorcycle in "No Love Lost". Chasing the guy in a car was much easier.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I don't know what any of that means but I'll be sure to set my player to 16:9 as always. Good to know, I suppose. I also didn't realize until the other day you're actually an important person on the internet but now I do. http://f4w.wikia.com/wiki/Bix -
I remember the fish thing from Dirty Work.
-
Yeah, that really sucks when I'm at work. It does't have much effect at home since I clear my history after every browser exit and don't re-visit my non-bookmarked sites very often in a single session, but it's a whole different ballgame using a computer I can't save bookmarks too. Typing out forums.thesmartmarks.com every time I swing by here during work is a nuisance. Edit: The issue there seems to be if your history is set to zero, that includes addresses typed during your session. I thought I tried that at work to see if it was the problem and it solved nothing, but it works fine at home. Ok then.
-
And my XBL gamercard quote, yes.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
This was noted in the Troubleshooting but it looks like a quick change was made and Mania XXIV was replaced with last year's Vengeance / Night of Champions. I noticed the Sunflower update removed it (well, I noticed then forgot, but Al reminded me) and now I see they've actually added Vengeance 2007 to the list. So, that's something weird but I thought 4 weeks after the DVD release was a bit soon to be putting Mania up, though I guess it was the same time frame last year). I have a theory on this - 24/7 tends use DVD versions of PPVs where available. 24/7 is also a standard definition service broadcast in 4:3. No "Fullscreen" DVD version of Mania XXIV was produced, just the widescreen version which is letterboxed for 4:3 viewers. Obviously they have a 4:3 version available since people without HDTVs would have watched that version on PPV, but it's something to think about. -
That was my first thought too, but they had lots of time to clean it up with something - ANYTHING else - once the tape was released. Besides, where's the fun in dissecting comedy?
-
DX drew that PPV's buyrate and millions of dollars in merchandise sales afterwards. There is no argument here.
-
I think that it was more along the lines of the Turner Home Entertainment being very lazy/careless when it came to putting together WCW's video art. Check out the cover of Hog Wild 96 if you don't know what I'm talking about. That is some funny stuff right there, lol. Thanks man.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Funny enough, from the March 11, 1991 WON put up in the archives today: "An awful lot of people picked up on Sid Vicious and Rick Steiner calling set-ups for spots." -
Starrcade tapes are really annoying because Turner Home Video apparently thought it was unhip to label something with the previous year when it came out on tape.
-
I enjoyed Michaels getting a bit flustered with the gay chants and using the line about sisters and mothers. I also thought Shawn referencing watching Superstars was a bit odd in 1997 but I guess it still existed as a recap show on the USA network. That's also a pretty good match between him and Mankind - the spot where he practically leaps over the announce table to deliver an elbow drop on Mankind (while he's standing, oddly) was an oddly timed yet really neat spot.
-
One time in 1999, I tried renting the 1994 Royal Rumble from a video store. I was horrified to find King of the Ring 1995 inside the box.