Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. That story doesn't make a lot of sense. I remember them showing clips on the Raw after BOD and before BOD II showing how badly lit the arena was during the almost literal dark matches. Surely Shawn and Bulldog would see power was up and running again. Furthermore, the match still ended in a double pin to build to the KOTR match - why would they do this if they thought it was off air? To answer my own questions, I suppose it's plausible they did the original finish anyway because that's what was planned, so why not, and even though the building's power was on they may have thought the PPV had long since been canceled and taken off the air, not realizing they sat on dead air for over an hour.
  2. So, is MITB a 7 man match this year? I expected the final ECW/SD qualifier this week. Edit: Nevermind, I forgot with Hardy out the ratio is currently in ECW/SD's favour (Punk, MVP, Benjamin, and Nitro to Raw's Jericho, Kennedy, and Carlito). So now I guess I'm confused as to why Raw didn't do one.
  3. Maria seems to be coming along decently enough for a WWE women's wrestler.
  4. As long as Hayes and Patterson are on the panel, it should be an entertaining hour. Hayes always seems to have something funny to say. If Bischoff was on the panel it would be even better.
  5. His video segments on WWE.com amuse me.
  6. That's what I assumed. On this system when you boot up channel 247, you have "Subscribers Only" (which anyone can look at, you just can't watch) and "Free Trial". The free area still just had the 4 standard previews but like I said, I'm not concerned as I have all the Manias. Just finished XIV on Sunday, which means it's time to FF right through XV.
  7. Dude, he STOLE LAWLER'S SANDWICH. He's a good asshole character.
  8. Where is it supposed to be? Free? I didn't see anything but I'm not terribly worried.
  9. I figured someone (and by someone I mean Hawk 34) would have commented on CM Punk's "Happy Birthday" shout out to Samoa Joe on his wrist tape. Flair splashing Vince through the table - was that cool or what?
  10. He did some house shows (well, at least one in MSG) too, but I see your point.
  11. He seems more floaty with his spinning sword slash and downward sword slash (from the air). I like it.
  12. It's no 100 Tacos for $100.
  13. I have a commercial copy of BOD somewhere in this place - I believe they show Vader vs. Yokozuna followed by Shawn Michaels vs. Bulldog, then show BOD II's 3 re-do matches after. I think that's how it aired on the Tuesday broadcast which I assume would be the one they air. It's not a bad IYH show - Bulldog/Michaels is good (though much better at KOTR the next month) and Vega/Austin have a good strap match.
  14. Wow, you summed up my thoughts exactly. I was just about to call it a tl;dr.
  15. Yeah, Armageddon is the last step in seeing if Cogeco is back to complete updates or not. Just having the PYBO and LOW episodes are a giant step back in the right direction though. I just randomly checked the Legends bucket today as the 17th was the official date (as per WWE.com) for the Roundtable. As for the LOW show, I can see why people are let down (23 Manias are a lot to cover in 60 minutes) but it was enjoyable for what it was. Hayes gets the line of the show when asked how Tyson's behaviour was at Mania XIV ("He was easier to deal with than Shawn Michaels"). The next episode is about "Worst Characters" - I'm already looking forward to that.
  16. April's schedule is up on Sunflower's site. Programs not mentioned on WWE.com include: - In Your House: Beware of Dog - Old School: August 13, 1988 (LA) - Andre vs Savage, Rude vs. Roberts - Old School: October 20, 1986 (MSG) - tag team battle royal and Bret Hart vs. Raymond Rougeau.
  17. Sorry, it's just ever since Simpsons: Behind The Laughter, I always feel the need to add "Renegade" to "I hear that".
  18. Well despite the general feeling it's a let down, I'm going to watch it tonight seeing as how, much like the PYBO, Cogeco here ACTUALLY HAS IT. I was looking for a torrent of it, but now there is no need.
  19. I hear that, Renegade. Everytime I hear the Doomsday ad on the radio with the fella yelling "THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD" I get the Leonidas vibe.
  20. I think a friend of mine actually called me up to tell me I best be watching TV because there was a new champion (who he didn't initially recognize in the clip and thought was The Berzerker, lol - I guess he saw Bret's hair all messy from the match and called me before getting a good look. He didn't follow that closely). I returned the favour by calling him when Superstars announced Jannetty was IC champion.
  21. I ordered it yesterday, and I noticed the times were a bit weird To clarify, I mean it's going to be hard to justify the order if I'm going to be cut off before the show is over. The flip side is if by the day of the show it's not fixed yet, I can probably end up getting it for free / discounted price by complaining.
  22. I think he means Cheech's avatar.
  23. The first PPV event I saw was WrestleMania VII via Coliseum Video - I became a wrestling fan shortly after this event (spring 91) and I ended up renting it from a video store. I wasn't totally caught up on when it was from, what it mattered that it was a WrestleMania, or that it was so recent (I recall my mom asking when this was from when she saw Regis Philbin involved, talking about Kathy Lee with Tenryu). I actually had timeline / history problems a lot when I was 10 because I had no idea what had gone on title wise previously, so I always thought Mr. Perfect was going to lose his IC title to Bulldog on other Coliseum Videos, then Bossman at Mania VII. Kind of silly, but hey, what did I know? SummerSlam 91 is a close second - by this time I was fully aware a big event was coming up and while we had no PPV capabilities in our area at this time, we had friends of the family watching and recording it in Detroit. I got the tape not much later. I lucked out (sort of) that so soon after becoming a wrestling fan, Survivor Series 91 was in Detroit. My cousin, his friend, uncle, and the kids from the Detroit family we knew all went and had a good time. I left the show thinking it was really something (plus I had a foam 2x4 and nightstick!). Royal Rumble 92 would be the first PPV I actually was able to see as it happened on television thanks to a local tavern. I also saw my first Mania (VIII) there as well. One fateful day we received a flyer in the mail alerting us that Warrior vs. Savage was a go for SummerSlam 92 AND I could watch it from the comfort of my own home. I remember my mom telling me she had hoped I wouldn't find that ad but I did. The cool thing was that in order to watch the PPV we had to ger a decoder box from the cable company, and said box was the gateway to the "Superstations" - WTBS, WSBK, WGN, and KTLA. This opened up a lot of WCW viewing for me with TBS. Anyway I invited my cousin and some friends over for a big SummerSlam 92 party and a good time was had by all - I remember how the channel the PPV was on existed JUST for SummerSlam, and we had to order it in advance. We just had a screen on channel 52 with old school computerized text saying "You Are Authorized To Receive This Channel" for weeks until the big event.
  24. They started it in late April / early May as summer movie season promotion but it was good for business so they kept it. It might have even started last March as a winter promotion but I seem to recall our group was seeing movies cheap by using cereal box tops from select marked packages of Oatmeal Crisp cereal. Then with the Scene card, every 10th movie is free (or a free combo).
  25. Whether it makes sense or not, backstage politics are exactly what killed the angle.
×
×
  • Create New...