Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. After try #3 I finally finished that 2002 Raw. Did Nash have something in his contract about having his opponents try to avoid contact with him? Austin and Rock's punches looked fine with Hall but are the fakest thing on the show when they start slugging Nash in the face. I take it Nash has some blame in this too but wow, I never realized how awful that looked until now (I hadn't paid attention to it much previously but there was a quote going on around on IRC about how "Rock's punches are so lightning fast Nash is selling them a foot in front of his face!").
  2. Re: Prices. In 1998 a theatre at the mall here began showing movies for $1-3 (depending on day of the week and time) that were recently removed from the major theatre in the city. Then it was closed down in 1999 and replaced by a multiplex in the mall's expansion in 2000. Thankfully we have $4.20 Tuesdays at the big Scotiabank Presents: Cineplex Odeon's Famous Players theatres (hooray for mergers and corporate sponsorship!)
  3. Sonic IS fun (although all his attacks seem like similar variants of the homing attack) but there is definitely a learning curve with him. I played through All-Star mode with him to get his Final Smash trophy (because it looks awesome) and ended up killing myself several times without even trying - he just goes so damn fast I would run at someone and do an attack that would take us both out (this would be on a non-side pit level, like the the Zelda "Bridge" stage).
  4. Yes, it is a retirement match for Ric Flair if he loses (it was mentioned in the WO recap Vince was "in and out" of character).
  5. I dont want to know what the stuff that looks like gravy is then. Chicken gravy.
  6. Neither of those commands make sense to my control scheme (I move with the control pad and have no R trigger on a Wii remote) but I'll convert it.
  7. How do you play as ZSS without a Final Smash?
  8. Don't be hatin on Mose Schrute.
  9. He lives by his own rules.
  10. Mania is on the 30th though, so you're good to go.
  11. Did you ask him about his wiener?
  12. Kirby making a robot sound effect when he shoots lasers ("beeeep!") is awesome.
  13. So do you sneak into rehearsals or something? I've never been entirely clear how you attained your celebrity stalker status.
  14. My digital guide is listing Mania as running from 6-10pm eastern (10:30, actually). That's going to make ordering the show a problem if they're using incorrect times.
  15. Yeah, it's his thing. Was 94-95 the post Sandler / Farley / Nealon year, pre group of 95-96 year? I don't quite remember anything about it that stands out as being awful. Edit: Thanks, wikipedia. That season had the vomiting cops skit with the vomit hoses that didn't work, right? Gotta count for SOMETHING.
  16. Hey ATS is posting again! Welcome back. It's just about finding the right way to use characters. Toon Link is just Young Link so whatever minor differences they had in Melee are probably present here (TL seems kind of floaty with his up smash). I couldn't really tell this from youtube videos but since Pirate Ship looks cel-shaded, I assumed TL would be too. He actually just LOOKS cel-shaded and his clothes appear rendered just like regular Link, it looks pretty neat. I'm having problems getting used to Sonic's moveset - I have no idea right now what the difference between his up and left/right smash attacks are other than that it makes me fall off the stage (but I save myself with his awesome springboard move). How do you get Snake to have codec conversations on Shadow Moses? I also need to snap a photo of Snake breaking someone's neck for fun. I made one stage using the Wii remote like an NES controller, seemed easy enough. As far as I know, at no point in this game do you point on screen for anything no matter what set-up you use. How did you guys not know about the stickers?! Weren't we all following Dojo's updates that were brought up here? How many people are going to always refer to Pit as Kid Icarus? I place the blame squarely on Captain N for that (well, that and the game's title sounds like a person's name).
  17. http://youtube.com/watch?v=in_bfNqJztk The latest Casa is probably the best one yet. The HHH DVD review is gold.
  18. Well I took it from you having to fight him you didn't get him through SSE. My comment was actually unrelated but happened to flow with what you said before it. After acquiring TL this morning I just need the other two non-regular SSE party members and I'm set.
  19. Previous DK boxart: awesome. This... I have no idea. And for fun: Yes, that really is about THE Superman. And because I think it's funny:
  20. I had a string of problems like that in the ealry 00s so it became difficult to get invested in television shows, but stuff like The Office doesn't seem to be in danger.
  21. Well the verdict is promising, anyway.
  22. Getting off topic from 24/7 Online but staying on this Coliseum Video bit, I just watched a youtube video where Sean Mooney was portrayed as a bum that couldn't put his tie on spliced with clips of him yelling at Bobby Heenan's camera crew for ruining his honeymoon. Kind of bizarre. http://youtube.com/watch?v=WSbbFClc4mI And you want to talk hokey segments? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvblv7vpnc I didn't even know Berzerker spoke!
  23. How do you fit 23 shows at 3-4 hours a pop in a weekend? I just got up to Mania 11 today and think I'm running further behind schedule than usual... might have to cut out the HOFs. Copious use of fast forward?
×
×
  • Create New...