Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. My history might be a bit off but I thought a "Comcast dropping 24/7" rumour (combined with pricing errors) is what caused Nate to unsubscribe for 2 months.
  2. Check this stage out: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage30.html
  3. Going by pictures on WWE.com, I think next week's Hart vs. Hennig update is going to be from Uncensored 98 (which also explains why they called him Hennig and not Mr. Perfect). Not their best of course, but it's something different and different can be good. Then again, WWE.com also has a picture of the 6 man tag from Mania XII and I don't know what that has to do with anything scheduled for this month.
  4. No one but you (Matt) had anything to gain from a name change so you must have requested it. Why else would it have happened? Simple logic.
  5. Enigma is a dude from Atlanta who looks nothing like the CGI picture of whoever that is supposed to be in his avatar (or at least didn't in 2003) who used to write fairly entertaining user articles about Raw in 2002 on wrestlingdb.com. Mecca is not this person.
  6. Didn't you hear? (this was made really quickly so yeah, looks kinda crappy).
  7. WWE Folder can have classics. The "100 Reasons That Big Bossman is better than Goldberg" thread, for example (unless that's from General). I jokingly made reference to the "100 Reasons" thread in reference to Lashley and people ran with it. Good stuff.
  8. Heh... this is kind of sad. Cogeco seems to just now be uploading this week's programming... by putting up a duplicate copy of the History of ECW. Good stuff, guys. The neat thing here though is Cogeco ACTUALLY WROTE ME BACK. 10 Pounds knows this has not ever happened when we tell them about issues with 24/7. Sure, they didn't say anything at all relevant to the problem, but it's the thought that counts I suppose.
  9. Great meaning large or immense, using it in the pejorative sense? If you're a legend in your own mind you wouldn't think you were worthy of being the worst. PLOT HOLE.
  10. Your opening statement said you're a great poster. I shouldn't vote great posters as the worst.
  11. Urban legend (maybe, as there could have been SOME altering but not enough to care). The crowd is still amazingly pro Hogan on the DVD (which I assume is the version on 24/7). I said eons ago in the WWE folder the biggest change to that match was a different camera angle on a People's Elbow (I remembered the PPV one not landing very well) but someone - maybe even bob - said I was mistaken. Mania XX is the one with altered crowd responses for Lesnar / Goldberg, but even that is only toned down (plus the original crowd audio is available on the Spanish track).
  12. Where does that Dustin Rhodes segment fit in? Was he being groomed as Mr. Perfect's next challenger?
  13. Chris Moore? What the hell is with that? What's wrong with Mordetzky?
  14. Cogeco is REALLY half assing 24/7 lately... not only did they add nothing, they took stuff away (the MSG show - which was the wrong show - vanished. Maybe it's being replaced?).
  15. I thought Nokia was Glennsoe?
  16. Becuz he's funny, yo!
  17. I also agree that al should edit the first post to include results but it's his call. canadiandestroyer213 Mecca - The scourge of Moldavia. dx1997 truthiness - dx1997 certainly doesn't get a tip of that hat, but Truthiness gets a wag of the finger. Bruiser_Brody Chazz - I do not want Charles in charge of me. Superjerk edgehead69 - Dandy's explanation of his vote for Superjerk kinda makes me happy I have no idea what he's referencing. MVP - My Victory Pick. Matt Young KingPK jericholic82 - I don't think King should be here any longer than this. dustinbeaverton Razateca - May be inactive, but deserves to be in another round for the activity he did have in 2007. Bix Vanhalen - See above. Battlenuts Enigma - No mystery here. pbone majormayhem1 - more like onedollarchump (I got nothing). EHME/Simon Brigante - Neither has ever voted for me in any tournament except for EHME, who voted me for worst. C-Bacon Kawalimus TaigaStar - After reading Site Feedback, Kawalimus is a great comedy source. UsethesledgehammerUh - Always stirring water up. Marvinisalunatic Cheech Tremendous flairfan I skipped right to the match - Cheech no longer comes out to Strut and that was an important part of the voting process (and I basically stole Kamala's joke). Cena's Healed Pec Illustrious One - I get along with CHP. Downhome - Neither bother me but I still don't know the process for making Downhome a mod. Mole
  18. Yes, I get it, but I'm wondering if it's a legit weather cap or if some jokester got photoshoppy on us.
  19. To be fair WWE sports entertainer's myspace pages are cited as a source for injuries in other publications. But yes, you'd think WWE.com would just report it themselves.
  20. Now that's a real Subway feast. I also like seeing that despite this commercial being from 1989 the interior looks exactly the same way it does now.
  21. Is that legit?
  22. I thought you didn't care about star ratings and workrate?
  23. He actually made a thread to ask who Kawalimuggy was.
  24. They did a combined Mania 1 / 2 theme. WrestleMania XX was in NYC (home of Mania 1, home state of one of Mania 2's locations), 21 was in LA (other Mania 2 location), 22 was in Chicago (Mania 2 location), and 23 was in Detroit (Mania III location). Of course 24 throws it all off.
  25. Yeah, they also played it on a TNT episode (2nd last one before Mania 2, I believe). I have it on DVD - it's an Easter Egg on Hulk Still Rules - but it was still awesome seeing it on 24/7.
×
×
  • Create New...