Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Hmm... I seem to recall that too. Monday and Wednesdays in the 90s, maybe? There was a McD's right across the street from my high school and while I couldn't stand being around that many high school students to go (in grade 9 I felt the crowd there was too old and in OAC I felt the crowd would be too obnoxiously young) I know people that loved the cheap eats.
  2. I don't want to wait for Mania XLIII for it to be in Detroit again. Hooray for repeat cities! XXVI or XXVIII should be in Toronto.
  3. That's the BEST part of Impact? No wonder I watch old wrestling on 24/7 on Thursday nights.
  4. More fun from WWE.com's Industry News. As reported by Lords of Pain on March 4, developmental talents Silas Young and German Figueroa have been released from their contracts. Figueroa, formerly Apolo in TNA, is believed to have been released due to legal problems in Puerto Rico, stemming from failing to turn himself in after no-showing for a court appearance. This resulted in a 30-day jail sentence. The article states that Young’s release seems to have come because of too many wrestlers in Florida’s developmental territory since the talents from OVW arrived. WWE.com reporting speculation of their own releases is gold, Jerry. Gold.
  5. I think it was a coincidence (corporations generally plan marketing strategies in advance, right?), but it was good timing.
  6. It was a Canadian thing. McDonald's had a deal of the day which was dropped around the time Wendy's aired a commercial making fun of daily deals. Burger King then introduced their Daily King Deals (Whopper Wednesday!). Naturally both places used their Friday special for fish.
  7. Something strange just happened here.
  8. Well, at any rate, "onedollarchump" got a laugh out of me.
  9. Damn, I thought you not liking me was part of the character.
  10. Hey Kinetic, it sounds like you added extra words to my spam. Much thanks, sir.
  11. Hello Kinetic. I, DrVenkman PhD, believe that the video file I have watched is excellent. Way to hit another home run during a clutch.
  12. Just talking out of my ass, don't sweat it sports fan.
  13. Student Bodies did air in the US (it was on the Detroit FOX on Saturday mornings) but I don't know if it lasted beyond the first season. As a side note, Showcase has been showing it Saturday and Sunday mornings and the episode where Mags walks around with a miracle bra and considers getting breast implants just aired last week. Good times. Some MORE Can Con: It's Imagination Day! On our way to the Children's Department once again.
  14. I'll wait for WWE.com's Industry News version of the story.
  15. TSMpedia provides no information.
  16. 3 days later, after this settled in, WWE makes it even more unreal by citing TNA's official website to advertise Impact going live. This is awesome. I actually think the most shocking part is when they re-word the articles, they don't replace wrestling with sports entertainment. They do (predictably) replace house show with "live event" though.
  17. DrVenkman PhD canadiandestroyer213 - I already have two votes too many. Mecca - "The back of my tights say "Mecca". I don't even know what Mecca means!" Bob Barron dx1997 - cabbage is ok in General. dx1997 seems a bit aloof. cabbageboy truthiness - Which brings me to tonight's word - Awful. Jericho2000Mark Art Sandusky Bruiser_Brody - coin flip, but what I usuall yassume are dead bodies in his avatar don't help. Otherwise ok. Chazz - Nate added me to AIM for some reason and seems harmless enough. Nate Superjerk - I like Porter. the walkin' dude edgehead69 For awhile I thought edgehead69 and dx1997 were the same person. Cartman Man Who Sold the World MVP - Has a good chance of taking it all. Failed Bridge Matt Young - Can be ok, can be annoying as hell (POTYT, that obnoxious sig picture with the broad, the chick off with RonL in a Raw thread... KingPK Scroby - I don't think it's cool that either one of these guys has to be in this, let alone advance to the second round. I'm be surprised if either makes it to round 3. Random pick as I find abstaining a form of cowardice. Alternate vote - Frog McNeal for his NSFW for work avatar of a naked chick about to commit suicide (that's a gun in her mouth right?) in the Oval Office. Czech Republic jericholic82 - Gets good deals on WWE DVDs at Circuit City. I actually don't think he's bad enough to be the worst, he's not going out of his way to be actively bad, he's just himself... and Czech is Czech. dustinbeaverton - Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan at Mania XXIV? Narcoleptic Jumper Razateca - It sucks that he's not around to ban if he wins, but he really is bad. I will stop voting for him in later rounds though. foleyfanforever88 Bix - Why is Kinetic in this? Kinetic Hawk 34 Vanhalen - see razazteca comment. Battlenuts alfdogg - Nothing against either one but Battlenuts made me laugh recently... though alf did travel back in time. Y2Jerk Enigma - While I have known Enigma via IRC for several years now, he still made me message the then HTQ about deleting his account (which just amounted to a ban) because the WWE folder had become to political for his tastes, then asked me tell HTQ to unban him so he could share local Atlanta news info about Chris Benoit. Technically he should have asked to be rebanned after that whole thing became a fiasco. milliondollarchamp - Not that familiar with him but I'm sure his all lowercase username means he's awful. pbone JNNews majormayhem1 - Not that familiar with him but I'm sure his all lowercase username means he's awful. I can also imagine a world without him. JN News is also hilarious. EHME/Simon Adebisi - PG 13 EHME = ok, but I like Jingus. Jingus Joey Bagadonuts C-Bacon - nothing against Joey / zio. Kawalimus - It got kinda weird around here when I or others would goad him on purpose, ADMIT we were messing around, then see him still justify his stance on his name issue. Giuseppe Zangara TaigaStar Iggymcfly - I don't follow Taiga's exploits enough to know how it is she annoyed everyone so much (though I do know she is annoying). Usethesledgehammeruh - NYU shouldn't be here. NYU TheShooter - Marvin knows what he's doing. By him WANTING to win this, I now don't want him to. Well played, Matthew. MarvinisaLunatic Cheech Tremendous gary floyd - no issues with either but they both ended up here and against each other. Sucks. twiztedmind Flairfan - His theme music was dubbed. MOD/ADMIN BRACKET Vote for One of three Mike treble Cena's Torn Pec Tzar Lysergic - Smues is great, not very familiar with IO, and Tzar absolutely dislikes me for some reason. Smues IllustriousOne Kahran Rasmus Milky Korova Downhome - No reason really, but it seems odd (still) that he's even a mod. alkeiper - The scar on my back still hurts. Mole King Cucaracha (OAOAST mod)
  18. I hear that, Porter.
  19. Good stuff, thanks Bruiser. I didn't understand what he meant by a finish being "booed in many arenas" then I realized that would be referring to closed circuit locations. When he says "the cartoon", does he mean the ACTUAL cartoon (I assume he does) or the style of wrestling that people are realizing is a joke, or is that not clear in the exact context? I also have to call bullshit on Cathy Lee Crosby being prettier than Elizabeth but people are entitled to their opinion.
  20. One just needs to read NYU's campaign thread to know who.
  21. Sadly no "Zardip's Search for Healthy Wellness" intro on youtube.
  22. Already nominated I think, disregard.
  23. cabbageboy got really mad when no one nominated him for the last tournament (something he confided in Black Lushus). Someone should throw him a bone for this one, but not me, we get along.
  24. It's who I know! And MWSTW is from this domain.
×
×
  • Create New...