Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I have reasons to believe there was a recording issue (in terms of the tape's quality today, not 11 years ago) and let's leave it at that. Miscommunication.
  2. Dude that's totally not my fault! Other people ran with it. It also happened in General.
  3. It's gotta suck to require surgery when you're job was supposed to be sitting in an office writing.
  4. *chuckles* That's NOT a question professor! [/Troy McClure] That sounds like a provider issue, I've certainly never encountered it.
  5. They had me sold when I saw the trailer and heard the Ghostbusters theme.
  6. It seems like it was 6 months ago I was bombarded with radio ads for this film. What's the deal?
  7. "If a man pretending to be me could do the job, then logically the real me can do it even better" or something similar. I know a lot of people hate "Grandpa Simpson in: Kidney Trouble" (and Homer really does come off as an ass at the end after they do a fake-out "Homer redeems himself" bit) but there are some awesome lines. "Oooooh! This is everyone's fault but mine" "You've done a wonderful thing! You've greatly reduced your life expectancy to slighty increase someone elses!" (paraphrased - Marge talking to Homer). The whole Taffy Shop thing. "Well, if you look closely, you'll this is actually a Taffy Shop and not a boat", which leads to "Yar. What other ships ye work on?" / "Uhhh... that one. The taffy shop!" / "Yar. Good enough!".
  8. I like the 2002 Rumble but it really does drag, especially the points where intervals are in excess of THREE MINUTES (a rare one or two, but there are about 4 more that are 2.5 - 90 seconds was the norm at this point).
  9. Of course, that's just Dave taking what I assumed was the problem and reporting it as fact, which is pretty awesome.
  10. http://www.wweresearch.com/se.ashx?s=0B8801406EB8CB16 Survey about No Way Out and PPV ordering habits (including whether or not you ordered Against All Odds). Pretty good survey, though what they do with results is another story.
  11. I believe Invader has the scenario correct. As for his real firing, I think it was a minor cost cutting issue until he was brought back as a backstage employee.
  12. Bradshaw sold out to Heyman and Faarooq wasn't down with it, as I recall. Of course he was shoot fired at the same time too.
  13. That picture is even weirder than the Futurama one.
  14. Ok, they confirm in the last segment of Raw that Michaels and Bret were thrown out of the building for "unprofessional conduct". The crowd also chanted "Softball Sid" which got a laugh out of me. After the past 4 episodes (though technical issues prevented me from seeing part the last one), I have to say that in re-watching the Foley / JR interviews, they might very well be some of the best pieces of televised business in the past 10 years.
  15. We both have the same problem, seemingly due to Cogeco, but the rest of what you mentioned is accurate to the schedule. For whatever reason, Cogeco never got the 6/2/97 Raw (which now that I see the Mankind interview was in 4 parts and not 3, I'm not THAT upset over it now... though Austin/HBK vs LOD sounded intriguing). That Raw and the 6/2 Nitro are scheduled to last for two weeks, expiring on the next update. Because next week is a 5 week month, the next FULL MNW update will be 2 weeks from this update - seemingly, they took the chance to just put Raw up this week with some excuse about Nitro with the normal 2 week schedule for both shows resuming on March 4th.
  16. AVGN vs. Virtual Boy... I love it. I didn't even know there was a Waterworld game for VB - how perfect.
  17. Well it is 4 hours of HD PPV. It deserves more HD dollar, I suppose. Of course they don't even offer these in HD here which sucks when they frame the screen for widescreen viewers (this happened numerous times during the Royal Rumble match).
  18. The main event recap seriously has me wondering if they just couldn't figure out to remove Benoit from that scenario. Also, Vince and JR briefly referred to Canadian Stampede as "Canadian Collision". That threw me for a second (because Vince verified that was the name when JR said it), but JR then corrected himself.
  19. Watching Raw, there seems to be quite the smart community around ringside with their signs. "Vince, Don't Ruin Sasuke", "Mr. Perfect - On Nitro June 30", something about Wade Keller, something with Nitro as an acronym about politics, and that's just a sampling. In nice symmetry, the Raw where I notice the most "smart" signs seems to be the debut of on-air talk about politics (HHH talking about 1996). I'm also at the Headbangers vs. Furnas and Lafon match with no sign of Bret Hart AND British Bulldog using his own music and not the Foundation's - is this the show Bret and Shawn had a backstage tussle at?
  20. Recording problems? The shows were replayed the same night, which is how I originally watched it. I call bullshit. Wait, Hogan jobbed to Luger that night. Maybe the tape was destroyed due to Hogan's creative control. They even show clips of the show when Cole goes over what we WOULD have seen. I'm curious if "recording problems" mean "we tried to edit out a bunch of times Benoit was standing around with the Horsemen rednering the tape unwatchable", but probably not. Maybe it's a digital encoding problem?
  21. Cole opens the 6/9/97 Raw by explaining that Nitro had recording problems and thus they do not have it, so that explains that.
  22. New schedule says they aren't alternating, the planned addition of the 6/9/97 Raw is some fluke as no Nitro from that date is being shown. Anyway, yeah, Raw never did arrive here (maybe tonight?) and Cogeco here added zero content to The Movie Network OnDemand today, so unless that's TMN's fault, that doesn't bode well for my week 4 24/7 update.
  23. Dustin Beaverton. That is all.
  24. As soon as I saw this thread title on the main forum page, I knew it was a Dustin Beaverton original.
  25. Well... they DID have a Bronco chase.
×
×
  • Create New...