Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I don't know, TNA seems to have avoided being dead despite a lack of PPV buys. WWE also has a lot of money on reserve, essentially stopping them from going out of business anytime this or the next decade, I believe. That said, I get what you're trying to say and it is correct.
  2. I assume it's the Paul / Ginger rumours. I assume you all assumed that too and were making a humorous "sociopath at a keyboard? That could be anyone!" observation, so I apologize in advance for answering a joke (a good one too). Also, are we still running with this being Fake Kotz since real Kotz is gone, or did I miss something?
  3. I was under the impression that with all the shows budget cuts and so-so episodes and storylines from the last season, people weren't really buzzed about a new season of 24 anyway, but I thought the same thing about LOST too. Just internet reverse-hype?
  4. I don't see why they couldn't just resume production - perhaps with a FEW less episodes than ordered - and get just run without a repeat until the end of June or beyond, maybe delay the start of the next season until October to give people a break (although you'd think THIS would be their "summer break" now). However, I'm referring to sitcoms like you'd see on CBS's Monday line-up (if I'm remembering my Seinfeld "Notes About Nothing" correctly, it takes 2 months or less to film, edit, and finalize these shows) - something like Heroes would take significantly longer with post production and may be better off to put on hold until September (I don't watch the show - did they manage to resolve enough of the season with the last aired episode or would fans REALLY want to see this back on track in a hurry?). I'm wondering if we'll get a bunch of strike meta jokes, like we find out the Office hasn't been on in months because of a Dunder Mifflin strike (which actually has some potential to be good...)
  5. I'm pro glasses.
  6. I was worried only getting half of the MNW episode would be a problem once they split them up (a move I still think is great). Hopefully they can fix this.
  7. I don't care for that idea at all but have no adequate reason for hating it. It would be like if SummerSlam were in July... it's not right. Last year's event was "good" because it just existed with a WrestleMania opponents as tag partners main event (and had Lashley defending the ECW title against Mr. Kennedy for reasons I don't recall) with nothing at all on the line for Mania since the title matches were locked in. Of course, this made it a true filler show and I think the buys showed the lack of interest, IIRC. So, WWE's options are go a month without a PPV (which probably "looks bad" to them on paper), do an uninteresting PPV that is a stop on the Road to WrestleMania where nothing exciting, storyline changing, or interesting can happen because Mania's top matches are locked and as a result no one watches it, or a show that makes the company money but kinda spits in the face of the Rumble and lessens the build time to Mania. It's really in a bad position either way but from a corporate standpoint, option #3 (the option they've chosen to not only go with, but RUN with this year) is the most sound one.
  8. Hogan vs. Muraco in week 1 is supposed to be a cage match, a tag match in week 3.
  9. No, just a regular ol house show match.
  10. Just doing some research on next months house shows (since we have no dates yet), there are three different MSG shows in 1986 that featured Tito vs. Savage for the IC title. I'm hoping it's the March 86 show because there's a Bull Nakano match on the card, but the April one sounds like it's a better Savage/Tito match (19 minute No DQ bout). There's also two Houston, TX cards with Hogan vs. DiBiase - both feature the commentary team of Bruce Pritchard, Mike McGuirk, and Pete Doherty - so it's tough to figure out which card we'll see without a date. The December one has Hart Foundation vs. Strike Force though, so I'm hoping it's that one.
  11. At the risk of sounding unpopular, I am agreeing with Bruiser on this one. I enjoyed the match, but maybe years of hype made me expect more.
  12. The Ladder Match thing is right, but yeah, the Hogan / Muraco tag match is supposed to be in the next HOF update (week 3). It should be a cage match right now.
  13. Yeah, that was confirmed somewhere as a perception issue. Same terrible thing.
  14. Someone made it for him (Desdemona or something).
  15. I agree - throwing out Hogan as an answer to your rhetorical question was basically me saying "who does Lashley think he is?".
  16. Hulk Hogan.
  17. I updated the schedule with details on the first post. A weird thing I noticed was I still have TNT from last week and Primetime is listed as lasting 2 weeks as well.
  18. I see they've gone back to showing the poll results for the current PYBO race. They did this way back in September 06 when this deal started and then stopped immediately in October, I believe. At that time, it looked like a Starrcade they had on the poll was way in the lead to win and then all of the sudden The Wrestling Classic received a bunch of votes and won.
  19. It can't be Luger or Nash.
  20. I know logic and wrestling often don't go hand in hand, but why would they use "We can't give Jeff a token title run because it will hurt the belt's legacy leading up to Mania" as one reason to not give Hardy the belt, then turn around and change it twice within 6 weeks at two PPVs in a row?
  21. According to Ken Keeler the episode is some master plan to show how small minded the internet (at the time a "small community of fans", much like Springfield is a small community) can be in regards to a slight change in someone you've known for years, and it worked. That's what I took out of his DVD commentary, anyway. Wikipedia says...
  22. ... and will probably have multiple stops and plan changes. No Way Out is also being built up a lot more than usual, but will that translate into buys from people who just bought the Rumble and plan on spending even more money on Mania?
  23. Well, there is a UFC logo in the poll heading... as well as a graphic on the side of the page that says the fight, date, and time. Wasn't there when I posted my message. But yeah, it's there now. The UFC/Brock ads are all over. This is how I see it: Even if I hit the Firefox->IE button, all I see are ads for Ultimate Bet Poker.
  24. They did show WMXV last year I think. Yeah, a special edition of III along with V and XV. So weird how they pick them. I watched Clash tonight, what a sensational show. The two tag title matches are both great.
×
×
  • Create New...