Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. The context implies that HHH approved of the idea; that is to say, agrees it could be a good move. He's an influential guy, after all.
  2. I don't know why I'm further contributing to this when my end point is to discontinue this thread, but it's a vicious circle. Leena retired. Let it be. Don't be children about it; no need for "funerals" or threads about her. No need to say "OMG she's officially gone". If she decides to enlighten forums.thesmartmarks.com with her posts again, then she will. If she stays away, then she stays away. There's no need to draw attention to either.
  3. I thought that Old Christine show was considered sucessful?
  4. Yes, we discussed it (briefly) in the Spider-Man 3 thread and possibly 2 years ago in the SW thread (in regards to ROTS). I was joking, although it is kind of a fine line with 24/7 because a lot of it is new to some people (despite being years old). It's like about a year and a half ago, someone posted a J-Cup (forget the year, maybe 94?) tournament on PWT. Someone I was talking to refused to download it because the poster gave out the full tournament bracket and thus "had no reason to watch it", which I thought was kind of bull but I understood his point.
  5. I couldn't remember if this thread was about Vanhalen being mad at people who wear a derby beaing cheaters or Marvin finding the image of Jeff Gordon plastered on a bottle of coke. Not important either way, I suppose.
  6. Spoiler alert! But yes.
  7. How long until someone bans this guy and edits his ad to say "I'm a stupid tool" or something to that affect?
  8. I almost get the impression the reason I have nothing against G4 is because I never saw the old version (plus we still have Leo Laporte, EP, and Reviews on the Run on the Canadian version). I find AOTS enjoyable enough as well but I couldn't watch it every day. Although I'd like to assume someone wrote this for her, Olivia referred to Double Dragon for XBLA as an graphically enhanced version of the classic NES game. Yeah.
  9. I'm looking forward to watching the Rumble again, I remember Cena/Umaga being a great brawl, and I still haven't picked up the Rumble Anthology.
  10. It is gone.
  11. Inside joke.
  12. You're not a Stonecutter yet, TS. Also, I agree 100% with WWM's assessment on videos in the last post.
  13. I would have thought the Helicopter scene was the greatest thing ever if I hadn't just seen it last month in Grindhouse. That's no one's fault, though. The group I saw it with last night had mixed opinions but overall I liked it.
  14. Flip side: It could be to make the video quality better, so that's a good thing. In fact I think splitting the shows into two parts once Raw becomes 2 hours (and especially when Nitro becomes 3) would be a great move and would avoid pixelation when they start putting shows that are 3.5 hours long up.
  15. Vengeance is the best PPV of 2003 so it's cool that it's on, I just already own it. I also don't understand the 2 part split up (well, I do... I guess it's so people can split viewing if they want AND go more than 24 hours before watching the rest, otherwise they could just stop watching and resume later) and, combined with the totally random fast-forward during WWC, I'm slightly concerned things are going to be edited for time (which they have all of anyway) in the future.
  16. I also have Vengeance (which I mentioned at the beginning of the month would be on) so I assume spman made a typo. The 6 man tag from ECW Barley Legal seems like an odd choice to spotlight Latino Legends, but it's an awesome match. I watched the 6 man match from Nitro in Shorties (involving La Parka) and there was a line in commentary that got a good laugh out of me. When Hector Garza does a big dive, Larry says "Who does that guy think he is, Captain Planet?". I know it's a Turner cross-promotion deal, but any CP reference is ok with me.
  17. It sounded more like speculation. The story was actually about HHH wanting to be a heel when he comes back but threw in a passing mention of Raw's main event scene... I think. I'm going to be honest, after you read 3 Observers in 3 days the news blends.
  18. That seems like a dick move by Long, inviting Vickie to the taping then telling her the interview is next week.
  19. The Observer said something about a monster main event scene on Raw with Umaga, Khali, and Snitsky. I don't recall it mentioning Cena, though; it implied they would be there for HHH to beat before turning heel again.
  20. Bah, I was close with my guess about Razor. I was THINKING it might be a Coliseum Video and not a match in Shorties. Guessed wrong, though. At least next month is 2003 free (from a PYBO perspective, anyway).
  21. A friend of mine was desperatley trying to win a DS Lite from this machine (it's called Stackem) from Highway service centres last weekend. The timing for the top block gets wonky and when he thought he had it worked out, he'd screw up and lose early.
  22. Happy Birthday, fellow NewsRadio fan. If Tuxedo Mask were here, I'm sure he'd say something about letting the moon shine brightly to illuminate the joy of celebrating your birth and to let said light ward off any evil that may try to manifest itself in your good tidings.
  23. "G4techTV is a digital lifestyle channel for the e-generation. Technology is pervasive. It touches us all. No longer is it for geeks, nerds and techies! If it bleeps, blinks, scans or prints we cover it. G4techTV is the first service in Canada to realize the promise of the digital age."
  24. I've heard the NG screen cited as influencing the Final Fight one.
×
×
  • Create New...