Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I've said it before but Ninja Gaiden's greatest contribution to video games is the arcade version's game over screen (descending spinning saw blade).
  2. 5 more shorties (and I have suspicion to believe one of them will involve "Latino Legend" Razor Ramon's ladder match from Mania X). 3 more Pedro Morales matches. New Monday Night War (still mad I never got the last one, though it sounded like it wasn't very good). Royal Rumble 2007 Judgment Day 2003 NWA TNT
  3. I like Vampiro selling her chokeslamming the fat guy by falling over.
  4. I guess that ends the talk of Guido/Vito becoming a heel tag team to feud with The Majors and Richards/Random jobber for the ECW tag titles (current WON note). Shannon Moore should probably avoid answering the phone.
  5. Oh, I thought you were being an antagonist again. "Dude are you being sarcastic?" "I don't even know anymore"
  6. They showed some great action from Custer's Revenge, too. Damn that show for being American! If it was made in Canada for Canadian cable they wouldn't need to mosaic that pixel action.
  7. They talked about a series of games from Japan called "Big Woman" (I think). It was about a giant woman who you could only stop by shooting her breasts and other bodily areas. There was also a game called about a Swim Meet with leg spreading minigames. Japan is pretty weird.
  8. Though it sounds like you're making a sarcastic point, yes, this is basically the point I was trying to get across to 90 posts.
  9. What irks me about the movie is that I no longer can talk about Street Fighter's plot with my friends anymore, because I have one friend who I honestly probably never played a Street Fighter game before, but seen every anime, and keeps bringing up plot points of all the anime like they're canon. If I hear him talk about Akuma and his relationship to Ryu one more time, I'll scream! Does the plot of Street Fighter really come up that often with your buddies? Yes.
  10. You have it because Rogers cable has it as part of a basic digital cable subscription (based on something I read on zannen.ca). The episode of X-Play I watched was about the "SeXXXiest Moments in Video Games". I don't think anything was reviewed. There was an episode from February on after that with a substitute host (forget her name, was also hotter than Morgan) that actually reviewed stuff though. AOTS seemed interesting enough though.
  11. The opening statement makes it sound like the notice is for people BBQing while standing still or "stopped".
  12. The blurb for the channel on Cogeco's website (or somewhere I read) specifically goes out of their way to say "no longer for geeks". I ordered it anyway because I missed watching EP and Reviews on the Run (which were removed from Space due to a contract issue with Rogers vs. CHUM I wasn't aware of). I watched some Lupin, too.
  13. Toads has some haters, too. You're also simplifying what I said, which was also a vague generalization of why Ninja Gaiden is held in high regards. A game being difficult does not make it good. A game being good makes it good. A game being difficult because it's a challenge that can be overcome is good. A game being difficult because of broken mechanics makes it bad. Granted, I haven't played NG in awhile and I'm pretty sure there is some BS difficulty in there (hawks that swoop out of nowhere knocking you into a pit of death come to mind).
  14. Fair enough. I'm also basing my judgment off of exactly one watched episode - maybe it was a bad day? But yeah, I figure it's a "hey someone playing video games that's not terrible looking! SUPER HOT". Sure, that works well in real life, but our TV celebrities should be held to much higher standards of attractiveness.
  15. Ninja Gaiden had killer (for the 80s) cinema cutscenes, awesome music, and steep difficulty. It's classic.
  16. Yeah I was watching them play it on AOTS last night, it was a bit underwhelming. Dan Shu from EGM made a note that it allegedly looks "much better" in single player when it's not processing so much for online play. Someone else said being a beta, they could up the look later. They noted on the show how people expecting Gears of War graphics were probably going to be let down.
  17. I was trying to think of the most appropriate place on the forum to vent this thought and decided to do so here (because this place rocks). For years I hear Morgan Webb this and Morgan Webb that. I never X-Play in Canada so I had no idea who this was. I had seen a few pictures and thought "not bad" but didn't understand the hype. So, fast forward to yesterday, where, now having digital cable, I decided to add some extra channels to my service (G4 TechTV Canada being one of them). I flip between Raw and "Attack of the Show", hosted by Olivia Munn, and then see an X-Play episode with Morgan. The point here - how the hell can Morgan be getting so much hype as the "video game show hottie" when 1. She didn't look good at all in this particular episode 2. Olivia Munn from AOTS was SO. MUCH. HOTTER. Just something I was wondering after finally watching the network.
  18. No love for Edge shooting on Khali?
  19. Guy would be on his 3rd World Championship reign if this were 20 years ago. Thank You My Laugh for the day I think the most recent Observer had Dave use the line "Cade, looking like he just came back from time off for multiple serious injuries".
  20. Yes, the Observer says they told Roma that Anderson and Flair were critical of him.
  21. Is Caveman a comedy or a race relations drama? I guess "Dinosaurs" pulled being a comedic stone age family with social commentary off ok, but this sounds terrible.
  22. I started laughing so much at this I was expecting my boss from the next office over to come in and ask what was going on. Well played, sir.
  23. It would only be worth having it was a classy tribute and I don't think you children are capable of that. Maybe she'll come back - Marvin came back, Czech came back, I came back (though I admitted it was hiatus), etc.
  24. I spent yesterday finding threads I didn't like and saying "Serious business!" then hijacked a page of a thread to ask WWM to chat with me on MSN. Nothing! I guess my new Xtreme attitude isn't drawing.
×
×
  • Create New...