DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
You should but my programming just got wiped the f out at 12am last night. That was weird, although funny enough the two Shorties you mentioned are the two things that stayed around (as well a the ECW show since it doesn't expire until next week).
-
Every Wednesday (Tuesday at 12am if you're lucky). Thanks.
-
Easy cheap joke: Hasn't that already happened? Carry on.
-
Wow, I never really thought of it like that before. You've shed light on a lot of subjects while keeping me entertained at work. Thanks, Shinj.
-
I thought he started picking up his game in his Kane feud and much more so with Benoit. Wonder if MVP being Benoit's project is why he wasn't moved to Raw.
-
This is Serious Business!
-
Serious business!
-
Thread for those over the age of 25.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Giuseppe Zangara's topic in No Holds Barred
This is real talk right here. Serious business. -
Yes, I realized I misread after, it was a bit ewmbarassing... GQ, play me off! *dances to vaudville piano music*
-
Shinj you need to get back on MSN. I'm at work for 2 more hours and bored.
-
I don't know what that means but, in a thread unrelated to anything in the darkest corners of the forum, you were called "Canadian Antagonist World's Worst Man". The convo was about how, if someone with apostrophe-s in their handle is quotes, it will just say "World". Also, I just misread what you said (though I assume the Ninja Gaiden comment was towards you since you called all the VC titles and pricing insane).
-
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/ma...tdiearies051407 They're actually pushing the idea of Matt vs Edge on WWE.com, which more than the "do nothing with previous history" route I thought they would take.
-
I thought it was the 2600 version of Donkey Kong. Checking it on wiki: "The sound effects from Pac-Man on the 2600 are often used as stock sound effects in film and television to illustrate a game being played in the background of a scene, even if the game being shown is a different one on the Atari 2600 or even a different game console or arcade game"
-
WWM is the Canadian Atagonist (as Slayer called him) so it's ok.
-
Heh, I actually forgot he was champion. I don't mean that in the way that people post "duh, there is a PPV tonight? LOLZ I KNEW THERE WAs BUT DON'T CARE!" but I mean I was really picturing Gregory Helms as being a title defender at this thing. Part of that is probably because I was doing title matches in SvR 07 (where he is still champ).
-
Trivia note: The 2600 version of Pac-Man is where TV shows get their "stock video game sound effects" noises from.
-
Kinds like how Shrek works for McDonalds instead of BK now, eh?
-
I wanted to say something like "Here's a sarcasm detector" but I guess I wasn't being that sarcastic with the original Backlash comment. Maybe a bit facetious, but not sarcastic. But yeah, I got the difference the first time, I just wanted to point the Backlash thing out. A TV special with 9 title bouts would be interesting but maybe a bit much.
-
Well Edge would be a good Fantasy choice thi.... oh f***, they cancelled that, didn't they? WWE Fantasy actually made you hope there would be a Masterlock Challenge or that they would cut to commercial during someone's ring entrance (double appearance points!). Those days will be missed.
-
I would probably pay $5 for an arcade perfect version of Pac-Man, but if memory serves this is not an arcade perfect version. It's no 2600 version, but still bad... I think. Truth be told I only played the Gameboy version (which had the maze scroll up and down).
-
Shows Worthy of Cancellation
DrVenkman PhD replied to milliondollarchamp's topic in Television & Film
Sometimes a show being cancelled can make room for a show that is on the bubble to be renewed. Don't knock Charlie Sheen. -
Yeah I believe someone asked if Backlash being an all title PPV was a first in a thread while I was away. My answer would have been "Yes, the cloest they came previously was 7 title matches out of an 8 match card at Unforgiven 2001". I like the loose brand split. There are reaons (main one being touring) they can't end it and I like the idea guys being members of a roster but being allowed to show up wherever. Some say it defeats the purpose, and for TV reasons they have a point, but since it exists for seperate house show tours the purpose is not fully defeated. The one thing they NEED to do (and I doubt they will) is get rid of a world title, though. With tri-brand PPVs and such, it would be easier for there to just be one world champion, but to set up seperate main feuds for said PPVs (and the touring thing again), they need at least two. ECW and SmackDown do the same tour and tapings and should probably merge their world titles (now that Vince got to be a ECW champion) to stop diluting the "world" title scene, but again I don't see that happening. Even scrapping the ECW world title and replacing it with the ECW TV title would be a step in the right direction.
-
Wasn't Backlash a Night of Champions?
-
I read in a recent Observer (don't know which one, I get them all several days late and then usually read them one day after that, and one week had two) that Vince ideally wants TV to be 90 minutes, not 2 hours, but no network will change their block to accommodate that. Thoughts?
-
There was mass exodus at the SD taping I went to in July (and ECW was only 6-7 weeks old at this point). I think the main event that week was Batista vs Kane.