DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
So is there also supposed to be a new Legends show, then? That would be another thing I'm missing then, making the total 3 programs (and the Legends bucket would be quite full). This is what I have now: TV Classics: Last week's ECW, new TNT, CWF, and NWA. Waiting for MNW. Big Ones: NYR, WWC. Waiting for the LA show. Shorties: 5 matches, so I know that's complete. Legends: Morales profile, 3 Morales matches, Eddie Tribute, and the Stone Cold thing is still there. I watched Tiger Mask vs Jose Estrada before going out last night, that was pretty cool. I also forgot that Mania XIX was the MArch PYBO, meaning the PYBO has "coincidentally" been THREE sequenced PPVs in a row as of this month's Judgment Day 2003.
-
I think we had a similar spoiler tag discussion for Episode III, and I agree. The co-worker I was talking to really wants to see the Maximum Carnage storyline translated to film which is why he watned Venom to make it out of the film alive, heh.
-
I had to break the news about how Venom was handled to a co-worker of mine, he was not happy. He told me I could give him full details, so I did. The more I reflect, I really do think I enjoyed the movie. I just could have enjoyed it... more. Since it was a midnight showing and some of our friends couldn't go with us, we might go again with some other people on Tuesday night. I'm just not as excited at that prospect as I was 5 and 3 years ago.
-
"No one dresses like that" *pan to Angela*
-
Good movie. Not Spider-Man 2 good, but out of context an enjoyable film. As anyone could expect, a bit too much going on that could have worked better as separate stories but this was not an X-Men 3 by any means (by that, I mean a a huge let down after the second movie outdoes the first). Topher's Eddie Brock is a great asshole. In the context of all the hype and past movies, it has some problems though: So, if you can get past that, it's pretty enjoyable. If the above sounds too annoying to handle, lower your bar of expectations. The good: .
-
It's not the peon employee's fault, who's making minimum wage. I understand that, but if they get annoyed enough then they can ask their supervisor why they don't have a "sold out" sign and so on until the chain of command gets to where it needs to be for someone to make a decision that isn't stupid. Just wishful thinking, I guess.
-
Came home to NYR and When World's Collide being added, so I think I got everything except the LA house show and MNW.
-
While I agree that 50 posts should know his place and bow to your wisdom, GQ (high five on the killer burns, my friend), from what I understand his comment about Motor Storm being a PS3 tech racing demo is not totally far off. And come on now Shinj, Super Paper Mario (from what my Wii owning friends tell me) is awesome. Zelda, Super Paper, and Wii Sports parties seem like good enough reasons to own one and Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. should be killer. Nintendo always provides that great first-party software that makes up for their limited 3rd party offerings.
-
We had a grand ol time playing Wii Sports at a moving out party on Sunday.
-
Stores insisting on putting Wii display boxes with price tags out is a huge annoyance. They deserved to be asked by everyone who enters how many they have in stock.
-
It got switched to June in 2005. It used to be Bad Blood (Raw) in June and Vengeance (SmackDown) in July. In 2004 SmackDown got the GAB in July so Vengeance became Raw's July PPV after the Bash (I think...). In 2005 and onward, June had two PPVs (the former Bad Blood becoming an ECW show, Vengeance moving to June for Raw since SmackDown had May, and the GAB in July).
-
I know the spot is originally from HBK/Benjamin, but I know it happened to Rey and people cried foul for some reason (something about Shawn getting his win back). It either happened on a future Raw to build to Survivor Series or Survivor Series itself. What do you mean about the random skipping? Did a "WWE 24/7 Fast Forward" logo appear or is something missing? That usually happens to cover music problems they don't feel like overdubbing but I don't see how that would be an issue in the mentioned scenario.
-
People Who Shouldn't Post Anymore: May 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Art Sandusky's topic in No Holds Barred
Lately I gathered that he seems to be the kind of poster that says a lot of dumb or unmemorable things just for the sake of being a parody of a bad poster, because when it comes to discussing old school NWA or something he's a different poster. That doesn't change the fact that to do the above, being a parody of being awful is usually awful, or that he has had huge signatures, or kept pimping A Christmas Story being on TBS well into March, or that really bad post about Chris Sabin, an alien image, Sharmell, and hailing King Booker. -
This is the concern of most people I know and spman's comments about plot holes, flat characters, and story problems pretty much cemented that the concern was a valid one, but I'll judge that myself tonight. However, since I had all these concerns anyway, I'll go and enjoy some superhero special effects and Venom.
-
Al do you have the power to merge that Problems thread into this and possibly change the thread subtitle to "OAO Discussion Thread" or what have you? That might not be a bad idea. Going back to what I said about the mysteriousness of there being images of the WMX ladder match on the 24/7 site, the preview show did show Razor Ramon while talking about the Latino Legends theme, so I guess he counts. This seems like a really good month for Shorties - I watched Crazy vs El Mosco and the Guerreros AWA match, both were good. The senton / roll / dive through the ropes chain combo that Hector did was crazy. I'll watch the Tiger Mask match later. I know Rey/Psicosis is good (but I just watched it on the ECW show) and Juvi/Blitzkreig is good too.
-
People Who Shouldn't Post Anymore: May 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Art Sandusky's topic in No Holds Barred
I learned yesterday that razazteca is actually "Raza Azteca", from the back of Super Crazy's ECW garb. Learning how to proper his otherwise odd looking name doesn't help hium any though. -
spman's review is the kind of stuff I feared about the movie, but I know I'm going to like it anyway (read the "Movies You Like That Other Hate" thread - I like Batman Forever for crying out glaven). spman and I seem to disagree on movies (and wrestling) quality often anyway - he thought Superman Returns was good, I thought it was the most boring 2.5 hours I spent in a movie theatre all year. I think I'm slightly insane to get up for work at 8 and go to a midnight showing tonight, but at least work gave me the flex time to not come in until 11 tomorrow morning. Should be fun.
-
My theory is all the episodes that Greg Gagne taped as a host before he was fired aired, and for some reason they need a host to air a show, despite the fact this doesn't apply to NWA. By late last night, I had CWF, NWA, and TNT in TV Classics and the Eddie Raw appeared in Legends, so I THINK I have everything except MNW and anything in Big Ones. The Eddie Tribute was difficult to re-watch at times but I forgot how good the Angle/Benjamin match (with that crazy spot near the end) was. In my memory, I recalled HBK vs Rey as having some wacky selling by HBK and him winning by superkicking Rey as he did a springboard move. Not sure what I was remembering there since Michaels' selling seemed mostly normal here and he lost. Preview show said Vengeance 2003 will be airing this month. I have it on DVD, but if anyone doesn't, it's an awesome show.
-
Well the streak of programs I find missing in the morning before work being available when I get home is over. They added all Shorties and the Morales matches (don't know if anything else should have been there) but NOTHING is in Big Ones or Classic TV, which sucks because that's what I want to watch. Oh, no, they put the latest CWF episode in the TV section. It would seem things are slowly moving along, but man I hope this stuff is in by Friday (I don't care tomorrow since I'll barely be home - work + NBC Comedy + Spider-Man).
-
People Who Shouldn't Post Anymore: May 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Art Sandusky's topic in No Holds Barred
Is that from the DVDR forums? -
I understand that it's a used system (and also that 30 x $25 = $750), but the idea is to sell it to someone who wants to use it for playing video games, not consider it an investment property that has suffered from depreciation. It's not like you can buy it for less than that used at the local EB. The $700 price point was something he took out of an ad in the paper for a system with no games. This is all moot anyway, the sublte point of my original post was basically to say "lol, someone just bought a PS3 and wants to sell it but it's not a big eBay seller because they're available everywhere".
-
Smackdown spoilers from Birmingham, Ala.
DrVenkman PhD replied to The Tino Standard's topic in The WWE Folder
Matt Hardy always beats Kennedy, a future main eventer, but jobs to everyone else. That's kinda funny. -
24/7 Online looks pretty interesting this month. They seem to be adding interviews and such to the matches. I think some of those Austin matches are repeats (MillenniumMan can confirm this) but some of the other stuff looks good. I just wish that: A. The streaming looked better B. They wouldn't deny my subscription for no apparent reason.
-
The Batman movies. Batman seems to be the movie I remember everyone loved in the 80s / early 90s and was always used as a baraometer to point out why the future installments weren't good, but I have a lot of friends that hate it for "poor writing and a bad characterization of Batman". I think I like Batman Returns even more than Batman. The dark mood that a lot of people (critics, parents) didn't like is the reason I like it. I loved Batman Forever when it was first released and still like it now. I think Kilmer is a good Bruce Wayne and while serious superhero movies are nice, I think this movie did a good job of walking the line between colorful comic book (I loved the neons and greens) and being a decent superhero film. Some sillyness but it seemed to help, not hinder, the movie. I also like Elliot Goldenthal's score (yeah, Elfman is king and all, but this was a nice change). Batman and Robin is horrible yet I've seen it MULTIPLE times. To me, it's a movie like the second the Mortal Kombat film: stupid and full of needless special effects, yet somehow watchable, perhaps in a trainwreck sort of way. It helps that I'm a mark for stories that involve people upgrading their outfits (Batman Forever also does this, though - as Chris O'Donnel pointed out on the B&R DVD, there was no storyline reason to do so in this movie, they just did).