TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

When did people start using the DDT in the WWF as a transition move? Right after Jake left? Did they do it because Vince wanted to make Jake's move not so deadly?

The Rock was the first person in WWF that I really remember using the move as a transition on a regular basis, and that was circa 96/97. I then remember it spreading to HHH and some others around 98 or so.

The first time i saw it used as a transition move was at Survivor Series 93 in the SMW Tag match.

Yeah, but I'm not sure how regularly they used the move. Rock would be busting out one or two DDTs a match on occasion.

When did people start using the DDT in the WWF as a transition move? Right after Jake left? Did they do it because Vince wanted to make Jake's move not so deadly?

The Rock was the first person in WWF that I really remember using the move as a transition on a regular basis, and that was circa 96/97. I then remember it spreading to HHH and some others around 98 or so.

The first time i saw it used as a transition move was at Survivor Series 93 in the SMW Tag match.

I think Tatanka uses it as WM9 against HBK...if not then, there are some DDTs in a video I have with matches from 4/93. Just wondering who did it first. :)

I was watching an old Superstars episode from 2/93 I got off Kazaa tonight and saw a Doink the Clown versus a Jobber match. Doink comes to the ring with a green balloon that's shaped like a penis, and then after he wins the match with the stump puller he sticks it in his opponent's face before handing it to him! Did Doink usually do stuff like this? The announcers didn't mention the balloon, but the show _was_ airing on Saturday morning!

How did Barbara Bush debut and what was her last appearance?

What was the reason for Eddie's heel turn in 97?

How did Barbara Bush debut and what was her last appearance?

She just happened to be a busty "EMT" who'd pop in in the second half of 1999 who obviously attracted attetntion. I believe her last appearance came after RR2000 when the Dudleyz put her through a table on SD.

It must have been one w/ Dusty announcing.

Yes, it was. I THINK it was one of those "biker" PPVs (Hog/Road Wild) that it happened, but not sure.

I just liked the term for some reason.

Who was the referee that Jericho faced in that match with an arm tied behind his back (in WCW) when he was still a face?

I'm pretty sure it was Nick Patrick.

Souled Out '97, if I recall.

Jericho wrestle Patrick at World War 3 in 1996.

"Sea of Heads" was a Dusty-ism from Hog Wild 1996.

I don't remember a particuar reason for Eddie's turn. He just went rudo and started gunning for the CW title.

It was World War III in 96' says the PWI Almanac.

Oh, my bad.

I love the PWI Almanacs..I read every one religiously, up to 2002. Never found the frigging 2003 Almanac, I was so pissed.

What was the reason for Eddie's heel turn in 97?

He lost the US Title to Dean Malenko at Uncensored 97 because of Syxx and his video camera, his heel turn was stopped when he was injured just before Spring Stampede 97 and after taking a few months off he came back a heel and was alligned with Debra and Jeff Jarrett for a short time.He even had a mini feud with Chavo and Hector Guerrero which ended with Eddie winning a match against Chavo on Nitro.His feud with Malenko was dropped although they did fight at Starrcade 97.

Here's a question: You know in the Thrillseekers/Heavenly Bodies tag match where Jericho bled like a pig and had a broken arm? What was that bladejob on the Muta scale?

I would say a 1.0 or you could say 1.1....depends.

How did Sgt. Slaughter turn face after being the Iraqi sympthazier? And has anybody ever kicked out of Goldberg's Jackhammer?

Guest wayzing
How did Sgt. Slaughter turn face after being the Iraqi sympthazier?

After being absent for some time he was tracked down by Mean Gene Okerlund who found him at camp where Slaughter talked about how he turned his back on everything he had believed in and that he asked for forgiveness.

Eventually he was welcomed back by the flag waving professor Duggan who gave him his stamp of approval. Can't argue with that :P

Hogan kicked out of the Jackhammer on the 4/5/99 ep of Nitro, but that was only because Nash was late in making the save.

Hogan kicked out of the Jackhammer on the 4/5/99 ep of Nitro, but that was only because Nash was late in making the save.

conspiracy.

After being absent for some time he was tracked down by Mean Gene Okerlund who found him at camp where Slaughter talked about how he turned his back on everything he had believed in and that he asked for forgiveness.

Eventually he was welcomed back by the flag waving professor Duggan who gave him his stamp of approval. Can't argue with that :P

Wasnt Duggan a draft-dodger?

Guest Astro

Wasnt Duggan a draft-dodger?

Duggan played college and NFL Football before wrestling in the late 70's-

Guest wayzing

conspiracy.

I was thinking the same thing. And where do you think Hogan got the idea from? :P

Here's a few questions.

1. Was a reason ever given for Ted Dibiase not wearing the Million Dollar Belt after Royal Rumble 92?

2. Did they explain Sgt. Slaughter becoming an official of sorts in 1992?

3. When did Mr. Perfect become the Executive Consultant for Ric Flair and did he give a kayfabe reason for not wrestling?

4. Did Sherri ever say why she pretended to be knocked out at Summerslam 92?

5. Why wasn't Rick Martel involved at Summerslam or Survivor Series in 91? was he injured or was it just a case of no room for him on the card?

6. Did Waylon Mercy get any high profile wins in the WWF? the only match I remember is him squashing Doink

7. What was the reason given for Slick being off tv for about a year until his face turn?

8. When did the Million Dollar Corporation start and who were the first member/s? I'm not including "The Undertaker" BTW

9. How did Owen Hart debut in 91?

Edited by deancoles411

Guest ToddRoyal
2. Did they explain Sgt. Slaughter becoming an official of sorts?

IIRC, he was announced they hyped a new President being announced on the first episode of "Raw is War", and that turned out to be Sarge.

2. Did they explain Sgt. Slaughter becoming an official of sorts?

IIRC, he was announced they hyped a new President being announced on the first episode of "Raw is War", and that turned out to be Sarge.

I was on about the time in 92 where he reversed a few decisions on prime Time Wrestling and told the Referees to use more Authority.

6. Did Waylon Mercy get any high profile wins in the WWF?

Well, he did beat Diesel by countout courtesy of the British Bulldog

I marked out for that. :D

1. Was a reason ever given for Ted Dibiase not wearing the Million Dollar Belt after Royal Rumble 92?

Not that I can recall, but he and IRS won the tag titles shortly after the Rumble, and I always assumed that was the reason.

2. Did they explain Sgt. Slaughter becoming an official of sorts in 1992?

I've got an old WWF magazine lying around somewhere with an article on this. Maybe I'll dig it up if I'm not too lazy. From what I can remember from my head, the heels were beginning to get out of control (this was around the time that Flair won his second title with the help of Perfect) and Slaughter was made an official in order to maintain order.

4. Did Sherri ever say why she pretended to be knocked out at Summerslam 92?

Never saw the match, but according to WWF magazine, she was overwhelmed by both men and fainted.

8. When did the Million Dollar Corporation start and who were the first member/s? I'm not including "The Undertaker" BTW

It started in spring 94 when Ted Dibiase bought Nikolai Volkoff. He had returned to the WWF after being down on his luck, and joined up with Ted because he needed the money. He was forced to wear a "Property of the Million Dollar Man" shirt and everything. They teased a face turn for a few months, but over time, they added guys like IRS and Tatanka to the group, and the whole storyline was basically forgotton.

9. How did Owen Hart debut in 91?

Jim Neidhart had a match with Ric Flair on Superstars or Wrestling Challenge. Flair beat him with the Figure Four and injured his knee in the process. While he was being helped from the ring, the Beverly Brothers were headed out to ringside, and for whatever reason, they decided to attack Neidhart, injuring his knee further. The injury put Neidhart out of action (he was scheduled to wrestle at the Survivor Series), and he wanted revenge against the Beverlys, so he brought in Owen Hart in order to even things up.