TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

I think its cause Miss Kitty was with Jeff Jarrett and after he left the WWE they didnt have anything else for her to do so they stuck her with Chyna, but thats just a guess.

When she and Chyna first got together, they insinuated that Miss Kitty had some kinda attachment to the I-C Belt (like, she'll follow around whomever has the title). Other than that, I think they were trying to play up the Chyna/Xena similarities by giving her a female sidekick (I never watched Xena, though, so I don't exactly how similar Chyna/Kat were to Xena/Gabrielle).

Hmmm just like how Sunny followed the tag belts for a while.... Speking of The tag belts what cause former tag champs the Headbangers to turn heel, and whatever happened to them after they left the WWE?

Hmmm just like how Sunny followed the tag belts for a while.... Speking of The tag belts what cause former tag champs the Headbangers to turn heel, and whatever happened to them after they left the WWE?

do you mean their heel turn in 1999? I think that was when they got back together as I remember Jim Ross saying at Armageddon 99 "the Headbangers back together after surviving a knee injury from Thrasher and a horrendous gimmick for Mosh"

The horrendous gimmick I believe was Beaver Cleavage or something? He also wrestled as Chaz at one point I beleive and they did an angle where he was apaprently beating on his girlfriend (or wife?) Marianna

Mosh then went back to playing chaz and teamed with D-Lo Brown into 2001

They also turned heel in 98 and were soon joined by the ICP in their feud against the Oddities.

I know most of us blocked that from our memories.

They also turned heel in 98 and were soon joined by the ICP in their feud against the Oddities.

I know most of us blocked that from our memories.

Exactly. I have no recollection of that at all

they did promos for about a month, I think most of them were with other random Superstars saying what they thought and expected of Sid when he arrived

How did Sid show up in 1991? Did they play hype videos for months after he left WCW? Or did he just show up out of the blue.

I remember the first vignette just being of Sid smiling on camera, and going "WTF?" I'm not sure his SuperBrawl I match with El Gigante had even happened yet, but it was no more than two weeks after that.

If I remember correctly - and I might be completely wrong - they showed quick clips of wrestlers saying "he's coming" and that's it. I remember it as if they would show a close-up of the wrestler, from the chest up, and then the image would revolve onto and off of the screen as they said it. And I think it was both heels and faces saying it, so it wasn't really clear who it was, and if they were good or bad.

And as a name, Sid Vicious > Sid Justice

Guest news_gimmick

Anyone have any idea when or how Sherri Martel made the transition from managing Ted Dibiase to HBK in early 1992? I recall Sherry being with Dibiase at the Rumble and by WM she was with Shawn. How and when did the change occur in between?

Anyone have any idea when or how Sherri Martel made the transition from managing Ted Dibiase to HBK in early 1992? I recall Sherry being with Dibiase at the Rumble and by WM she was with Shawn. How and when did the change occur in between?

Sherri told Brother Love that she'd fallen in love with HBK and DiBiase agreed to terminate her contract so she could pursue him.

Sherri told Brother Love that she'd fallen in love with HBK and DiBiase agreed to terminate her contract so she could pursue him.

Just to correct that it was Paul Bearer she told on the Funeral Parlor, Love was way gone by that point, and was probably backstage thinking of ridiculous angles involving Papa Shango, the Ultimate Warrior and voodoo :)

Just to correct that it was Paul Bearer she told on the Funeral Parlor, Love was way gone by that point, and was probably backstage thinking of ridiculous angles involving Papa Shango, the Ultimate Warrior and voodoo :)

It was a lame Piper's Pit ripoff at any rate.

Guest news_gimmick

Vince's last raw was October 27, 1997. He didn't commentate on the pretaped edition of Raw on November 1, 1997.

Anyone have any idea who the bodyguard that accompanied Goldust to the ring at Good Friends, Better Enemies in April 1996?

Vince's last raw was October 27, 1997. He didn't commentate on the pretaped edition of Raw on November 1, 1997.

Anyone have any idea who the bodyguard that accompanied Goldust to the ring at Good Friends, Better Enemies in April 1996?

If it's who I'm thinking of (kind of short, fat, had a beard), I'm pretty sure it was Mantaur/Bruiser Bedlam/Bruiser Mastino.

Guest news_gimmick

I look at the tape again and he does resemble Mantaur. Can anyone confirm this, if possible?

When were the Luchadores(not including Juvi and Rey) released by WCW? I'm not sure about guys like Lizmark Jr,Damien and Super Calo but I can remember La Parka,Psicosis,Silver King and El Dandy being taken off of TV during the Russo/Bischoff era.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Mikey Whipwreck, and some Luchadores were released in the Summer of 99 in one mass firing

In the fall of 99, they were building to a Val Venis v Edge program over Edge marrying Val's sister. Edge did some cryptic promo about how Val wouldn't be his best man or something of that nature. Why was this feud dropped all of a sudden? Edge went right back into tag wrestling afterwards and I think Val fought over the Euro title. Why was the program killed?

They had a match on raw which Val won, after Val lost the European Title he was off tv for a while(until a few weeks before Wrestlemania) so an injury could have been a reason to end the feud.

In the fall of 99, they were building to a Val Venis v Edge program over Edge marrying Val's sister. Edge did some cryptic promo about how Val wouldn't be his best man or something of that nature. Why was this feud dropped all of a sudden? Edge went right back into tag wrestling afterwards and I think Val fought over the Euro title. Why was the program killed?

WWF @ St. Louis, MO - Kiel Arena - January 10, 2000

Raw is War:

WWF European Champion Val Venis pinned Edge at 3:34 with the fisherman's suplex; after the match, the two along with Christian hugged because of Edge's engagement to Val's sister

It was probably killed because the WWF didn't think to take it any further.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

This Edge/Val note triggered my memory, I want to say the reason was given out in the dirt sheets and it was a pretty poor excuse

/wracks brain

Has any Rock/HHH match after 97 ended 100% clean? The cleanest I can think of is the 98 KOTR Quarter Final which had a low blow then fisherman's suplex.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

As well as the staleness of his gimmick, Morley had to contend with injury. He suffered a neck sprain that resulted in limited mobility for about 6 months. Prior to his injury an angle with his sister and Adam "Edge" Copeland's real life fiancee, Alanna Morley, was being scripted. Sean Morley's injury put that angle on the shelf. By the time Morley was ready to return, Copeland was busy in the tag team scene and the proposed angle was scrapped. There was a rumor that Morley wasn't behind the proposed angle and was therefore "demoted" by WWF officials, but both Morley and WWF officials have denied this and instead stated that Morley's injury was the reason for his slip in the ranks.

Instead of the "not with my sister you don't" angle, we started to see a new serious side of Val Venis. His ring attire changed. He cut his hair. He spent more time on the mic and less time on the one liners. For those of us who pay attention to such things, it was a change to be watched closely......

http://rajah.com/wwf/profiles/venis.htm

What was the reasoning behind having Vic Grimes being with Prince Albert and Droz as "Key" for a show or 2 then dissapearing? I think he even had a squash on Metal.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Others may have proof, but my speculation is that the whole drug dealer thing had some worried.

Plus Vic was rather horrid in the ring, minus his hardcore bumps

(Didn't he fall off the top rope when he attempted to run in due to his shoes?-or am I thinking of something else?)