TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

Never heard of that one. I know in 1990-'91 WCW had a show on WGN called WCW Chicago that had syndicated matches hosted by Tony Schiavone and WCW New York hosted by Jim Ross (I believe on WPIX).

Yeah, the Chicago one had Jack Brickhouse doing a little segment each episode.

I have a WCW on WGN show on a VHS somewhere. It has a Z-man, Big Josh and Dustin Rhodes vs Terry Taylor, Richard Morton and Thomas Rich CAGE match as the weekly main event.

I have a WCW on WGN show on a VHS somewhere. It has a Z-man, Big Josh and Dustin Rhodes vs Terry Taylor, Richard Morton and Thomas Rich CAGE match as the weekly main event.

I guess that kind of makes sense...all three of those faces had run-ins with the York Foundation. Cage matches on WCW TV used to be somewhat common in the late '80s/early '90s.

I guess that kind of makes sense...all three of those faces had run-ins with the York Foundation. Cage matches on WCW TV used to be somewhat common in the late '80s/early '90s.

The set up for the match was the York Foundation beating Rhodes, Z-Man and Josh for the Six-Man titles when Josh let his friendship for Rich get in the way of beating the Foundation and the Foundation used that to steal the titles.

The match itself was pretty good stuff, complete with post-match beatdown and Big Josh getting juice.

Alright something in my terrible predictions thread got me wondering- how did Kurrgan turn from low-rent monster heel to a lovable, tie dye shirt wearing goof with the Oddities? I vaguely remember Cyrus verbally absuing him and the rest of the Oddities.

Does anyone else remember a Saturday morning show called "WWF New York" in the summer of 1998? It was on after LiveWire, but not on USA, it was on some local NY station that I had at the time. JR was one of the commentators, and if I remember correctly it had a few matches with jobbers, intersperced with Raw highlights. Anyone?

I believe it was Shotgun with a different name and different commentary.

When did Terry Taylor come back to the WWF after his WCW run in 92? I saw a clip of him hosting Wrestling Spotlight and he was backstage at King of the Ring 93. When did he stop wrestling?

I think he still wrestles on the occassional indy show.

As for him reappearing in the WWF, he came back around November '92 as "Terrific" Terry Taylor and was even in the '93 Rumble. He was pretty much a JTTS the whole time during that stint. Then he went back to WCW for a brief period in early '94. Most notable moment of that stint being defeating Diamond Dallas Page at SuperBrawl IV

What was the kayfabe reason for RVD feuding with Goldust leading to their match at No Way Out 2002?

What was the kayfabe reason for RVD feuding with Goldust leading to their match at No Way Out 2002?

There wasn't much reason at all. On an episode of RAW, Goldust came on the TitanTron after RVD beat somebody and said RVD's dreams would be shattered and then attacked RVD from behind. Not sure why he attacked RVD- all I know is it led to a pretty damn boring match.

Well Jim Ross certainly thought it was exciting enough to want a sequel.

Truth be told, I thought it was the best match of that show when I first saw it almost 6 years ago. Re-watching it, I found it quite dull.

As for him reappearing in the WWF, he came back around November '92 as "Terrific" Terry Taylor and was even in the '93 Rumble. He was pretty much a JTTS the whole time during that stint. Then he went back to WCW for a brief period in early '94. Most notable moment of that stint being defeating Diamond Dallas Page at SuperBrawl IV

Taylor just had double knee replacement surgery, per WON

If memory serves, the first issue of WWF Magazine from 1993 listed Max Moon vs. Terry Taylor as part of the Royal Rumble undercard.

There wasn't much reason at all. On an episode of RAW, Goldust came on the TitanTron after RVD beat somebody and said RVD's dreams would be shattered and then attacked RVD from behind. Not sure why he attacked RVD- all I know is it led to a pretty damn boring match.

actually it lasted a bit longer than that. On th eraw following the rumble, goldust made vague threats to someone who was trying to take his spotlight, it lasted a few weeks untill dust revealed it was RVD he was talking aout. RVD won the NWO match and went on to the ic title at mania and goldust formed a make-shift team with Booker T, which turned them both face eventually.

Alright something in my terrible predictions thread got me wondering- how did Kurrgan turn from low-rent monster heel to a lovable, tie dye shirt wearing goof with the Oddities? I vaguely remember Cyrus verbally absuing him and the rest of the Oddities.

the short form is basically one night on RAW in about July/Aug 98, Sable came out and had "backup" in the form of the oddities who came out in tuxedos and luna had on a dress. they started dancing that night and the rest is history.

The Jackal(Cyrus) was never again connected to them, and outside of a few appearances of Jack coming out of the ceiling with a podium around him and speaking, and then initially managing the Acolytes (I could swear he called them the "jackolytes" but I might have mistaken that), he dissappeared for good from WWE sometime in october/nov 98.

so no they never really explained the oddities face turn.

In fact I bet the whole angle was an excuse to bring in ICP, you know Russo

Who portrayed DDP's run in buddy Max Muscle? I don't recall ever having seen him anywhere prior to his very brief run in WCW, and never saw him anywhere afterward. Anyone have a clue?

What exactly was the storyline with Rock and Taker winning the tag titles in 2000? It was incredibly random and they lost the belts a couple days later back to Edge and Christian. Did a feud ever become of this?

the short form is basically one night on RAW in about July/Aug 98, Sable came out and had "backup" in the form of the oddities who came out in tuxedos and luna had on a dress. they started dancing that night and the rest is history.

The Jackal(Cyrus) was never again connected to them, and outside of a few appearances of Jack coming out of the ceiling with a podium around him and speaking, and then initially managing the Acolytes (I could swear he called them the "jackolytes" but I might have mistaken that), he dissappeared for good from WWE sometime in october/nov 98.

so no they never really explained the oddities face turn.

In fact I bet the whole angle was an excuse to bring in ICP, you know Russo

He did indeed name the "The Jackolytes" in the beginning. I remember that too.

Speaking of Terry Taylor, he was the "Taylor Made Man" before he became "Terrific" Terry, correct? Or, was that after his brief WWF stint? I have a vision of him showing off in an over-sized "Million Dollar Man" like suit .

IIRC, he was The Taylor Made Man back when he was in The York Foundation as Terrance Taylor around '91. The York Foundation were to me like yuppie nerd versions of The Million Dollar Man.

IIRC, he was The Taylor Made Man back when he was in The York Foundation as Terrance Taylor around '91. The York Foundation were to me like yuppie nerd versions of The Million Dollar Man.

He was Terrence Taylor when he was a member of the York Foundation. They were supposed to be yuppies, what with guys like Ricky Morton and Tommy Rich changing their names to Richard and Thomas... the only problem was that Ricky still dressed like he was one half of the Rock N' Roll Express.

The whole Taylor Made Man thing came about after the demise of the York Foundation. It was in 1992 that he evolved into that gimmick, and formed a tag team with Greg Valentine (who I remember running out clad in a suit on an ep of WCW Saturday Night and attacking someone with Taylor).

Why was Mr. Perfect omitted from the Kid Rock WWF desire video?

As far as I know, there is no reason. They probably just couldn't fit him in.

Mr. Perfect was never that big of a star in the WWF. Well, at least not at the level of the other guys depicted in the video.