TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

Tajiri at Summerslam

Guest drdrainoscott

According to Meltzer, Tajiri has been added to the US title match at Summerslam. All I can say is that match better get at least 20 minutes. Let it be known that I am calling a gore on someone while they are in the tarantula.

Guest BionicRedneck
Am I the only one sick of 3 way and 4 way matches for belts?

They rarely do them on PPV these days. When was the last one? Mania?

Shit, I could have told you that Tajiri would be in the match as soon as Rhyno interfered in the match at Vengeance. It was pretty obvious if you ask me. And I can't even remember the last fatal four way match in the men's division. When there's actually a logical storyline behind it (like this one, ) I think it works fine.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

I would have much preferred the rumored Benoit/Rhyno I Quit match, along with the Eddie/Tajiri match (Tajiri going over thus setting Eddie up for a top run). Since we're getting screwed out of 2 possible ****, it's only fair this goes at least 20 minutes. I know, i'm laughing too.

It should be great if given enough time. Im a Tajiri mark, but it looks like he is the only one that for sure won't win. They may have Eddie drop the Title(not by a direct pinfall,though) to either Benoit or Rhyno so they continue that feud with something on the line, and move Eddie on the bigger and better thing as a MAIN EVENT SUPERSTAR~!

I would have much preferred the rumored Benoit/Rhyno I Quit match, along with the Eddie/Tajiri match (Tajiri going over thus setting Eddie up for a top run). Since we're getting screwed out of 2 possible ****, it's only fair this goes at least 20 minutes. I know, i'm laughing too.

I'd rather they saved those matches for the next Smackdown PPV, where they could get the time and attention they deserve.

Incidently, does anyone know when Chavo's coming back? It'd be nice to see him feud with Eddie again.

Guest Ray

I also prefer singles matches, but I like this........because it gets Tajiri (who is so damn underrated!) on the card.

They probably will have LOTS of group matches (chamber, 4 way, etc.) because they're fitting two shows onto one show.

But after all, we'll get shane/bischoff right?

sorry.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I like the idea of the four-way for the reasons stated above - give time for Eddie/Tajiri and Rhyno/Benoit at the next PPV.

EDIT: The next SmackDown! PPV

I like this match actually...you got three world class workers and a guy who can keep up and add some power.

It'd be cool if Tajiri did a reverse tarantula on Benoit and then Rhyno came in for the gore, yeah. Maybe we'll see Rhyno and Eddy work together in the match too..main event spinebuster on Tajiri, right into Eddy's hilo. Or maybe we'll see a roundhouse to the face into a bridging German if its elimination from Tajiri and Benoit.

Guest wildpegasus

Benoit vs Eddy vs Rhyno vs Tajiri will be pretty good and most likely great. Unlike a 3 way match everyone will have a wrestler to wrestle with at all times and you just there will be a lot of fun and innovative spots in this one. I can picture Benoit catching Tajiri's springboard elbow into a german/dragon suplex and some kind of wierd tarantula spot right now. On the negative side the match is not elimination style and I think it's pretty much a lock the match'll only get 12-15 minutes. Still, this is going to be great.

Methinks Eddy retains and goes on to feud with a soon-to-be-turning-face John Cena.

Post match, you have Benoit cut a promo in which he's angry at himself and sorry to the fans for letting them down again. He gets hella emotional and says that tonight he needs to do something to prove to himself that he's still go "it."

After the victory over Angle, Lesnar begins to set him up for an F5 on the announce table and Benoit's music hits. Him and Brock brawl around the arena and the PPV ends with Benoit standing over Angle's body and staring Brock down.

The feud would own. Benoit could talk about how he now needs to destroy the monster that he created because he was not hungry enough. He sees Brock as his last hope before fading into mediocity. Feud ensues, with the main question begin "Does Benoit still have it?". The question is answered at No Mercy 2003 when Benoit makes Lesnar tap out for the first time in his career.

No offense Curry, but your idea has too much logic.

I'm expecting that Benoit beings his singles feud with Rhyno and nothing more.

I'm expecting Eddie (with the title) to continue his feud with Tajiri.

And I'm expecting Lesnar to be a thorn in Angle's side (who either has it or doesn't).

Logic like yours doesn't really fit all too well with the WWE attitude.

^I like that idea.

I would love to see Benoit/Rhyno and Eddy/Tajiri, but a fatal 4 way wiould still be awesome. Im ordering SummerSlam regardless.

Guest jm29195

They rarely do them on PPV these days. When was the last one? Mania?

The last one would be the Lesnar/Show/Angle match at Vengance last month....

3 & 4-way matches are fine, BUT they need to be elimination, not "first pin wins" crap. That stip alones makes the ending ridiculous usually as one or two guys have to lay around like drunks in order for someone to get the pin.

3 & 4-way matches are fine, BUT they need to be elimination, not "first pin wins" crap. That stip alones makes the ending ridiculous usually as one or two guys have to lay around like drunks in order for someone to get the pin.

Well, sometimes the first pin wins stip works really well with the match. Look at the Jericho vs. Benoit vs. Guerrero vs. X-Pac match from No Way Out 2001... that was a GREAT match, and the ending made perfect sense. Plenty of nearfalls leading up to the pin, and Jericho got a roll-up on X-Pac, I believe, with both Benoit and Guerrero trying to break it, but missing by a second.