TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AnnieEclectic

Promo: The Start of Something New

Time: August 14th, 11:34 P.M. Mountain Standard Time

Location: Sitting on an amplifier crate outside of the Metrapark Arena in Billings, Montana.

Current Action: Glumly puffing on a Frost Brand Cigar.

I gotta stop smoking these fuckers

Annie Eclectic sits by herself but she's not alone. Ring boys carry equipment and other essential gear out of the Metrapark Arena into a half a dozen 18-wheelers parked in the parking lot. A few of the wrestlers help too, mainly ones just breaking into the JL. The last crop from the Bases Loaded Training Center that they'll ever see.

Bullshit. Loads of it. One act of personal anger sends ripples touching even these guys. Le Sigh.

Almost all the fans are gone, save for a few JL diehards wanting to get autographs of up and coming wrestlers. Diehard fans are a commodity these days, especially for the JL.

At least you hope they're diehards and not eBay fanatics hoping to get 'rookie' memorabilia. Double Sigh.

Time passes. More gear gets loaded onto the trucks. Only traces of the SJL are left inside the arena. Annie's flicks her cigar BUTT away and lights another one.

I really gotta quit smoking these fuckers.

Footsteps. Thirty feet behind her, a bit off to the right. She can hear the person coming easily thanks to her upbringing as a child with the Clan. Male, six foot tall, gangly with a bit of weight around the waist. More time spent helping the crew and coming up with matches will do that to you.

"Hey yo, Zenon," says Annie, not the least bit surprised.

Alex Zenon stops ten steps behind the woman, not the least bit surprised she knew he was coming. It was almost becoming routine.

"That predictable, am I?" asks Alex.

"That and your feet clomp on the pavement like a horse. If you're going to sneak up on someone, try to be a little more subtle," notes Annie, taking another drag from her cigar.

"Fair enough, can I take a seat?"

"Sure, and the answer is still up in the air."

Zenon chuckles as he drags over another speaker case to sit on next to Eclectic.

"I still think it would be a good idea. Judge and Ejiro proved that you can work in the WF and still announce with the JL. It's been a long time, Annie. Haven't those ribs healed yet?"

"They have, somewhat," replies Annie, "I still don't think the world is ready for me. You know me Alex, I wouldn't be happy until I made it to the very very top no matter how much time it took. I don't know if the WFCC is ready to let a woman fight for the World Title. Hell, I don't know if the fans are."

"You might be surprised," says Zenon sagely.

"That's another thing. Assuming King doesn't pull another piece of bullshit and find a way to block me, and assuming that the fans don't take a crap on me... can I hold out? My body has been put through a LOT of shit. It would take time for me to prove myself to be high calibur. I don't want to start something I can't finish."

Annie takes another drag, flicking the ash to the pavement and noting that the cigar is already halfway gone.

"How much time do you think you'd have?" asks Alex.

"A year, maybe eighteen months."

"That's all? You were only in the fed a year!"

"I took a lot of shit, I told you."

Zenon solemnly nods. Annie watches the smoke floating into the air, her mind drifting... until Z snatches the cigar out of her hand.

"HEY!" screams Annie.

"First off, stop smoking these things regardless of what you do," says Alex, "They're fucking disgusting. Secondly, stop with the self pity bull and do what you know you want to do. I hear you talk about how you could beat this guy, or you could beat that guy, if you hadn't gotten injured you might be where Strangler is. So what if you think you're career is half over, if you don't work the other half you don't know what you can do."

"Z, it's not that easy," whinges Annie.

"Yes, yes it is. Yeah, so King is a prick and he might try to block you. Do you really think he can avoid a lawsuit if it comes down to it?" asks Zenon, rising out of his seat, "You think the fans will crap on a woman fighting for real? They didn't seem to think so when you won Hardcore, or United States, or Light Heavyweight. You think your body doesn't have enough left? I see you work out and out-do most of the JL guys when it comes to endurance. I know you want to fight, and I can't see any reason why you aren't!"

"The timing's just not right..." says Annie trailing off, realizing how impotent her rebuttal is right away.

"Annie, you're scared and you're too damn pigheaded to admit it. Get over it, get over yourself, and do what you love to do. Maybe win some titles, maybe make a few firsts for the league. I really, really, think that the WF wants to see your face again."

With that, Alex passes the half-smoked cigar back to Annie, nods his head in salutations, and heads back to the makeshift office inside the arena. Annie turns to stare at Zenon as he leaves, contemplating the exchange that just occured.

"You just don't get it, do you Z?" asks Annie.

Annie looks at the cigar, noticing the total lack of burning, and curses as she fumbles for her lighter. A red glow returns to the cancer stick as smoke rises into the atmosphere.

...the WF wants to see your face again.

"...Fuck. Maybe you do get it."

END PROMO

ANNIE E! ANNIE E!

If this is a comeback, I think you need to adopt the, ahem, "move" you used on Ejiro in Liston's Calvinball match. That's a potent finisher right there.

Guest Fire and Knives

This promo is cooler because I understand it.

Z and Annie interact beautifully as always, and the setting really accentuates for me the fact that Annie's not doing all she can with regards to a possible return. I'll be interested to see how the whole injured Annie angle plays into what seems like an imminent return that won't rely on ??? being booked again. Thank God. I've been told that dude's expensive.

K.

Pfft. I walk on air in real life.

Of course, I weigh one hundred and nothing in real life, too, so.

Anyway, even if I okayed it, it's odd to see Alex used in a backstage setting. But then again, I've been working dilligently to downplay any character involvement in the JL, and no-sell my career as a whole. So!

Solid promo still.

-Z

It's cool, Edwin. If people were more aware of my career as a whole, I wouldn't get the hero worship I do. :D

Actually, come to think of it, that might work for you too. ::cough::

-Z

Guest Beingz0wningj00

*brings up Zed's record aganst Frost*

BONG

Hmmm... promo makes sense. *takes cigar, puffs, hands a dubie back*

Annie's comes back and in fine fashion, welcome m'lady.

And I just noticed, you have a VANESSA avatar.

You rule.

I manage to drop in again tonight for a few minutes, and what a treat, because I get it too. (Y) Looking forward to seeing what happens next, and it should be good, because hey, this is Lady Red we're talking about!

*sneaks back out of Dad's computer room*

Holy shit.

I saw something in this promo.

I saw it.

It being that special something that true champions wield. If you understand the power you hold, and wield it well, you're gonna be a champion.

Okay, now that the cat's out and the people who didn't know do know, my real view: I kinda agree with Thoth here. If you run with this it feels like you have the drive to go all the way. One of those lovely intangibles.

Best of luck, mademoiselle o' murder.

Gee boys, don't give a girl a real ego or anything...

This was a fun run, however it was about time to just let it go and 'be myself' again. And it feels good. I think I'm ready for a good trip regardless, hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

-Annie