TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

MTV VMAs...tonight

Well, Smackdown's not on tonight cause of the Detroit Tigers. So I think I'll watch the VMAs. Plus Rock is a solid host. And anything will beat last year's will Fallon hosting.

Guest El Satanico

I'll watch.

They have a good host this year and it could be one of Johnny Cash's last TV appearances.

I always watch the VMAs because they somehow manage to suck every single year.

I take great pleasure in seeing how bad they are every year

Hey! I thought the VMAs were decent enough when Chris Rock hosted and made fun of everyone. Other than that you're right.

I agree with Rock hosting it will be funny and I hope they bring back Triumph for a third straight year to fuck things up but I'm kinda doubting it.

The VMA's can be enjoyable if you just realize who wins these things is irrelevent. I mean NO ONE in their right mind that Lady Marmelade was the best video two years ago but if you just laugh at the terrible choices and not take it so seriously, which it really isn't meant to be, then you can enjoy the show. There always is at least one decent performance too.

I agree with Rock hosting it will be funny and I hope they bring back Triumph for a third straight year to fuck things up but I'm kinda doubting it.

Yeah cause lord knows how many of the stars there can't take a joke like Em last year and J-Lo the year before.

Guest Ghettoman

Got a going away party for some friends moving to college tonight so no, but otherwise Smackdown would come first because it gets replayed about ten thousands times in the coming month anyway.

I just hope nothing good happens while it's live that gets cut on the taped reruns.

Last year they edited out Feminem having a coronary because the puppet made fun of him, and also edited out him threatening Moby and the boos that followed, so I definitely prefer to see it live.

Having said that, every year I watch and every year I wonder why I wasted three hours of my life that way.

MTV sucks.

Last year they edited out Feminem having a coronary because the puppet made fun of him, and also edited out him threatening Moby and the boos that followed, so I definitely prefer to see it live.

Yes cause lord knows that MTV can't afford to have their star looking bad and being able to dish it out but, not take it.

Guest El Satanico

Maybe MTV will pull a shocker and have Johnny Cash come in on the end of the closing performance.

Of course, that would make it appear to be a legit award show and we can't have that.

Guest Choken One

Every year they try to have a surprise finale or a huge spectatle either it be the SHOCKING and boring return of Axl or Blink with flying Dwarfs.

I'm banking on 50 opening and Metallica closing...

Guest El Satanico

I got it...

Johnny Cash will join Metallica at the end and they will play "A Boy Named Sue".

Guest Ecto Cooler
Blink with flying Dwarfs.

Blink was called in at the last minute to replace Metallica that year.

Guest Choken One
I got it...

Johnny Cash will join Metallica at the end and they will play "A Boy Named Sue".

It might work...They did pretty decent to great with some other covers...

Johnny Cash Hospitalized, Will Miss Video Music Awards

Johnny Cash was hospitalized in Nashville on Monday for treatment of an undisclosed stomach condition and will miss Thursday's MTV Video Music Awards. The 71-year-old country legend is nominated in six categories.

Johnny Cash Hospitalized, Will Miss Video Music Awards

Johnny Cash was hospitalized in Nashville on Monday for treatment of an undisclosed stomach condition and will miss Thursday's MTV Video Music Awards. The 71-year-old country legend is nominated in six categories.

That sucks. I hope he'll be alright soon.

Dammit peepz, pick a thread.

Anyway, great performance until Missy Elliott ruined it.

Ok, I'm stickin to the MUSIC THREAD.

Sidenote: Lebron is HARD UP with Ashanti.