TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Internet Warfare

High School Freshman here

Yeah, I was wondering what kinds of grades you need to get into a good college. Either that or tell me the grades you got to get into college. I would also like to know what the class schedule is at you paticular school, because I'm think its diferent from High School. Thanks in advance.. and who knows I just might pick your school. ooooh.

Guest stardust

As/Bs, decent SAT scores (mine were in the 1400s is all I remember), and a shit ton of extra curricular activities. Granted, here in Texas, the rule was when I graduated (I think it's changed since then) that if you were in the top 10 percent of your class, you were automatically admitted to any state college or university. If you were Valedictorian or Salutatorian, you got a full scholarship to any state college or university (if I'm remembering correctly).

Oh, as for class schedule...it varies depending upon the college, your course load, your major, etc. Right now I'm taking 12 hours, which is the minimum for full-time college students. But I'm kinda screwed in the fact that I only have 24 hours left until I graduate, but the maximum amount of hours you can take in one semester is 21 (and they really frown upon that).

I went to a community college my first 2 years out of high school. I transferred all my credits to the college I was going to go to anyway and saved around $16,000 in the process.

What I really liked about the whole experience is that it gave me a chance to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and not have to spend precious $ switching my major 20 times...

Guest Choken One

It's your frosh year...Don't worry bout college...

Find a nice Senior Chick to Bang and get "over" and party hard and then worry about college...

Go to community college. You could walk into class in tube socks and take a dump on the professor's desk and they wouldn't care as long as you've got the money for the class.

Go to community college. You could walk into class in tube socks and take a dump on the professor's desk and they wouldn't care as long as you've got the money for the class.

I feel confident everyday that I'm in class knowing that I could feasibly do that.

Guest Unwritten Religion
It's your frosh year...Don't worry bout college...

Find a nice Senior Chick to Bang and get "over" and party hard and then worry about college...

I Agree with the Chokester. When I was a freshman, I already knew which college I was going to(UNLV). If you don't have the good Grades by the time you finish high school, If you good at any sport, any college might give you a scholarship.

Have fun being A Freshman, I know I did.

Yeah, I was wondering what kinds of grades you need to get into a good college. Either that or tell me the grades you got to get into college. I would also like to know what the class schedule is at you paticular school, because I'm think its diferent from High School. Thanks in advance.. and who knows I just might pick your school. ooooh.

Damn you thinkin of college already

im a freshman in high school, and all i can think about is getting laid. And getting a new fucking keyboard so i can make punctuations and shift buttons that fuckin work.

Granted, here in Texas, the rule was when I graduated (I think it's changed since then) that if you were in the top 10 percent of your class, you were automatically admitted to any state college or university. If you were Valedictorian or Salutatorian, you got a full scholarship to any state college or university (if I'm remembering correctly).

Sadly that is true, which is why my brother didn't get into Texas or Texas A&M. He was barely outside the Top 10% (he was 148 out of 896 students) and had 1400 on his SATs and wasn't accepted because they had too many Top 10 students. So if you go to a school where the kids aren't as smart as they are in other schools they can get into a better college than you even with lower grades than you. And by the end of the year those kids can't make the grades because they aren'y smart enough to cut it and end up dropping out.

Just wait a few years after graduation. That'll give you an opportunity to travel, learn a few things about despair, and most likely develop a substance abuse problem. When you come out on the other side, Uncle Sucker'll make sure you have student loan money coming out your ass.

Guest stardust
Granted, here in Texas, the rule was when I graduated (I think it's changed since then) that if you were in the top 10 percent of your class, you were automatically admitted to any state college or university. If you were Valedictorian or Salutatorian, you got a full scholarship to any state college or university (if I'm remembering correctly).

Sadly that is true, which is why my brother didn't get into Texas or Texas A&M. He was barely outside the Top 10% (he was 148 out of 896 students) and had 1400 on his SATs and wasn't accepted because they had too many Top 10 students. So if you go to a school where the kids aren't as smart as they are in other schools they can get into a better college than you even with lower grades than you. And by the end of the year those kids can't make the grades because they aren'y smart enough to cut it and end up dropping out.

That sucks. I had a graduating class of 140 something, but those of us in the top 10% were so damned competitive it wasn't even funny. I was eighth with a 5.1something GPA (on a five-point scale...and hey it's been five years, the details are kinda fuzzy by now). Our valedictorian and salutatorian were separated by one one thousandth of a point. And every single one of us took AP or honors courses, and had tons of extra curriculars on the side, so I can honestly say that I think all of us deserved it. And after the top 10%, it just got BAD. It was like, there were the top 14 to 20 in the class, and then after that, it was all downhill.

Where'd your brother end up going, just out of curiosity?

Lol..I just recently got out of high school, and go to Community College right now and will for a couple of years until I plan on transfering into UNT since they have a good journalism department, and I want to get into that.

Heh, and the thing that sucked about high school is that I had a 3.0, yet was in the fourth quarter of my class, and then scored only average on my ACT (didnt take the SAT...fuck). Flower Mound High School = the drizzling shits.

But uhm, for high school. Just sorta keep the grades ok, and party as much as u can. Cuz the best things I remember about high school involved me being drunk.

So stardust, how's North Texas in general? Was up there last weekend to do some drinking but thats about it...small dorm rooms and crazy chairs is what i got out of it.

Keep your average in the 80s and try to crack 1100+ for SATs and you're in at absolutely any state school. Hell, the Honors Program at my school accepted people with a 93 average and a 1300 SAT.

The schedule is highly variable. Assuming you have 15 hours (which you have to average each semester to graduate in four years, unless you want to summer one year), you can get it down to three days a week if you want, or you can spread them as thin as possible among the five days. For example, one semester I took four hour-long courses MWF and then added a 3-hour seminar on Wednesday night. This semester I'm taking three courses MWF, one on TT, and then a four-hour webcourse.

I had a 3.9 GPA and had a 32 on my ACT(we didn't take the SAT).

I still almost got kicked out seeing how I only came to school to sleep and left to go to the college game room across the street from our High School.

I hated High School...it was just to boring....

But don't listen to them. Try hard your freshman, sophmore and junior year. By then all of the colleges have seen your transcript and your senior year won't even matter. Then just don't go.

Guest stardust
Lol..I just recently got out of high school, and go to Community College right now and will for a couple of years until I plan on transfering into UNT since they have a good journalism department, and I want to get into that.

Heh, and the thing that sucked about high school is that I had a 3.0, yet was in the fourth quarter of my class, and then scored only average on my ACT (didnt take the SAT...fuck). Flower Mound High School = the drizzling shits.

But uhm, for high school. Just sorta keep the grades ok, and party as much as u can. Cuz the best things I remember about high school involved me being drunk.

So stardust, how's North Texas in general? Was up there last weekend to do some drinking but thats about it...small dorm rooms and crazy chairs is what i got out of it.

You're from Flower Mound? Cool. A friend of mine (and ex roommate) is from Flower Mound. Out of curiosity, did you go to the game on Saturday? Fucking rocked. Which community college are you going to right now? I know most people around here go to NCTC.

As for how I like UNT...I LOVE UNT. While I can't wait to be done (I'm just burnt out on school), I really, really love being here in such a great atmosphere. Plus, it rocks that you can be in the Language building, walk across the street, and have your choice of bars to go to.

As for the dorms, it depends upon which dorm you're in. West Hall packs three people to a room for the most part, and the rooms aren't that big, plus community bathrooms, blah blah blah. Maple Hall...no community bathrooms (one all to yourself, woohoo!), but the rooms are still small. I live in College Inn, and it depends upon which type of room you have as to how big they are. The suites aren't that bad size-wise, and you share a bathroom with another room. The efficiencies, however, are awesome, as you have your room, and a kitchenette, and the bathroom, plus they're not as small as the other rooms. It's like a little mini apartment kinda. It's great. Then there are the matchsticks, which are single rooms, but only Grad students get into those. And yes, College Inn is known as the ghetto dorm, because of the way it looks, but I love living here. Yes, though, there are some crazy chairs. Half the time I'm afraid I'm gonna fall backwards in one of the damned things. As for the other dorms, I haven't been in any of them, so I really couldn't tell you what they're like (Crumley is all girls, anyway). Oh, and College Inn has a sand volleyball court and outdoor swimming pool, too, which is also pretty damned cool.

Heh, and the thing that sucked about high school is that I had a 3.0, yet was in the fourth quarter of my class, and then scored only average on my ACT (didnt take the SAT...fuck).  Flower Mound High School = the drizzling shits. 

But uhm, for high school.  Just sorta keep the grades ok, and party as much as u can.  Cuz the best things I remember about high school involved me being drunk.

So stardust, how's North Texas in general?  Was up there last weekend to do some drinking but thats about it...small dorm rooms and crazy chairs is what i got out of it.

You're from Flower Mound? Cool. A friend of mine (and ex roommate) is from Flower Mound. Out of curiosity, did you go to the game on Saturday? Fucking rocked. Which community college are you going to right now? I know most people around here go to NCTC.

As for how I like UNT...I LOVE UNT. While I can't wait to be done (I'm just burnt out on school), I really, really love being here in such a great atmosphere. Plus, it rocks that you can be in the Language building, walk across the street, and have your choice of bars to go to.

As for the dorms, it depends upon which dorm you're in. West Hall packs three people to a room for the most part, and the rooms aren't that big, plus community bathrooms, blah blah blah. Maple Hall...no community bathrooms (one all to yourself, woohoo!), but the rooms are still small. I live in College Inn, and it depends upon which type of room you have as to how big they are. The suites aren't that bad size-wise, and you share a bathroom with another room. The efficiencies, however, are awesome, as you have your room, and a kitchenette, and the bathroom, plus they're not as small as the other rooms. It's like a little mini apartment kinda. It's great. Then there are the matchsticks, which are single rooms, but only Grad students get into those. And yes, College Inn is known as the ghetto dorm, because of the way it looks, but I love living here. Yes, though, there are some crazy chairs. Half the time I'm afraid I'm gonna fall backwards in one of the damned things. As for the other dorms, I haven't been in any of them, so I really couldn't tell you what they're like (Crumley is all girls, anyway). Oh, and College Inn has a sand volleyball court and outdoor swimming pool, too, which is also pretty damned cool.

Nah, I didn't catch the game on Saturday...not sure what exactly I was doing at the time.

I actually go to Northlake. It's funny because everyone I hung out with in high school goes to either NCTC or Northlake. It's not too bad. It's a 15 minute ride, which is really nothing. Only thing that sucks is parking there in the morning. It sometimes takes twenty minutes to find a spot.

Yeah, as for the dorms, I was hanging out in the kerr building, so says one of my drinking buddies. Might be a freshman dorm or something. The room was hella small, but the bunk beds were kickass...comfy...but I was drunk, so eh..and what's with the hallways? You can could hear everything happening around you.

Probably going there in a year/two years, so yah, hear about the journalism program there.

Guest stardust
Nah, I didn't catch the game on Saturday...not sure what exactly I was doing at the time.

I actually go to Northlake. It's funny because everyone I hung out with in high school goes to either NCTC or Northlake. It's not too bad. It's a 15 minute ride, which is really nothing. Only thing that sucks is parking there in the morning. It sometimes takes twenty minutes to find a spot.

Yeah, as for the dorms, I was hanging out in the kerr building, so says one of my drinking buddies. Might be a freshman dorm or something. The room was hella small, but the bunk beds were kickass...comfy...but I was drunk, so eh..and what's with the hallways? You can could hear everything happening around you.

Probably going there in a year/two years, so yah, hear about the journalism program there.

I always forget about Northlake, I guess because everyone I know up here that goes to community college goes to NCTC. And the parking there...driving around 20 minutes...that's nothing compared to commuter parking here. They keep taking away parking and building shit, but aren't adding any parking, and yet we just keep getting more and more students, and parking prices go up. *rolls eyes* It's really quite sad.

I've never been in Kerr, but I think it is primarily a freshman/lowerclassman dorm. And yeah, those bunk beds are pretty comfy (I'm assuming you're talking about the wooden ones). The ones here in College Inn are actually metal frame beds that can be bunked, but it's not a good idea to do so. As for the hallways...it's a little quiter here at College Inn, because our walls are brick, but even then, you can still hear stuff if it's loud enough. One semester, my roommate and I would constantly hear one of the guys next door having sex with some random girl. And he always seemed to bring home some very loud girls. One time, I seriously thought there was a kid across the street screaming, so I opened up my door, and then realized that it was some chick next door.