TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lando Griffin

The Joe Schmo Show

And then he later went to jail for beating his wife or something didn't he?

I just now figured out you meant this in connection to Sasha Mitchell. The deal was his wife was abusing their children and he attacked her to defend them. He now has soul custody of their four children and she can only have five strictly supervised visits with them per year.

And then he later went to jail for beating his wife or something didn't he?

I just now figured out you meant this in connection to Sasha Mitchell. The deal was his wife was abusing their children and he attacked her to defend them. He now has soul custody of their four children and she can only have five strictly supervised visits with them per year.

Well, score one for the Codester, then. Or was it the Code-man? I can't remember...

Code-man.

And I think it's Earl that gets voted off.

They aren't using the Hutch to his full potential. He shouldn't be apologizing. He should be laughing at the fit the gay guy is throwing. He should get EVERYBODY extremely pissed off at him, but then have him win the contest thing every week so he can't be voted off. Beating the odds all the way to the end where Kip beats him in a challenge, and Hutch gets voted off.

It's Genius!

Am I the only one who kinda feels bad for the guy? I'm hooked, and I won't stop watching no matter how attatched he gets to everyone, but I feel liuke shit for the guy if he rally gets everything blown up in his face in the end. He seems like the type of guy who wouldn't really need something like this to happen in his life. Does he get any money or what?

I think it's one of the most entertaining shows I've seen in quite some time. Everything is so over the top and the Host plays his role so perfectly. I love it. I can't wait to see why he is crying his eyes out in the previews for next week's show.

Guest Anglesault
Am I the only one who kinda feels bad for the guy? I'm hooked, and I won't stop watching no matter how attatched he gets to everyone, but I feel liuke shit for the guy if he rally gets everything blown up in his face in the end. He seems like the type of guy who wouldn't really need something like this to happen in his life. Does he get any money or what?

Stupid people deserve everything they get.

Code-man.

And I think it's Earl that gets voted off.

They aren't using the Hutch to his full potential. He shouldn't be apologizing. He should be laughing at the fit the gay guy is throwing. He should get EVERYBODY extremely pissed off at him, but then have him win the contest thing every week so he can't be voted off. Beating the odds all the way to the end where Kip beats him in a challenge, and Hutch gets voted off.

It's Genius!

That's what I call long term booking! Have the babyface get beat down by the heel match after match until he makes his big comeback and defeats the heel once and for all in the end!

Am I the only one who kinda feels bad for the guy?  I'm hooked, and I won't stop watching no matter how attatched he gets to everyone, but I feel liuke shit for the guy if he rally gets everything blown up in his face in the end.  He seems like the type of guy who wouldn't really need something like this to happen in his life.  Does he get any money or what?

Stupid people deserve everything they get.

I'm missing something. How is he stupid? I mean, I can understand people thinking he's a goof or a bit of a dork, but how is he stupid? I see everyone call him an idiot, yet I haven't seen him make an idiot out of himself once yet. The only thing that makes him look dumb, is that he doesn't know this whole show is a work.. and that's a forgivable offense.

As for the show.. are these taped weekly? Or has the show been taped completely and is just airing as the weeks go on?

Most reality shows are taped long before they hit the air, so they can be edited to the minute detail. It's also helps if any forseeable problems arise. Let's say our dear Joe Schmoe develops acute pendisitis and has to leave the show, you're fucked. I'm guessing this was filmed in advanced, especially since they show clips from future shows in ads and such.

How the hell is he supposed to know these people are actors? Seriously, I watch most reality shows and they all have a bunch of fucking morons who are so over the top you'd think they are actors but they are not. They all act pretty much the same as the Schmoe cast so I don't see how you can say he should know. Take any character on the show and I guarantee you that you could match them up with someone on any of the recent reality shows.

And the host rules. I was dying when he handed out autographed pictures of himself to the cast.

I'm sorry but Matt is so either in on it or has figured it out and is playing everyone.

It's just the way that he both plays into their hands and messes up their plans that makes me think he knows.

Hutch and Kip were great tonight. And they are using the plan to keep Hutch in as long as possible before Kip finally gets to vote him out.

But it just doesn't make sense to have the old guy voted off. I know they want to keep Ashleigh (sp?) around for the love triangle, but what are they going to say when Matt starts asking who voted the old guy off?

The Old Guy, Dr. Pat, and Brian are the only ones that could be voted off, thanks to everyone being involved in some sort of storyline, so they just chose the one who almost fucked up the whole thing I guess. Dr. Pat has to be next one gone though.

But it just doesn't make sense to have the old guy voted off. I know they want to keep Ashleigh (sp?) around for the love triangle, but what are they going to say when Matt starts asking who voted the old guy off?

Ashleigh - Matt, Earl, Brian

Earl - Ashleigh, Dr. Pat, Molly, Kip

Brian - Hutch

Hutch and Kip coulda been flip-flopped though. Strategy-wise, they're portraying Hutch as the wild card who is in every alliance but is in no alliance - a play on Rob from the last Survivor.

Brian's a writer on the show, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays on very late into 'the game'.

Also, I wonder if they tell the actors who is 'going home' before the ceremony?

Ashleigh - Matt, Earl, Brian

Brian - Hutch

Hutch and Kip coulda been flip-flopped though. Strategy-wise, they're portraying Hutch as the wild card who is in every alliance but is in no alliance - a play on Rob from the last Survivor.

Brian's a writer on the show, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays on very late into 'the game'.

Why would Molly vote for Earl, though [storyline wise]? She was pretty much in on the whole plan to vote Ashleigh out.

I think the ones who voted for Ashleigh were Matt, Molly, Brian [Hutch & Earl only said "Yes" to voting for her, without asking why, so they could've easily changed their minds].

Normally, I'd think that they would. But since this is all "worked" and improved, I'm guessing that they don't tell them so that they can at least get some sort of legit reaction out of the cast. Actor's or not, they are living together 24/7 and it's gotta suck when someone you're getting to know has to just leave.

Why would Molly vote for Earl, though [storyline wise]? She was pretty much in on the whole plan to vote Ashleigh out.

I think the ones who voted for Ashleigh were Matt, Molly, Brian [Hutch & Earl only said "Yes" to voting for her, without asking why, so they could've easily changed their minds].

This is one of the really fun parts of this show - trying to figure out what the heck the writers are trying to set up.

I didn't think about why Molly would "vote" for Earl - rather, I was thinking of who would "vote" for Ashleigh (although why you vote off a chick who can put her fist in her mouth and paints with her body is beyond me) and the 3 who I thought it would be were Matt (because we see it), Earl (because his word is his bond, blah, blah blah) and Brian (because he's "the buddy").

So OK, maybe Molly voted for Brian, playing off of Matt's "random vote" from ep 1.

On a side note, does anyone actually know someone who is stripper hot, yet is still a naive, innocent virgin? Just curious.

One of my questions is - if Matt isn't in on it - and I'm sure that he isn't as all Reality shows are so over the top, there's no way to tell - how is he going to react when he finds out in the end? He's OBVIOUSLY going to get paid the 100,000 for all of this, but how's he going to react when he finds out that the people he's been spending 24/7 with and getting to know and getting close to.. are completely fabricated?

He seems to take things pretty easily. But after seeing him bawl about Earl.. it makes you wonder. Will he be happy to have the money? Is he gonna be pissed for being made to look like a pud? It's going to be really interesting to find out, either way. ;)

What the hell were they thinking running a commercial for next week's show before the last segment? It ruined the suspense and made it obvious Earl was getting evicted.

One of my questions is - if Matt isn't in on it - and I'm sure that he isn't as all Reality shows are so over the top, there's no way to tell - how is he going to react when he finds out in the end? He's OBVIOUSLY going to get paid the 100,000 for all of this, but how's he going to react when he finds out that the people he's been spending 24/7 with and getting to know and getting close to.. are completely fabricated?

He seems to take things pretty easily. But after seeing him bawl about Earl.. it makes you wonder. Will he be happy to have the money? Is he gonna be pissed for being made to look like a pud? It's going to be really interesting to find out, either way. ;)

They'll have Ashleigh give him a striptease and all will be forgiven.

Guest MaskedDanger

Just my two cents:

This show is awesome; while the plot might be a tad obvious (the "unreal" reality show had to be done sometime), it's addictively watchable in a way I don't find almost any other reality shows (with the exceptions of Murder in Small Town X and the non-celebrity seasons of the Mole, both of which were very cool). I think that the "meta-game" of watching to see if the actors will screw-up really adds a level of enjoyment to the show that's missing from other reality shows. Plus the writing and (for the most part) the acting are dead on.

On that same note, I think all the actors are listed at the beginning of the show as "writers" based, persumably, on all the improv they have to do. Most of them may be "unknown" (except Hutch, who plays one of the brothers on The Mullets, if you want to call that "known"), but they seem to be pretty damned talented.

As much as I enjoy the show, I do sometimes feel bad while watching it. Particularly cringe-worthy moments were Matt's beat-boxing in this week's talent show and the way the producers are playing with his crush on Ashleigh. Hopefully walking away with the money at the end (which I agree is a given) will soften the blow a bit.

The chick that plays Ashleigh is unnervingly hot. "Molly" is cute, but "Ashleigh" is a goddess. I realize that comment has nothing to do with the quality of the show; I just wanted to share my devotion in a public forum.

And to chime in on the "Matt is an idiot" debate, I don't think he's dumb or even in on the game (although I can see how he possibly would be). I think that Matt is just honestly that nice. Call me a sucker, and maybe I'm just getting roped in, but I think he's just a good guy who tries to be nice to people. From our outsider perspective, it's easy for that sort of kindness to come off looking like naiveté or stupidity, especially in an environment where everyone is playing big joke on you, you know? In all honesty, he seems a lot like some of my better, more fun friends: just a cool, laid back guy.

Edited by MaskedDanger

Why would Ashleigh, Dr. Pat, Molly, Kip vote Earl off?

Ashleigh said she was voting Molly.

Dr. Pat, is a wildcard I guess.

Molly, after finding out about Ashleigh, would vote her off.

and Kip, wouldn't vote Ashleigh, and after Earl said that Kip was the one he liked the most, Kip would have to vote off Brian.

What the hell were they thinking running a commercial for next week's show before the last segment? It ruined the suspense and made it obvious Earl was getting evicted.

I noticed that too! I tried to change the channel in time, but alas, no dice. =\