TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Huge Smackdown Spoilers

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Well this match has great potential but I am surprised that no-one has mentioned the fact that Kurt Angle has torn his hamstring and has a dislocated shoulder and that these injuries will have an impact on the match.

This match is a bad idea, and there are a bunch of reasons why.

-Angle is not at 100%, due to his hamstring and his still-recovering neck

-Being on live TV, there will be commercial breaks which will take at least 10-12 minutes off the match

-There will more than likely be a McMahon and/or Hoss run-in

-Both Angle and Brock's inexperience in the ring won't help them as the match drags on

Guest Mulatto Heat

Well, I'm sure it'll get the fanbase talking and the live crowd cheering, but the elusive "*****" and the "greatest match of all time" monicker that has been pimped since December is another story....

As Marvin has already mentioned -

It didn't come across very clearly in the Spoilers that I've read, but after watching the show, it is very clear..

In two weeks, on Smackdown, there will be a 1 Hour Ironman Match between Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title.

Here's hoping they cram most of the commercial breaks in the other hour of Smackdown.

Except that this will be the 1.5 hour Smackdown, not a full 2-hour show.

Isn't next week (9/11) the 90-minute special?

Yep. I was counting this week's SD as part of the "in 2 weeks" part, which is incorrect. :bonk:

Guest thrall585
It didn't come across very clearly in the Spoilers that I've read, but after watching the show, it is very clear..

In two weeks, on Smackdown, there will be a 1 Hour Ironman Match between Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar for the WWF Title.

He doesn't even explain why there will be a 1 hour ironman match from watching the show. It "it is very clear". This is JUST what he thinks, he gives NO source at all, so do not believe this until you see it from a reliable source. Incredible how you people can always no sell when somebody gives no source or doesn't say what exactly happened. If he said Vince on Smackdown said the match won't be a short ironman but a LONG ironman, that would be fine, but just saying "it is clear" from watching the show it will be 1 hour, isn't.

Edited by thrall585

Guest Ram

In two weeks, on Smackdown, there will be a 1 Hour Ironman Match between Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar for the WWF Title.

He doesn't even explain why there will be a 1 hour ironman match from watching the show. It "it is very clear". This is JUST what he thinks, he gives NO source at all, so do not believe this until you see it from a reliable source. Incredible how you people can always no sell when somebody gives no source or doesn't say what exactly happened. If he said Vince on Smackdown said the match won't be a short ironman but a LONG ironman, that would be fine, but just saying "it is clear" from watching the show it will be 1 hour, isn't.

Marvin gets the Smackdown feed on his satellite before it airs normally.

You remember when Nitro put Hogan/Goldberg on TV instead of PPV and ended up regretting it in the long run?

*points to this match as indication that the same thing might be happening to Vincie Poo*

Guest thrall585
Marvin gets the Smackdown feed on his satellite before it airs normally.

My first sentence in my post was "He doesn't even explain why there will be a 1 hour ironman match from watching the show." NO SOLD!

I didnt want to spoil any more of tonights Smackdown than I had to, so I'll put this in spoiler tags..

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Vince McMahon announces that Kurt Angle will defend his title, 2 weeks from tonight, "Right here in this very ring" as usual. He basically rewards Brock Lesnar with the #1 Contendership for interfering in the Angle/Taker match earlier in the night, and then he announces that it won't be an ordinary championship match, it will be a 1 Hour Iron Man Match. "Whoever scores the most pinfalls in an hour will undoubtedly be the Champion."

The reason I put its very clear is because none of the spoilers I had read were specific in how long the Iron Man match was going to be, and most people were asuming 30 minutes, but from that it is clear that it will in fact be 1 hour.

Did anyone think Rock and HHH could go an hour at Judgement Day. Sure...it had interference at the end. But I think they handled that Iron Man quite well.

Question is, will this one be a HBK/Bret style less falls is more...or a Rock/HHH style the more falls the better Iron Man Match.

Definitely the latter. Neither of these guys had the egos that Hart and Michaels, and the bookers have to know that all the pinfalls/submissions will all add drama to the match.

Guest Choken One

They HAVE to go the Rock/HHH route on this one if anything...

Multple Falls to keep the crowd alive, Innovative stuff as well...Shawn and Bret were two different beasts...they could do the zero pinfalls and make it work for them but it won't work for angle/brock.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
It makes no damn sense for Lesnar to win it back already, hence that is what WWE will do. It's pretty stupid to have Brock Lesnar as champ for 5-6 months, lose the title for a month, and then regain it for another huge reign. That smacks of HHHism, and it's stupid.

It also makes no sense that he's back in No.1 contender spot so soon, he didn't even do anything to earn it.

His first reign was three months, then he chased it for four months, then he got a four month reign.

That's a dominant player, not HHH.

I definately think that they should save this match for the No Mercy PPV, but I'll take what I can get. I think this all about the rating. He's just trying to get a huge rating by putting on a PPV calibar match on regular TV.

Well, I have one thing to add to all of this. If Brock taps oin this match he REALLY needs to lay it on there like Kane when he taps or Rhyno. that wussy patting of the canvas bothers the shit out of me.

Where the hell does he go if he loses THIS match too? The only faces around he could be in feuds with need big wins MORE than he does! This is ass backwards.

Guest Choken One

Me thinks they booked the iron man so that the smackdown writers could write HHH's Bachelor Party during it.

Me thinks they booked the iron man so that the smackdown writers could write HHH's Bachelor Party during it.

:D :D :D :D

Why do i see HHH having Gerwitz write his wedding vows?

HHH: I love Stephanie, from the first day i met her to the time that my favourite superhero....

Or maybe hiring Russo to coardinate the wedding.

Stephanie and HHH exchange rings then... SWERVE~! The vicar hits HHH with <insert Russo object>

Sorry, can't resist a crack at trip sometimes..

Anyone else think Lesnar is in with a good chance of winning? Cole is always putting over in Angle's matches how 'the longer the match goes on, the more it is to Angle's advantage', which would seem to stack the deck in Kurt's favour...which makes me think Brock will take the surprise win (opinion formulated using McMahonologic TM).

Oh, and there will definely be a fair few falls. It won't work otherwise.

There wont be 11 falls like HHH/Rock, but there certainly won't be a 0-0 sudden death like the great Mania 12 match. 2-2, then a pin with only two or three seconds remaining, Unless they want to drag the angle out somewhat, which they obviously should, there might be a draw here.

Unless they want to drag the angle out somewhat, which they obviously should, there might be a draw here.

Good point. Although, doesn't an Iron Man match go into sudden death if there's no victor after 60 minutes, ala Bret/Shawn? Although I suppose it doesn't matter as this is WWE and all the fans are stupid and will have forgotten, right?

I think they can pull off an awesome match. Everyone was saying Rock/HHH didn't have the stamina or moveset to pull it off at Judgment Day 2000, but they did it and had an incredible match. I'm sure Brock/Angle can pull out at least a **** match here.

Guest Choken One

One of the things that made the Rock/HHH so great was how they busted out things they NEVER did or haven't done in forever...

Angle and Brock need to find some innovative spots that haven't been done or imitated...

They'll have to, the match will be a drag if they just use their usual spots and transitions. I'm pretty confident they will, though...look at the last match, Brock's Fishermans Buster was cool, and that weird figure four choke thing Angle did was certainly something new. And reversing the F5 into a tornado DDT was pretty sweet, when they did it right!

Hopefully as they've got plenty of time to prepare the match, they can come up with something very good.

It makes no damn sense for Lesnar to win it back already, hence that is what WWE will do. It's pretty stupid to have Brock Lesnar as champ for 5-6 months, lose the title for a month, and then regain it for another huge reign.

Well considering that Brock was supposed to hold the title until WM (and dropping it there) until Big Show's carelessness changed all that.

Allow me to play Captain Obvious for a minute:

UT will interfere at the end of the Iron Man to cause Lesnar to lose, thereby exacting revenge for last night's interference, setting in motion UT vs. Lesnar for the next PPV (No Mercy?). Expect interference from a returning Zach Gowen, which should result in an UT win, which eventually will transition to UT vs. Vince in this rumoured Buried Alive match at SurSer. I would imagine it might also lead to some sort of Lesnar/Gowen match at the same PPV.

Angle keeps the title, Lesnar doesn't lose too much heat, Taker gets his win back from last year's HIAC, and Vince gets to headline yet another PPV.

WW_ booking is so much easier when you turn off your brain.

Sure this match may not be the best idea...

But for that extra 40 minutes of airtime, it will be one less of the usual blah-ness of the WWE. It's something NEW (ok not really new since there's been 2 iron man matches before), but for Smackdown, its new. Maybe it'll backfire, but frankly, its worth the risk, with two generally good workers. It's something generally new and interesting and has ensured that I will set the timer for this show (since i have class on thursday night and do not bother usually).

"A one hour iron man match!? ON FREE TV!?"