TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

Incest laws for adults

Guest JMA

Incest. Sexual relations between family members. Usually it is a case of sexual abuse and rape of a child. But what I'm speaking of has nothing to do with children. What I'm speaking of has to do with two adults engaging in the action. What do you think the punishment should be for two people over 18 engaging in this action? This is a controversial and touchy subject, so I understand if some people might wanna skip this discussion.

The question is what inspired it.

I...I really think I should wait this one out and see what someone else says. I never give much thought to it.

[insert Ripper being from Alabama joke m'yeah]

Guest JMA
The question is what inspired it.

I...I really think I should wait this one out and see what someone else says. I never give much thought to it.

[insert Ripper being from Alabama joke m'yeah]

<------ is from Alabama

(hangs head in shame)

I've said previously (in the sodomy law thread, I believe) that I don't think the government should be regulating the activity in people's bedrooms. I stand by that.

However, since so many incest cases are rape, I wouldn't object to a slightly stronger sentence being served if rape was declared, a case was started, and it was found to be incest.

Guest Retro Rob

If both of the participants are consenting (and over 18), than no one has the right to stop them. Sure you might not agree with it, but we've had similiar conversations in the LSD folder when it came to hardcore sex and fetishes. As long as no one is hurt by it there is no reason for it to be made illegal. Obviously, if the incest is also rape, then appropriate legal action should follow.

However, since so many incest cases are rape, I wouldn't object to a slightly stronger sentence being served if rape was declared, a case was started, and it was found to be incest.

Just like hate crimes, that woud demean the victims of "regular" rape.

I agree, though, sick as it seems, that consensual incest should not be regulated. The gov't should stay out of the bedroom, provided there is no violence.

Have to disagree with the ostensibly libertarian attitude in this thread. There is a perfectly valid social interest in reducing genetic birth defects in the population through the regulation of inbreeding.

Guest JMA

I tend to agree with what everyone has said. If it's consensual, and the participants are legal, everything is okay.

Consensuality is also questionable in such relationships. Parents always have influence over their children. Determining whether such influence is undue, excessive, or improper would be impossible. The certain harm far outweighs the good that might result.

As long as no one is hurt by it there is no reason for it to be made illegal.

But children are hurt by it. Not ones that currently exist, mind you, but if I'm not mistaken (And I don't think I am, because Marney pointed out the same thing) inbreeding can lead to birth defects in children.

Thus, it causes harm, and shouldn't be allowed.

No it wouldn't. Incest rape is more traumatic than regular rape, but not a whole lot so. I know from the cases I've talked to personally, and I'm sure if a study was done it would reach the same conclusion.

Guest Retro Rob

No it wouldn't. Incest rape is more traumatic than regular rape, but not a whole lot so. I know from the cases I've talked to personally, and I'm sure if a study was done it would reach the same conclusion.

Try telling that to the "regular" rape victims. Trust me, it won't fly.

Birth defects can come out of incest, but I believe that once you get past the whole direct family members (parents, siblings) the odds of it decrease a lot.

Birth defects can come out of incest, but I believe that once you get past the whole direct family members (parents, siblings) the odds of it decrease a lot.

In the first generation, yes. Then say that generation does the same thing, ie: boy fucks mom, inbred daughter fucks her father/half-brother. Her child will have an exponentially higher risk of birth defects. Since acceptance of such practices would be limited in scope, the likelihood is that they would be confined to small and probably self-contained communities. Over time the population of such communities would inevitably degenerate.

There is a perfectly valid social interest in reducing genetic birth defects in the population through the regulation of inbreeding.

But here's the million dollar question: Do you believe that it is honestly the government's job to control that kind of thing?

They might not believe it, but with enough circumstantial evidence, there's not a whole lot they can do to argue against it.

I wasn't aware that there were definitive ways to measure exactly how much tramua one experiences from different events.

It's just silly to say that one group is going to be more effected as fact, since all people work differently, and what can drive one person insane, could just make another slightly uncomfortable.

JotW is actually correct in a limited sense. From a psychological perspective, rape can certainly be more traumatic when a family member is the criminal - it's a deeper betrayal, a worse violation of trust, and its repercussions can tear families apart. But being raped by a stranger or a casual acquaintance can be equally shattering under different circumstances.

In the end, criminal penalties shouldn't be based on the emotional trauma suffered by the victim. If one rape victim commits suicide after 4 months, and another goes back to her family and publishes a book about her experience to help other victims, should the criminal who attacked the second woman get a lighter sentence than criminal who attacked the first? Of course not. Penalties aren't assessed on the basis of a victim's emotional strength, resources, or support.

Unfortunately, I intentionally kept my emotions from dictating my beliefs when writing my first reply, but didn't do the same hours later when replying to Spicy.

My original intention for a "incest bonus" on sentencing was because, like you, I don't think the government should be encouraging incest sex, but like the sodomy law situation, I don't think they should be breaking down bedroom doors and invading people's homes to stop it unless someone called 911 and cried rape.

Looking at my discussion on emotional impact in hindsight, I really can't figure out why I posted that. :huh:

Unfortunately, I intentionally kept my emotions from dictating my beliefs when writing my first reply, but didn't do the same hours later when replying to Spicy.

My original intention for a "incest bonus" on sentencing was because, like you, I don't think the government should be encouraging incest sex, but like the sodomy law situation, I don't think they should be breaking down bedroom doors and invading people's homes to stop it unless someone called 911 and cried rape.

Looking at my discussion on emotional impact in hindsight, I really can't figure out why I posted that. :huh:

However if it is a parent/relative etc having an incestous relationship with a child I'm assuming you want that door busted down faster than the French run from Germany correct?

However if it is a parent/relative etc having an incestous relationship with a child I'm assuming you want that door busted down faster than the French run from Germany correct?

If you mean an underage child, you betcha, no matter how related or unrelated the adult may be.

Guest stardust

In the first generation, yes. Then say that generation does the same thing, ie: boy fucks mom, inbred daughter fucks her father/half-brother. Her child will have an exponentially higher risk of birth defects. Since acceptance of such practices would be limited in scope, the likelihood is that they would be confined to small and probably self-contained communities. Over time the population of such communities would inevitably degenerate.

Okay, forgive me because I'm extremely tired and can't remember all of the details (or even the name right now) and my notes are two hours away, but last semester I learned about a chromosomal sex disorder that is actually caused by inbreeding. It was this confined case in this little town in I do believe the Dominican Republic, where a lot of inbreeding occured. If I'm remembering correctly, the children were born as females, and were raised as females. Then, some time around puberty, instead of starting menstruating and developing breasts, their testes would drop and their clitoris would basically turn into a penis.

I knew I should've brought those damned notes with me back to school...

Guest Eddie

i have been to that city i think its near Barahona but i havent seen anyone naked there so i dont know if its true i have heard legends though

There is a perfectly valid social interest in reducing genetic birth defects in the population through the regulation of inbreeding.

Ah, but that protects the unborn, and we all know that's hands-off for the gov't.

EDIT: For Tom....I am 100% opposed to abortion.

Edited by Spicy McHaggis