TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

BATMAN CAST!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Superherohype.com

Ain't-It-Cool-News reports that Christian Bale has signed to star in Christopher Nolan's Batman movie! Villain details are included as well...

Moments ago it was decided and sealed.... Christian Bale will be BATMAN in Christopher Nolan's BATMAN. I also have it confirmed that Ras Al Ghul will definitely be a villain in the film, though there may be a possibility of a small part to be played by the Scarecrow. Also the film will have a good deal to do with London this time out. But fanboys and girls... you got your wish. BALE is BATMAN! Now Celebrate!

-------------------------------

Batman vs. Ra's = Greatest comic film ever.

Guest El Satanico

I can't complain.

I just googled Ras Al Ghul and he looks like he'd be a good villian. What's his story?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I can't complain.

I just googled Ras Al Ghul and he looks like he'd be a good villian. What's his story?

Ra's is an immortal despot who lives forever because he periodically dips himself in "Lazerus Pits" around the world. His goal is to drastically reduce the world's population to improve the enviroment, and to rule the survivors with Batman (who he calls "The Detective") as his heir.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

If I remember, Batman is one of two humans to ever defeat Ra's, the other being Sherlock Holmes.

Guest El Satanico

This movie has the potential to be great.

An interesting villian that should result in a mature themed Batman movie. A director who likely isn't afraid to keep it dark and moody.

Yes...this should be a good combination.

fucking yay! I like Nolan better than Tim Burton or Schumacher (sp?), I like Bale better than Keaton, or Clooney (Keaton never did anything besides Batman that I liked, Clooney only did one movie that I liked), this could be the best Batman movie yet

While AICN is good for scoops and such, I'm taking this with a couple of grains of salt until we've got official confirmation.

With that being said...

If it IS Ra's Al Ghul as the baddie then I guess his daughter (Talia? I can't remember... must be a Thursday) would be the token Love Interest here. And hopefully they won't kill him off...

I haven't seen enough of Bale's work to know if he'll be a good Batman, but if the rumours are true then I applaud Nolan for avoiding the flavours-of-the-month for casting.

Well, I can't find an actual press release, but here's a copy of the press release, courtesy of Newsarama.com

BALE IS BATMAN

According to a press release, Christain Bale will follow in the footsteps of Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney when he assumes the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman on the silver screen in the upcoming Batman movie directed by Christopher Nolan. The Warner Brothers’ press release follows:

Christian Bale has been cast in the starring role of Bruce Wayne in Warner Bros. Pictures' upcoming Batman movie, to be directed by Christopher Nolan and produced by Emma Thomas. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of production for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Principal photography on the film is expected to begin in early 2004. The movie is written by David Goyer and Nolan, and will follow the early career of The Dark Knight.

Said Nolan, "What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne. He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for."

Robinov stated, "Now that we've found the best person to play Batman, we are really looking forward to moving ahead with the rest of our casting, and are excited about the exceptional group we are assembling."

Bale, who first drew critical attention for his starring role in "Empire of the Sun," has starred in such diverse motion pictures as "Little Women," "The Portrait of a Lady, "Metroland," "American Psycho" and "Laurel Canyon."

Moments ago it was decided and sealed.... Christian Bale will be BATMAN in Christopher Nolan's BATMAN. I also have it confirmed that Ras Al Ghul will definitely be a villain in the film, though there may be a possibility of a small part to be played by the Scarecrow. Also the film will have a good deal to do with London this time out. But fanboys and girls... you got your wish. BALE is BATMAN! Now Celebrate!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Bale was the best choice for Bats. Long live Patrick Batman!

Crowe would be just all wrong for Rha's. Gary Oldman is not a bad suggestion, but I'm not sure he's believable as a physical threat.

who I'd cast as Ra's Al Ghul

Willem DaFoe

Daniel Day-Lewis (I know he wouldn't do it)

Alan Rickman

can't think of any more

of course, it's been YEARS since I've seen any of the cartoons, so I'm just going by the little bit that I remember

Guest Big_Jay101

Johnny Deep could be Rau al or whatever his name is. He might have the look but is too young probably, i hope they go with 1 villain instead of 2

Guest El Satanico

I'd say every actor like Connery will be mentioned, as the guy looks like he'd be played by a "sophisticated english man" type of actor.

Yes, I know that Connery isn't English and that he'd likely kick my ass for grouping him with them.

Badass. Bale should make a perfect Batman, especially if they go dark with this movie.

Why do I see Al Pacino being Ghul here? The man made A Keanu Reeves movie badass at some parts.

Meh, to be cute they should cast Adam West as Ghul.

I feel ya, playa.

He'd get a twenty minute rant scene that wouldn't add to the story, and then u wouldn't see the character in the movie, u'd see Al Pacino.

Alan Rickman plays a good villian...and the guy is pretty much to the point in his roles.

BTW, anyway check the extra on the Die Hard dvd where u can recreate the "who said we were terrorists?" scene's camera shots, and even certain lines? There's a kickass option where he answers the "what kind of terrorists are you?" with, "...capitalist terorists"