TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HVilleThugg

SWF Awards Help

CC needs everyone's help to determine the nominations for PPV Match of the Year. Please post your ideas to this topic. Please only post new ideas...do not validate or "second" someone else's choices...this isn't a vote. Please post a reason for your nomination.

Da "sheesh we need help" H

Frost vs. TNT vs. Flesher at Battleground-Flesher did a great job of working all three men and storylines in while delivering an intense matchup

TNT's Clusterfuck match-Clusterfucks get automatic bids on just how hard they are to write and TNT did a fantastic job on keeping the action clear and booking the eliminations.

Window Pain Match: Frost vs. Flesher from Ground Zero-It's the bad damn thing I ever wrote and you better fucking recognize!

Ok....not that everyone will do this, and I know Frost was joking...but I want to make it clear...this is not a thread where you should be looking to promote your own matches or to talk about what matches were decent that you wrote. This is a thread to make nomination for PPV Match of the year...what match do you think shoudl win match of the year! Please don't fill this thread up with "I really liked my Last Man Standing Match with Francis...it's not the best match, but it was hard to write and fun".

Please don't do that...the threads will get too cluttered, and we don't have time to weed through that stuff.

ONLY POST SERIOUS NOMINATIONS!

Da "Will only say it once" H

Thoth vs Tom Flesher for the WF Title, where Thoth won. Showed he wasn't rusty and had the mad skillz to beat Flesher and break his winning streak.

No, I seriously was nominating myself, although my reason was joking. I don't see why we can't nominate ourself if we do feel that we wrote a good match, which I do in this instance. True someone else might nominate that match, but again maybe not. These awards are supposed to be about self recognition and celebration of the fed, so why can't we attempt to celebrate ourselves with just cause?

Thoth vs Tom Flesher for the WF Title, where Thoth won. Showed he wasn't rusty and had the mad skillz to beat Flesher and break his winning streak.

I don't think that was a ppv match, I believe it occured on a Storm. Don't have time to check now, I'm sure Thugg will know.

Guest Evolution

Since I have a sliver of time to browse the boards, I'll chip in my nomination.

El Luchador Magnifico vs. TNT for the SWF World Title at From The Fire

TNT literally put his life on the line for this match, and it paid off in a big way in the end.

You know, I should have thought of this a few minutes ago. I would like to nominte Tod vs. TNT in Tod's retirement match. It was a nice way for Tod to go out and wrap up over a year of storyline. While Tod clearly admits that the wrestling might not have been five stars, the entertainment value certainly was.

Now, Tod can just nominate the window pain match and everything is cool. Of course, I understand that not all nominations will make the final ballot, but it doesn't hurt to get the names that should be recognized out ther for due consideration.

Tom vs. TBS, where Tom beat me in the 2/3 falls match at 13th Hour, was INCREDIBLY well-written. I really loved that match.

I second the nomination of penis dance party.

And, since Genesis III wasn't included in the nominations from last year, Edwin vs. Raynor from Genesis III, which I know is Z's personal favorite.

Edited by Edwin MacPhisto

Just to be clear Frost...I'm not saying you can't nominate yourself. You certainly can...I was just trying to nip something in the bud before it happened...cause a lot of times, threads like these turn into a discussion of good matches or this match I wrote or that match I wrote and how I liked writing it and blah, blah, blah...I don't want that. I don't want to get into a discussion of fun matches you liked writing or matches that weren't that good, but you had fun...that's all...i just don't want that. If you think your match should be up for match of the year, then go right ahead and nominate it...that's fine. I'm not saying that either you nor Tod did what I said above...just your posts reminded me of something I wanted to say when I posted the thread...that's all.

It all boils down to...I want serious nominations...not a discussion of particular matches you wrote that you don't think will have a shot at winning, but you wanted to mention anyway.

Da "hope that clears it up" H

PS - AND DIDN'T I JUST SAY, STRANGLER, NOT TO "SECOND" OTHER PEOPLE'S NOMINATIONS!?! THIS IS NOT A VOTE DAMMIT...IF EVERYONE STARTS TO SECOND THINGS OR AGREE WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S NOMINATIONS, THEN THERE'LL BE NO POINT TO VOTE CAUSE THE WINNER WILL BE DECIDED RIGHT HERE ON THIS THREAD.

PPS - Sorry for the caps...it was on from something else I was writing.

Thugg, what are you talking about? I see nothing wrong with Strangler's second. Maybe you should take a little closer look and see what he's actually seconding.

Da "moddy moddy mod skills" E

Danny Williams vs. Mak Francis, Ironman match. Even though Danny said he had to rush it, it was a fantastic match nonetheless. Great selling, sequences, and storyline.

I do thank you for clearing that up Thugg, and indeed I do think the window pain match is a great match and could have a shot at winning. I would appreciate CC greatest consideration on it for a nomination.

It was a while ago, so I'd like to remind everyone of Tom vs. Orochi for the ICTV Title at Ashes 2 Ashes. For your consideration, the match was written in the first person and was meant to help tell the story of Thoth turning into Orochi and developing new personality quirks. Take a look at it.

I hate to do this...but what the hell.

I'm scared that the novelity of the Iron Man match may attract more attention than it deserves, so I'd like to remind the voters of Williams/Drazon SWF Battleground which I feel is superior to it in every way.

The story of the match has been told many times before, most notably by Hokuto and Kandori. However what makes the match unique from anything that's ever been done in not only the SWF, but real life(as far as I know) is the unique way it's constructed. It's about a 30 minute traditionally built Pro Style match that uses nothing but strikes and one submission hold.

The only thing even close to that is maybe Hansen/Kawada 93 Excite Series, but even in that match they use Boston Crabs, Chinlocks, Powerbombs, and Suplexes. It's the only match I ever wrote that I was completely satisfied with, and I think it's a worthy MOTYC.

Sorry for the ego trip, I will nominate a match that I didn't write when I get the time to narrow down my picks.

If Danny's not aloud to nominate himself, then I certainly will nominate Williams/Drazon -- it ruled it.

Also, Edwin/Raynor is the greatest of all time IMO, so that, if we're including Genesis III...

And self-whoring aside, I REALLY think teh Clusterfuck deserves a mention here. I've only really been proud of four matches I've ever written, and I think that that's probably the best. I mean, all of my personal effort factors and taking-three-days-off-of-school-and-almost-losing-my-girlfriend factors come into play with this nomination as well, but even with that aside, I still think the match was damn good, so please consider it, eh?

You know, I JUST remembered this one.

Clusterfuck, ELM vs Tom in Ladder/Submission. This was just a really superb match that affected my character for MONTHS. It was excellent and deserves a mention.

Now that we're sure that Genesis matches count -- you have no choice, you HAVE to nominate Edwin/Raynor.

Oh oh oh, and STASH THE ASH~!

EDIT: And Wilson/Divefire from Genesis kicked so much ass, too.

Edited by 5_moves_of_doom