TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse

The Rock's interview on UPN9 New York

In the NY area, they had an interview with The Rock talking about The Rundown, and a supposedly shocking offer by Vinnie Mac to keep Rocky in the WWE.

It was just him promoting his movie and talking about that scene with the monkey. Well, after a while, they dived into his wrestling career, and what is the future. He was told by Vince that he could treat the WWE as a toy box. He can come back and play WHENEVER he wanted. The Rock said he will be kicking someone's ass again. I'm guessing he will be back.

I think most WWE wrestlers think Hollywood has COMPLETELY gotten to Rock now. C'mon, a TOY BOX!?!?!

If he came back, I'm sure it would be good for business. Although, if he keeps up a pattern of come-go-come-go, the fans are going to tire of it and not care as much.

Myself, it really doesn't matter to me that much. Never was a big Rock fan. "Corporate Rock" I dug, but his face run really did nothing for me. His last heel run was good, though.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I don't like that and I know that other's don't either, but you can't deny it's great for business when he's back.

I bet Triple H shits his pants when he hears that.

The guy has worked so hard to squirm his way into a position of unrivalled power, and then Vince turns around and tells Rocky he can treat the WWE like his own personal playground.

I love it.

The guy has worked so hard to squirm his way into a position of unrivalled power, and then Vince turns around and tells Rocky he can treat the WWE like his own personal playground.

I love it.

I bet Rock said that just to piss the hell out of Hunter.

I so bet it.

Besides, he's also gotta entertain and shit, so I don't think it's his ego... At least I hope not.

As I've said before, I'd rather him never to come back if he's only going to be around for a couple of months or less at a time.

It does nothing for WWE in the long term, and ends up meaning next to nothing.

It's just him taking up a spot of someone else, with no reasoning behind it at all.

Guest thrall585

I love it.

It took just over 4 years until Vince let HHH treat the WWE like his own personal playground. It has taken the Rock 7 years (when Vince believed that Rock has become an established name in Hollywood). HHH wasn't even screwing Steph when he got all his power.

I don't see the problem here.

After all, it's not like he'd be "taking someone else's spot"..because there isn't anyone getting a serious main event push now except Orton.

Don't worry, Rock wouldn't displace the oh-so "deserving" Benoit, Jericho, and company.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Well I don't care whether he does treat it like a toybox or whatever - I strongly believe Rocky wants what is good for business.

During his time back recently he did his best to help Hurricane, Christian, and Goldberg. I'm not saying that is what is best for business, but it shows a great willingness to help others on the show via his status.

Guest Salacious Crumb

So does this mean Rock will come back and spend a month trying to give a rub to a young guy so Trips can promptly beat him every week for a month afterwards?

Yeah, another interview with Rocky was done on a website called chron.com, something like that. He says that he is pretty much done with wrestling. He says there isn't much left for him to do in the WWE.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND ROCK!!!

chron.com would be the Houston Chronicle, which is the newspaper here.

"The Rock, 31, doesn't want to make a Scorpion King sequel, either, and he considers his wrestling career over. "There's not much left for me to do in wrestling," said the first seven-time World Wrestling Entertainment champ. "

Guest Loss

Rock is a wrestler, and just like any other wrestler, he's going to work us when he's making public appearances. Just because it's not on WWE programming does not mean it's real.

Wow, never thought I'd type that last sentence.

But the truth is that only Rock and Vince know what Rock's future holds as it relates to wrestling. Any public appearances are just working us both ways, which is to be expected.

I think back to Hogan saying he had a cameo in Nash's movie when he didn't and also saying that Booker T and Scott Hall received huge payments from the Time Warner settlement when neither was named in the case. Sometimes, they lie because they know no other way.

his latest time back was the least effective yet and any future returns would probably result in the same blandness. The Rock was great in his heyday, probably the best thing going in ProWrestling at that time, but it has passed and his character will never be as strong again because it is played out. He has been maxed out in character as a heel and a face. He got so much so fast, that there is no where else for him to go, ESPECIALLY since WWE is the only entity for Mainstream wrestling.

his latest time back was the least effective yet and any future returns would probably result in the same blandness. The Rock was great in his heyday, probably the best thing going in ProWrestling at that time, but it has passed and his character will never be as strong again because it is played out. He has been maxed out in character as a heel and a face. He got so much so fast, that there is no where else for him to go, ESPECIALLY since WWE is the only entity for Mainstream wrestling.

That isn't true. Austin's been doing the same thing for years, and he still gets good heat..despite his character being staler than anyone else's..except possibly the Dudleys.