TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Player of the Postseason so far for the Sox is easy...

MIKE TIMLIN!!! The dude has been nearly lights out throughout the postseason, showing his poise under pressure and just being great on the mound. If it wasn't for his relief pitching we may not be looking at a Game 7, maybe not even have won Game 6 either

That's what having a double World Series winner will do for you. It doesn't get much more pressure packed than saving the final game of the World Series with the tying run on third.

Who's the ALCS MVP going to be?

If the Yankees win, and Clemens wins and pitches decent. He wins. If he doesn't, I'm guessing Mariano Rivera.

For Boston Todd Walker or Tim Wakefield.

A special -- and final -- episode of "Chicago Hope" played out on Fox TV Wednesday night as the hapless Chicago Cubs were defeated in the seventh and deciding game of the National League championships by the Florida Marlins 9 to 6. The game averaged a 20.4 rating and a 29 share. The figures contrasted with a 9.1/13 for second-place NBC and a 7.5/11 for ABC. CBS trailed with a 5.9/8. Making a surprising showing despite the baseball draw was The WB's Smallville, which posted a 6.0/9 in the 8:00 hour to place third (behind the ballgame and ABC's My Wife and Kids).

imdb.com

That had to be one of the funniest , most unsuspecting things on national TV in a long time.

"Can you live in the city of Chicage anymore?"

"Uhh, Dan....Do you like Howard Stern's buttcheese....?

Signal off

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Good luck to the Red Sox fans, this is going to be a great game. I am going to try and be as impartial as I can to enjoy this legendary game.

Guest Choken One

winning tonight doesnt break the curse, the curse has a reverse effect for ALCS.

Guest Choken One

pedro looking crisp...

With all this incredible stuff, wouldn't a No Hitter/perfecto be a AWESOME ending for the ALCS?

Guest Choken One
Predictably, Soriano swings at anything that's within a foot of the plate and strikes out.

Makes you wonder how the guy gets 40/40 the first two years...