TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Eddie Guerrero get into a confrontation with a fan

Scott Carnegie sent this report.

Thought I'd let you know some details on what happened with Eddie Guerrero on the Smackdown house show in Winnipeg tonight.

I was a camera operator at the show and had a very good view. During the Los Guerreros and Basham Brothers match, Eddie was thrown against the railing. The fan in the front row who was directly behind him poured beer on him after about 2 seconds. Eddie was very upset and jumped the rail to go after the fan. The fan, a male who looked to be about 45 years old, started to take off. Eddie went after him and threw a couple of punches, not really landing any solid ones. While this was going on Chavo and the Bashams went into the crowd as well, staying back from the scuffle. Agents Arn Anderson and Jack Lanza came out to see what was happening. Security took the man away and Eddie came back to the ring. The whole timelasted about 2 minutes.

They were all standing around for a while not quite sure how to proceed, after a minute they continued with the match. Afterwards, Eddie asked for the house mic and apologized to the fans in Winnipeg for his actions. He said because of his past problems with alcohol abuse, he was really angry that the fellow did that to him. He then ripped on the guys friends that were still sitting in the front row, saying how they urged their friend to pour beer on him and how the fan laughed as he was being taken away, that they didn't realize the seriousness of it.

Eddie was over HUGE, even before this happened. After the fight fans cheered "Eddie" very loud and were solidly behind him.

Later I was talking to the referee (not sure who he was) and he commented on how they weren't sure what to do afterwards, whether he should stop the match. The office gave the signal to keep going and they continued the match. In the back Chavo said that Eddie was still very upset and had went outside to cool off. I talked to one of the WWE production guys (Mark) and he said that Eddie is a very strong Christian and felt bad for having attacked the fan, and that's why he wanted to apologize. Apparently Eddie had turned his head to look up (he was crouched down at the railing) to see who was talking about pouring beer on him, and when the fan poured the beer on him he got a mouthful of it.

This will affect his push and you ALL know it.

The last time Eddy attacked a fan he was put into a feud with the #1 face in the company.

So yes- We ALL know it

Guest Mulatto Heat

Umm, Barron, your chronology is out of whack there. Eddie's feud with Austin began the previous week.

Anyway, I think Eddie gave the fan too much credit in the grey matter department. The fan probably poured beer on him because he's an idiot, not because Eddie had a drinking problem.

Guest Quik

I love the Smark mentality. If HHH did this, everybody would be calling for his head. Meanwhile Eddy does it and it's understandable. Bullshit. He ran through the crowd, running after the fan and chasing him, and then started throwing punches. I mean, I like Eddy and all, but what an idiot; he should control his damn temper. I could see if he just turned around and popped him quickly or something like that, but to actually go out of his way to ignore his job (putting on the match in the ring), running through the crowd and leaving your partner and opponents high and dry in the ring is completely stupid, unproffesional, and irresponsible.

No wrestler should have to deal with getting beer poured on him while he's trying to work. Does somebody go to your job and pour beer in your face while you're pushing papers ? The fan was just trying to be a prick and he got what he deserved.

Plus, I mean, Eddie is a recovering alcoholic - and he just got beer poured in his mouth by some asshole. The fan really should have gotten the shit beaten out of him. Total disrespect he showed and I'm glad he got some payback for it.

Eddie and the fan were both in the wrong in my opinion. Attacking the fan just for a beer is completely idiotic.

I was all set to use the Goldberg/Eddie double standards arguement when I got here, knowing everyone would side with Eddie.

But seeing what happened, Eddie had every right IMO. I mean, it's not just the fact the guy was a total fucking twat, but for it to be beer thrown on him, it's like a red rag to a bull.

I doubt the guy doing this knew Eddie was a recovered alcoholic, but still. Plus you could argue heat of the moment for Eddie and all that.

Saying that, the guy'll try and claim for loss of earnings or something stupid like that...

Guest Quik
Does somebody go to your job and pour beer in your face while you're pushing papers ?

No, but my job doesn't include wrestling in front of 45,000 people. It comes with the job, people are going to be pricks and you have to have the self-control to ignore stupid assholes and finish your job.

I love the Smark mentality. If HHH did this, everybody would be calling for his head.

Oh, here we go again. :rolleyes:

Tell ya what, if/when he does it, then bring this up. In the meantime, shut up.

Yeah, both were in the wrong. However, if a minor incident can be used as an excuse to majorly hurt someone's career, that's okay?

If Trips did this, he wouldn't be punished at ALL.

Eddy should have to pay a fine probably for it, but shouldn't have to pay for this seriously career-wise.

Umm, Barron, your chronology is out of whack there. Eddie's feud with Austin began the previous week.

Anyway, I think Eddie gave the fan too much credit in the grey matter department. The fan probably poured beer on him because he's an idiot, not because Eddie had a drinking problem.

I know it did-

But Eddy was getting pushed then and it continued- and I don't see his push ending now.

I totally understand what Eddy did here- I don't see what was wrong with what he did and I wouldn't care if HHH did it either if he had a history of alcohol abuse

No wrestler should have to deal with getting beer poured on him while he's trying to work. Does somebody go to your job and pour beer in your face while you're pushing papers ? The fan was just trying to be a prick and he got what he deserved.

Plus, I mean, Eddie is a recovering alcoholic - and he just got beer poured in his mouth by some asshole. The fan really should have gotten the shit beaten out of him. Total disrespect he showed and I'm glad he got some payback for it.

In general, I am so sick of most wrestling fans that I more than stand behind Eddie on this one. The guy in the front row was an asshole who had this coming, I just wish Eddie had connected with more punches. This entire story just makes me respect Eddie more and I am glad that he showed he was the bigger man by apologizing to the crowd. I would love to see Eddie vs Brock at Survivor Series.

Guest Quik
In general, I am so sick of most wrestling fans that I more than stand behind Eddie on this one. The guy in the front row was an asshole who had this coming, I just wish Eddie had connected with more punches. This entire story just makes me respect Eddie more and I am glad that he showed he was the bigger man by apologizing to the crowd. I would love to see Eddie vs Brock at Survivor Series.

WHAT? HE ATTACKED A FAN! HE CHASED HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF A MATCH! IT'S LUDICROUS!

When Flair smashed Jericho's guitar and nearly killed that fan in the front row, would the fan have been right had he jumped over the rail to beat the shit out of Flair?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Does $40 a ticket cover disrespecting the wrestlers?

I don't think so.

Wrestlers are human beings too, they don't deserve to be treated like shit. Throwing shit, punching, spitting, or pouring beer should NEVER happen. Its downright disrespectful. Give them the finger or something, don't do them physical harm.

Sorry, but I still don't think Eddie should of attacked the fan. Unless he was physically provoked or in danger (like that one fan that pushed him off the ladder during his match with RVD on the 05/27/02 Raw) he should of kept his cool. He could of yelled at him, but not attack him.

Guest Super Pissed Smark
If HHH did this, everybody would be calling for his head.

Chase somebody? I'd like to see Crips try!

Oh, and--

EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!

Guest Quik
Did Flair do that to be a dick? No

This fan did

Well, it can be considered dick to do something as stupid as smash a guitar on a ring post. Because we all know the force of a wooden body hitting a metal ringpost wouldn't cause a shitload of crap to go flying in a random direction. :rolleyes:

God I love Ric Flair.