TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Woolery

GENESIS (And Countdown To) Comments!

First, super mad props go to IL, for succeeding where I have failed and FINALLY winning the belt in the main event of Countdown. You've done well, young one.

Also, props to everyone else who has won so far and will win later tonight. That show got me psyched for Genesis, and the big show itself shouldn't be a letdown.

Under my tyrannical reign as head JL booker, the following things have happened:

Two Australians have won the title and been bumped.

Three Englishmen have held the title and been bumped, thusly destroying the fed-wide plans of Total American Supremecy.

Mike Van Siclen has had a world title reign and been bumped.

Thor has had a world title reign.

Spike Jenkins has had a world title reign.

And now, Insane Luchadore has kicked off his world title reign.

Man, Iceman should come back. He might with the title with the way I run things.

Seriously, though, m4d pr0ps to IL for getting it done after three years of constant trying and consistant improvement. And you thought you could never do it. Pwah.

In lesser headlines, Brian Bowers, Landon Maddix and Todd Royal continue to impress me a lot. It was a reasonably close affair, but I thought Royal's match was EXCELLENT. The excecution is abstract from your standard match involving a ladder, which gives it a very fresh feeling. Worth reading for those of you who'd like a warmup before Genesis.

No-show count: 2, and one was EngDrag, who wasn't expected to write for this anyway. Damn good work, JLers!

-Z

Guest Korgath

When Brian Kingsmen (damnimstupid) PMed me last week and told me he couldn't show, I thought I'd lost my chance to win at Countdown.

Think about it... Liston and McLennan were going to SHOW, dammit! I'm just glad I won.

Mad props to IL for returning and dominating in such spectacular fashion. It must have been SO close for Aecas. I don't wanna empathise with the marker one bit.

To the rest of my fellow SJL workers... excellent job. Now let's wait for Genesis.

Guest Insanityman

What a show. Todd Royal's match was awesome, Bower's ending (all I got around too) was impressive and the rest of the show I skimmed and looked totally solid. Big thumbs up to all the winners. Can't wait for Genesis.

I reiterate props for IL and I hope I was the first to congrat him AIM-style... but I dunno...

Congrats on all the other winners...and I hope sooner or later I'll be able to come back and kick some royal ass *wink wink nudge nudge*

Guest ToddRoyal

Holy Wow.

First of all...Poor Matt Kivell. He reffed almost every match!

On a more serious note...Congrats to the Loco Luchador, with Manson and Aecas in his near future he's not going to have an easy run of it, but I'm sure he'll provide some really fun moments.

Congrats to Bowers for a fun hardcore match, and to Korgath for carrying a tag match all by himself. It oughta be interesting writing a match against the HOSS from Azeroth as opposed to all the cruisers I'm used to facing.

Oh, and huge props to Landon Maddix. I knew I had to put on my working boots to beat you man, and I'm looking forward to reading your version of Maddix/Royal II.

And that's just the PREshow. Here's to an even better Genesis.

Guest Aecas

Congratulations on a good win IL.

Maybe this will teach you to stop underestimating your writing abilities eh? :)

In lesser headlines, Brian Bowers, Landon Maddix and Todd Royal continue to impress me a lot. It was a reasonably close affair, but I thought Royal's match was EXCELLENT.

Me too, so congrats first to Todd...to be honest, I didn't expect to win with my match...it just felt too spotty IMO. I'll put it on the loser match thread soon enough for you to read Todd anyway.

And congrats to I-L, Bowers, Manson...and to Korgath. Hopefully this'll be a good kick-start for ya.

Star of the night...whoever wrote the opening with Ejiro's national anthem. :lol:

Now...it's just time to wait patiently for Genesis.

I just wanna apologize. I had something epic and huge and grandiose and... other words like that, but I got halfway done and hit a brick wall.

So instead I just beat up Ben Hardy.

Sorry.

:(

Let's start with that American Gladiators match, which I had the pleasure to mark. Truly great, truly sweet - and a great internal storyline in the winning match with tag partner mayhem, and the BEST USE OF A CARGO NET EVER IN AN SWF MATCH!!!

...Okay, that kinda goes without saying, but man, the cargo net spots are pretty incredible nonetheless. Congrats boys!

Things that stood out in my mind on the first read:

Strangler's long promo in the middle of the show. Read it.

Ejiro's opening match. Only Ejiro could do that to open the biggest PPV of the year and still not only make it not suck but make it incredible. Also, his entrance rocked.

Edwin/Silent, but we knew that would be excellent.

Dace winning the Commissionership match. Jesus, talk about your rub.

And Danny/TNT.

DOn't get me wrong, though... everything on that show was incredible. WFers, I salute you.

Guest Insanityman

Christ, what a show~! Standing ovation to every god damn SJL'er, SWF'er, and everyone even remotely helping out for this PPV. Never has a show even been so great and Countdown was impressive way to kick things off. Things that just popped into my mind- hell, I got no homework and nothing to do tonight so I'll prolly post some better comments... but this will do for now.

~Tom retains- in a dddaammmnnn good and enjoyable match. I've also wondered about the turn idea and only Taamo could pull it off so well. His match told a great story and the ending to it was a great visual.

~Edwin/Silent- BAM and I mean that as in "God damn I was expecting something great and this exceeded it." Because I was around in chat when Silent wasn't struggling but wasn't exactly enjoying himself. I completely marked out for the very end and even though I didn't read the whole thing what I did read (more than half) was so incredibly impressive considering Silent sounded drained.

~Erek Taylor returning- CCCRRAAZZZYYY! I know TBS put in a lot of work for it and it was worth it. I rooted for TBS the first time and I will this time again.

~TNT/Danny- Just wow, sorry to admit I only skimmed and read the ending, but it was very enjoyable and I'll for sure read it all the way through, savoring each word as I go.

~Commish match- I only read the VERY ending and the results, but it makes the angle end where it should've.

~American Gladiator's promo before- (Y)! (Y)! (Y)! I was a huge watcher of that show so everything just fell into a big ole' trip down memory lane.

~AG match- The spots were excellent, damn excellent. The final spot took me a moment where I paused and reread, making sure I read correctly. In the good way as in "holy shit I wish I thought of that."

~Dace's promo- Dace, you've improved so much since your SJL work. The description was dead on and the whole thing had the creepy vibe. And I pretend to know what a good creepy vibe is.

~Ejiro- You, simply put, rule. You took the opening match and made it a great match, which actually hooked me into deciding to at one point read the whole monstrous show.

~WC/Johnny- DUB-CEE! Awesome match and WC's always been a favorite of mine (no really he has, no brown spot on my nose).

Opening package- Sup-fucking-erb.

I know I might be missing a few things and take nothing personal- it was a bit more than a skim for the most part and now I'm just trying to recall.

For the first time in a long time, I miss being part of this federation. That was, without a doubt, the finest show the SWF has ever produced. The entire show just has an incredibly epic feel, one that is built by fantastic matches, remarkable promos and incredible returns (Taylor! X~! ).

You guys should be very proud of yourselves. This is the culmination of months of hard work, and I don't think it could have turned out any better. Excellent, excellent job.

Now get some sleep. You've done enough writing and reading to last you a month. ;)

Edited by El Luchadore Magnifico

I haven't read all the show, I just skimmed for results. My congradulations to the winners of each match, particularly Double Jeopardy, extremely nice work. However, it hurts to know that my writing was not part of the best show that the SWF will probably ever produce.

Guest Suicide King

Wow... so many wonderful, wonderful tings to comment on. I'll start with Countdown. JLers, you put together a great show, a really great spectacle. Congrats to IL. I told you you could do it. ;) Congrats to JLCC for doing a great job on organizing and posting it, and congrats to the entire JL for a great read and a great time! I and the rest of the WF really appreciate it, and we are more eager than ever to see the next generation of WFers. :)

On to Genesis. Wow. Just... wow.

So many thanks to give out. The tales of the tape were thoughtfully provided by Z, and muchos gracias to him. That fantastic opening's original framework was provided by Ejiro, and its final form was provided by Outcast who did a STELLAR job. Thanks to all our retirees who came out of the woodwork to make Genesis special, particularly Thoth, Frost, and ELM. Fantastic matches across the board people, and the losing matches that I have had the privilege to read were all exceptional to say the least. Easily our best show ever. Great matches, and an obscene amount of great promos from everyone across the board.

It was amazing. Just amazing.

I just wanna apologize. I had something epic and huge and grandiose and... other words like that, but I got halfway done and hit a brick wall.

So instead I just beat up Ben Hardy.

Sorry.

:(

grrrrrr....

I hunted through the show FIVE TIMES looking for that...and all you could do was beat up BEN F'N HARDY...

I'm taking away your season pass!

ELM: It wasn't Wilson. It was just a swerve to throw some people off the trail.

Well, it worked.

*editing*

Guest ErekT2k3

That's what a month of planning will do for ya.

The show is sooo long, so I'll comment after I read everything. I just wanna say that Strangler wrote most of the promo so he deserves all the credit.