TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The theme music decline.

Guest Anglesault

What the hell is with all the horrible theme music that's been showing up on Raw lately?

If it's not completely generic (Christian, Coach) it's absolutely terrible.

What is that NOISE that Lita uses, and why is the guy screaming the whole time? Does he think that makes his lousy song better?

And why was Evolution's superior theme dropped for this shit? They had a great (if generic) theme, but it was decided to add lyrics that make NO SENSE! Why is Evolution a balance beam, and what does that have to do with HHH? What the hell is this man trying to say?

What the hell happened to the music that could actually be released on a CD?

Now we have a screaming Lita fan and a song that yells "Evolution is your Listerine"

Now we have a screaming Lita fan and a song that yells "Evolution is your Listerine"

Really ? I always thought it went:

"EVOLUTION IS YOUR ENERGY DRINK

YOU CAN GET IT FROM YJ STING

IT GIVES YOU THE POWER TO SHOOT BEES !"

And if you want to think about shitty theme music, look no further than Gail Kim's. It's so bland and boring that it's no wonder the fans say "Ah, hell, I'm taking a leak" when she comes out. Worst theme music on Raw.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Jim Johnston (WWE Music Director and Composer) must see the shows these days and think 'Well, if the writers can;t be arsed, why should I?'.

Seriously, I hate how half the music is outsourced out now (even if Jim Johnston does write it for bands to perform) - I preferred it when it was all in-house.

Guest Anglesault
I actually like the Evolution theme...its not bad all.

Then maybe you can explain wht "Evolution is a Time Machine" means.

Yeah, the newer music is pretty bad. And it seems like when someone gets new music (Steph, Trish, Christian) it's way worse then the old one

Right, and surprisingly enough, if you want to blame somebody for Trish's shitty Lil' Kim theme, blame Trish herself, because she said in an interview once that she thought her old theme was stale (hey, at least it was recognizable, though, and not heat-killing like your current one is, Trish) and wanted Lil' Kim to do her entrance theme since Trish actually listens to her music.

No, it's "Evolution is a pissed Marine."

Lil' Kim is Trish's favorite female rapper and Coach's theme owns.

What is that NOISE that Lita uses

"Lovefurypassionenergy" by Boy Hits Car

And why was Evolution's superior theme dropped for this shit? They had a great (if generic) theme, but it was decided to add lyrics that make NO SENSE! Why is Evolution a balance beam, and what does that have to do with HHH? What the hell is this man trying to say?

Personally, I loved the Evolution theme they had right before Motorhead came in. Thank God they dropped the ghey horn / fanfare intro.

EDIT:

But why is it a rap song called "Time to Rock and Roll"?

DMX's "X Gonna Give It You" used the words "rock" and "roll".

Sadly enough, I actually find Cade/Jindrak's theme pretty catchy.

I always thought Evolution's theme went:

Evolution's gonna make some tea

Would you like it with a pinch of cream?

Then we can go and climb a tree

Push you out on a pile of fleas.

Guest Anglesault
Lil' Kim is Trish's favorite female rapper and Coach's theme owns.

What is that NOISE that Lita uses

"Lovefurypassionenergy" by Boy Hits Car

Apparently he didn't hit the car hard enough

It's "Evolution is a mystery". I like it, then again I'm a Motohead fan, you have to get used to Lemmy's voice.

They seemed to have settled on one now but it seemed like every week the intro would change, first it was that ticking clock, then a helicopter with a guy going "yeahhhhh", then it was that royal sounding trumpet, now I think it just goes into the song after a guitar sustain. Wazzupwitdat?

HHH probably proposed a mandate saying that no other songs could be as cool as his singles theme.

HHH Joke #904093404942924424244Niner

I wouldn't be surprised though. After all, is it not a coincidence that since last year, HHH has gained so much more clout that he's had any other male, long-haired wrestler (excluding HBK and Nash) cut their hair off? Hell, I think I noticed that Al Snow got his hair cut to medium length last night.

The ticking was the best.

And as for Lita's and Trish's songs, I guess I'm in the minority by saying I don't mind them. And for the record, Lita's song WAS released on a CD- the Forceable Entry CD last year. She used the music starting at X-8 and continued using it for her few appearances before wrecking her neck.

Evolution's gonna make some tea

Would you like it with a pinch of cream?

Then we can go and climb a tree

Push you out on a pile of fleas.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All sarcasm aside, the lyrics to the Evo theme are "Evolution is a mystery," right?

As far as I can tell, yes. Beyond that who knows, except the chorus he still pronounces it as "Evil-lution" which they used for a couple week before dropping, probably because it sounds stupid.

HHH has gained so much more clout that he's had any other male, long-haired wrestler (excluding HBK and Nash) cut their hair off?  Hell, I think I noticed that Al Snow got his hair cut to medium length last night.

What about Jericho?

I like most of Smackdown's themes. The old FBI theme was better than the current one, but most of the themes (John Cena, Chris Benoit, Los Guerreros, Matt Hardy, Kurt Angle, Spanky, etc.) are great.

Guest RollingSambos

It's all production music. JJ doesn't even write 90% of this crap. By the way...

The evolution is a mystery

Full of change that no one sees

Clock makes a fool of history

Yesterday's too long ago

Don't agree with what I know

Tomorrow got no place to be

I see the line in the sand

Time to find out who I am

Lookin' back to see my last stand

The evolution

The evolution

See my reflection change

Nothin' ever stays the same

But you know the name's The Game

We all know what it means

Nothin's ever what it seems

Unforgiven, unforseen...

The Evolution theme by Motorhead ROCKS.

No, it's "Evolution is a pissed Marine."

That explains their hatred of HBK.