TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

Hogan to work TNA on 11/30

Guest nikowwf

Do you really think Hogan will do whats best for TNA, or whats best for Hogan? How much is this going to be anyway? ill be damned if im spending $30 on some PPV headlined by HOGAN/JARRET - i dont care what the undercard is.

i HATE hogan. he is a cancer, and hes spreading to NWA. If he comes in, does one job or does something to at least give someone a rub, and then leaves, its great.

Anything else and he'll poison the company. Its what he does. Its what he's always done since his initial big run.

niko

Oy vey! Well this is interesting on one level and potentially disasterous on another....

The positive from this is that its Hogan v. Jarrett, which is an intruiging match in itself stemming from BATB 2000. Another facet to this is that Russo is in the company and I would assume still has (or had?) stroke. With Hogan in, who knows what will happen here in regards to Russo's power. From how the shows have been lately (which have been good, and the word is that Russo has had almost nothing to do with them), I'd have to say having Russo's power limited or completely halted creatively wouldnt be a bad thing. Also, I think the move to do a Sunday ppv from a different location (Memphis? or maybe just the same arena they used to do Starrcade in Nashville in) and extending the airtime would be interesting too. Plus Hogan in for the time being is a nice short surge of possible revenue, keep in mind I said possibly. But to do this move with doing a 3 hour Sunday ppv, I think this would have been the only possible way for the time being since Hogan is the biggest free agent, hands down.

The negative is of course that Hogan likely is asking a ton of money for this shot, and chances are it wont be long term. As I've said before, I just dont think his price tag is worth the offset to grab a few more viewers for one show. I cant see how they can make any revenue from this move when Hogan is going to get a major payoff here since I would assume the Jarretts had to really stretch it to get him in. They'd be better off signing a guy like Sting to a long term deal instead, if you ask me. Its also unknown if he will be in TNA before this match or not as well in building the match, so the normal ppvs likely wont see any bump either. On that same note, this will somewhat downgrade the normal ppvs on Weds, as they will be building up this supercard instead. Knowing Hogan as well, who knows what power play he will make creatively or otherwise (demand more money)

Real mixed bag of feelings on this move.....I dont think they will make money off this supercard ppv but who knows. Advertising Hogan in TNA for 6 weeks though around the area may get them a decent chunk of change for live ticket sales. I'm not sure it will translate to a massive buy rate though. Think if they charged only $25 or maybe even $20 for the show, that might work. But no way, no how, can they charge $35.

Guest nikowwf

Its following up on an interesting angle that NO ONE saw and was at the time WCW was going down the crapper.

niko

I don't think Hogan coming in is awesome news. Think about it. Did Hogan increase the ratings for the WWF/WWE when he came back? No. Buyrates? No. Fans these days don't care much about Hogan. And I can't say I blame them.

Sure, he'll always be over. ALWAYS. But there's nothing about him that makes you want to tune in week after week to watch him. Russo, for all of his hack ideas, understood this. And he phased Hogan out within 3 or so months to push the younger talent, to try to give WCW a fighting chance again.

I'll be ordering the 11/30 show, as any good TNA fan will, but I'm saying that Hogan joining TNA won't do as much good as most of you think it will. The XWF didn't draw, and it's main focus was Hogan and other known stars. The best way to get TNA more exposure would be a TV deal, and although I agree that Hogan MIGHT help secure a TV deal, I still don't agree with Hogan being brought in.

As for the obvious double-turn coming up...I can't wait. JJ is one of my favorite heels (and I despise him as a face), and AJ is just great at everything. Hopefully AJ retains, and then goes on to feud with wrestlers that aren't, you know, pretty bland (I love JJ's heel schtick, but I find his ring work to be rather boring).

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I wouldn't say Hogan can't draw in ratings. The first few weeks he returned in 2002 ratings went up...then the mighty hand of HHH took over each show and ::whistles: ratings go down again.

If TNA charges $10 for 2 hrs, I can iamgine they would charge either $15-20 for 3. No way wouldx they do a increase to $35 for an extra hour. Even WWA PPV's were only $19.95.

Guest nikowwf
II'll be ordering the 11/30 show, as any good TNA fan will,

Not me - ill vote with my cash. i will buy every TNA show from now until then that does NOT feature Hogan.

The only WWE PPV's i've missed in a few years were the one's Hogan main evented. (Vs. taker and vs. HHH)

niko

See, but the udnercard is bound to have some decent matches that will be given (**GASP!**) time to be good, so I'll watch for those. Then I'll go to the only TNA forum the TNA people check (TotalNonStop) and make it known that Hogan sucks.

Considering Hogan hasn't got one job back in his WWF/E tenure- what makes you think he cares about Jeff Jarrett?

You make no sense. Jarrett is BENEATH Hogan.

Same reason he brought Warrior out of retirement, Hogan thinks he's the best and all that crap.

As a draw, yes, as a person no. And Hogan should have dropped the title to Jeff back at the bash. One of the main problems with Hogan is he doesn't understand in order for there to be heat/interest, the good guy has to loose so he can get the title back. Hogan, having been raised in a different ear/mind-state, has never really seemed to grasps this. And if you doubt it, read Sex Lies and Headlocks when Nash talks to Hogan. Being out of the ME would cost him money, thats all Hogan has ever cared about. Not what is good for business, but what is good for him.

Im sure Rock knows that him being on TV would probably be good for business, but he is making movies. Go to the WWE forum and complain about that. Hogan isn't the only person to be for himself, and he wont be the last. Hell, even Steve Austin refused to put over Jarrett in 99 because of something that happened 8 or something years before.

And Hogan should have dropped the title to Jeff back at the bash.

Hogan wasn't the champ going in- Jarrett was.

One of the main problems with Hogan is he doesn't understand in order for there to be heat/interest, the good guy has to loose so he can get the title back.

Hogan would always build up the big fat heel so he would think they can beat him, sell for him the whole match and then do his thing. And in the WWF he lost to Andre, Taker, etc so he could eventually get his title match.

Hogan, having been raised in a different ear/mind-state, has never really seemed to grasps this.

Yes he has- because he's done it before.

And if you doubt it, read Sex Lies and Headlocks when Nash talks to Hogan. Being out of the ME would cost him money, thats all Hogan has ever cared about. Not what is good for business, but what is good for him.

Damn Hogan for wanting to make lots of money in wrestling.

Quick update I just got from 411:

Latest on much-talked about story...

As reported over the weekend, Hulk Hogan looks to have reached a deal to appear on the 11/30 NWA: TNA PPV. That show will be on a Sunday and be three hours long.

Hogan is expected to headline the show against Jeff Jarrett in a match that will play up on their WCW match which ended up being Hogan's final WCW appearance ever and resulted in lawsuits against Vince Russo and Time Warner.

TNA is NOT looking at this as a one time deal. The hope here is to build a long term angle off of this if the deal can be reached.

TNA is hoping that a Sunday PPV will attract a big portion of the audience that is more used to ordering PPVs on Sunday and not Wednesday. TNA is also hoping that Hogan joining the promotion, as well as a big Sunday PPV, will give a big push to cable companies to consider getting behind the TNA promotion.

Credit: PWTorch.com

I was gonna question that cause I didn't remember Hogan having the belt since the finger poking.

That was in January. He held it again between July and September of that year.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Considering the WCW Title changed hands 20-some times inside of one year, I don't even know who the hell was champion for certain dates from summer of 1999 til early 2001 (when Steiner was champ for the last time).

I think Hogans last reign ended when Sting beat him at Fall Brawl in the worst heel turn ever.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Goldburg...Nash...Flair...DDP...Sting...DDP...Nash ...did Hogan beat Nash for it? or did Nash job to Savage, and then Savage lost it to Hogan the next night.... Damn memory...

Guest Boo_Bradley
Considering the WCW Title changed hands 20-some times inside of one year, I don't even know who the hell was champion for certain dates from summer of 1999 til early 2001 (when Steiner was champ for the last time).

I think Hogans last reign ended when Sting beat him at Fall Brawl in the worst heel turn ever.

Hogan was the challanger, and he laid down instead of fighting... Gburg took his spot later...

It lead to Hogan leaving and The World title Vacated (Right?)

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Hogan was the challanger, and he laid down instead of fighting... Gburg took his spot later...

It lead to Hogan leaving and The World title Vacated (Right?)

Your thinking Halloween Havoc 99 I think.

I'm sure Fall Brawl was Hogan as champ. Didnt Sid beat Benoit for US Title on the card?

Guest Boo_Bradley

Fall Brawl

US title match: Oh, god, let's get this over with. Sid tosses Benoit around and yells a lot. Benoit goes for the knee, however, taking him down to the mat. Sid ignores it and no-sells. They head outside the ring, where Benoit dropkicks the steps into Sid's knee, twice. Sid ignores it and no-sells. Back in and Benoit hits a german suplex (with NO help from Sid) and it's (say it with me) no-sold by Sid. Cobra clutch slam gets two, and to the chinlock we go, because the strain of carrying the match is just too much for Sid. Benoit comes back and hits the crossface out of nowhere, and Sid TAPS OUT trying to reach the ropes. He clearly and deliberately taps the mat three times, but the announcers ignore Sid's screw-up and act like it wasn't a tap-out. Benoit goes for the headbutt, misses, and Sid powerbombs him for the US title. Yeah, go to hell, all of you on the booking committee. I hope you and your fat, stupid asses are the next ones cleaned out by the front office purgings going on. Maybe you can get a job with the WWF cleaning toilets. Oh, and they contradict WCW Live from last week by saying that neither Benoit nor Malenko gets a title shot tomorrow. One more slap in the face to "prove" that the Revolution isn't over so they don't have to push them anymore and make the other fat fucks in WCW look bad. And no, not even Benoit can carry Sid to a good match if he WON'T SELL THE FUCKING KNEE INJURY. What a depressing match. The Revolution is dead. 1/2*

WCW World title match. LET THE RUN-INS BEGIN! Wow, the first one comes before the match even STARTS, as Bret Hart wishes both guys luck and then leaves. And so Hogan and Sting proceed to do the same match from Nitro, almost to the move. I mean, literally, it's the same damn match. Outside the ring, there's no table to get slammed on, so a cable is used instead. Back in the ring for a surfboard and abdominal stretch from Hulk "Gracie" Hogan. He goes into Hollywood mode, with the BACKRAKE OF DOOM and FOREHEAD BITING OF DAMNATION. Wow, I can feel the stars racking up as we speak. Sting comes with the same comeback from Nitro - two Stinger splashes, and a third that misses as Hulk hulks up. And then, JUST LIKE NITRO, someone runs in. In this case, it's DDP, who takes out the ref as Hulk hits the big boot and legdrop. DDP Diamond cuts Hogan, and it gets a two count. So Page does it to the ref, and now the stupidity REALLY begins. Bret! Sid! Luger! I need a fucking scorecard to keep track of everyone running in at this point. Luger has a baseball bat with him, and after Hogan takes him down, Sting grabs the bat and WAFFLES HOGAN, to a huge pop I should add. It's apparently a heel turn, but the crowd seems to be supporting Sting's decision. Scorpion deathlock (and another ref comes in to count it) ends it, as Sting claims title #9. Call it *

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Maybe they should try to book a larger arena if it's going to be a supercard.

After fingerpoke of doom...

Hogan, Flair, DDP, Sting, DDP, Nash, Savage, Hogan, Sting, Goldberg, Bret, Bret, Benoit, Sid, Sid, Jarrett, Arquette, Jarrett, Flair, Jarrett, Nash, Flair, Jarrett, Hogan, Booker, Nash, Booker, Booker, Steiner (last champ)

Hogan is expected to headline the show against Jeff Jarrett in a match that will play up on their WCW match which ended up being Hogan's final WCW appearance ever and resulted in lawsuits against Vince Russo and Time Warner.

AUUUUUUUUGH.

Yeah guys, THIS is the way to get mainstream publicity for TNA... Let's build an angle off a WCW show that nobody remembers and only a couple thousand saw.

It can be explained. WTF do you want them to do? Say Jarrett was Hogan's god son until Jarrett killed Hogan's daughter as a baby by trying to rape her in the bathroom and now Hogan wants revenge?

Guest The Real Nosferatu
It can be explained. WTF do you want them to do? Say Jarrett was Hogan's god son until Jarrett killed Hogan's daughter as a baby by trying to rape her in the bathroom and now Hogan wants revenge?

What the HELL?!?!

Now we know who to blame for Katie Vick angle.