TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

You asked for it, you got it. The Smartmarks

If we get more than 64 nominations and there's votes for multiple movies from one series, you should put the movie series together as one nomination, instead of nominations for each film.

Good idea. How about Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Hellraiser series be lumped into one nomination a piece. Look at it like you are choosing your favorite film from each series when you vote. (In that case, all of them would be the first except Friday the 13th, IMO)

Some of the best horror movies were made before 1970, you know?

Therefore this "tournament of horror movies" is complete bullshit.

Some of the best horror movies were made before 1970, you know?

Therefore this "tournament of horror movies" is complete bullshit.

Reason being, I will be making a classic horror tourney in a few weeks with about 32 movies.

I just felt it would be unfair to compare movies that are obviously superior (many classic movies) to movies that aren't as superior technical wise, but still have massive followings (Evil Dead, NOLTD series, slasher flicks, etc.)

Now shut the fuck up and quit bitching.

Next time, read the whole post before you run your mouth.

Bitch.

"Technical wise?"

I did read the whole post, you twat. There is no need for a classic, tourney, IMO. Most of those movies beat the pants off of the tripe that's released these days.

I did read the whole post, you twat. There is no need for a classic, tourney, IMO. Most of those movies beat the pants off of the tripe that's released these days.

Which is reason enough to have a different tournament.

*Ahem*, "Twat."

"Technical wise?"

Not in a popularity contest.

If you want to throw a bunch of superior old movies that 3 out of 100 people have seen into the mix only to get blown away so you can bitch about it...

Demons

Kaïro

Suicide Circle

to those who've seen Audition: Does it count as a horror movie? There's nothing really horrific about it until the last half hour or so

to those who've seen Audition: Does it count as a horror movie? There's nothing really horrific about it until the last half hour or so

I'd say no.

Ginger Snaps

Wrong Turn

La Invencion de Cronos

I do believe Scream is horror.

*Edit: I changed Tenebrae for "Cronos", thats maybe the best Horror Movie made in Mexico, at least lately.

Edited by HellSpawn

Guest Insanityman

...I always took the first Scream as being a parody to the slasher series. But the other ones were more "horror" movie-ish? I dunno, that's just what I've heard, read, and decided.

Surely The Birds is a special exception to the after 1970 rule? Because it's not obscure (which is the point of the rule, I think) and besides, it's Hitchcock.

The Birds

The Shining

Aliens

Guest El Satanico

bah to The Birds...it's not even that good. It's near the bottom of Hitchcock's film list.

There are only 48 movies nominated. We need 16 more -- either new people nominate a one more or benoitz is going to pick the other's himself!

Guest El Satanico
Well, American Psycho is definitely not horror, it's less horror than Scream.

It's on the fence...but no I wouldn't call it a horror movie.

The end is what makes it something other than horror. If he was actually what he was before the end, I'd probably lean towards horror.