TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doomsault

Bands you recentley discovered....

A LITTLE like Iron Maiden?

Iced Earth is what Iron Maiden would be if Steve Harris listened to thrash metal.

They got the gallops, they got the guitar harmonies, they got the epic songs written about epic poems - it's like the same thing 15 years later.

Which isn't a bad thing - Iced Earth rule the school. You NEED Alive in Athens - such a fucking great CD.

Oh, and one major difference between Metallica and Iced Earth...

Metallica lick fucking goat ass these days. Iced Earth doesn't.

Yeah, it's a good introduction to the band.

For the record though, it's a collection of older songs re-done (Some are just re-mixed (And not in a dance music kinda way, but in an actual mixing of the masters kinda way, if I'm not mistaken) and some are re-sung by Barlow or have different guys playing) which isn't really a BAD thing, but it's something to know, I guess.

Anyway, yeah. Decent CD, but hey, I like most all of their CD's that I've heard (Their early stuff is hard as SHIT to get around here) so take that for what it's worth.

Guest Nacho Nixon

Porcupine Tree and godspeed you black emperor are both a lot better than I assumed they would be, and Sonata Arctica's starting to win me over. On that note, can anyone recommend me a Sonata Arctica album? At like $30 bucks apiece, I want some advice before I commit.

On that note, can anyone recommend me a Sonata Arctica album? At like $30 bucks apiece, I want some advice before I commit.

Eek. I'm not a fan of Sonata Arctica at all, though I do like their cover of Scorpions "Still Loving You." Other than that, I don't like them at all. But, to each his own.

Guest Doomsault

Tony Hawk Underground helped me find out about In Flames, I'd heard alot of people on here talking about them I just never took the initiative to download something by them.

Death in Vegas

Squarepusher

The Jesus and Mary Chain

Aw hell, everyone who was on the Lost in Translation soundtrack. I downloaded everything I could find by everyone on it. It's that good.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I don't like 'em either. You ever heard Autechre, kotz? How about 1,000 Homo DJs?

Zuh? Nope, sure haven't.

I'd also like to add that I've re-discovered all the stuff I listened to around 1998-2000 before I became the well-rounded individual I am today. I hadn't listened to any of my Korn albums in literally a year.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

1000 Homo DJs is an Al Jorgensen project. They did a snappy cover of Black Sabbath's "Supernaut," and fashioned the cover of the cd to say the band name, only look otherwise identical to Master of Reality.

They have a great band name, too. After they recorded some stuff, they still didn't have a name. Apparently, someone asked someone else who exactly would spin their music..the reply, "Probably a thousand homo djs.." So now you know.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh no, that's a GOOD thing. It's all Converge meets Mr. Bungle, on roids.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Dillenger escape plan.

That drummer's insane!

You should check out "Ceramic Godproduct" by Agoraphobic Nosebleed, if you're after various insane drum parts. It's only about 20 seconds long, so it'll download quick.

I've known of this band for a while but I didn't really get into them until lately. They are Senses Fail, they have an excellent E.P. out that I just bought today for five bucks.