TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Interesting Married.. with Children

Guest Boo_Bradley

Most of you have probably seen these, but i found it interesting:

The episode "I'll See You In Court" was slated to be shown in season 3. The producers could not come to an agreement with the network censors. The episode was finally shown in the U.S. on the FX network on June 18, 2002.

The last episode aired on May 5, 1997 on Fox TV.

Longest running show to never win an Emmy.

The last names "Bundy" and "Rhodes" were references to pro wrestlers King Kong Bundy and Dusty Rhodes.

Many of the original "Married... With Children" producers later collaborated on the WB series "Unhappily Ever After", which bore many similarities to "Married".

In some episodes, the Bundy home address is 9764 Jeopardy Lane, Chicago, Illinois. In other episodes, the address is 9674 Jeopardy Lane.

In the episode "England Show Part 1", when the Bundy's arrive at the airport, there is a person holding a sign in the background with the last name: Leavitt. Another person holds a sign that says Moye. This is a reference to Ron Leavitt (executive producer) and 'Moye, Michael G.' (writer) of the show.

After the '92-93 season, Seven's mysterious disappearance is punned many times such as in the Touchdown Trivia episode, when Al is filling Kelly's head with sports facts, she forgets about Buck and Seven, and in the Carpool episode, Seven's face is shown as "Missing" on the Bundy's milk carton

The roles of Al and Peg Bundy were first offered to Sam Kinison and Roseanne.

Ted McGinley first appeared on the show as "Norman Jablonsky" in episode: "It's a Bundyful Life: Part 2".

In "Get the Dodge Out of Hell", Episode #917, Jefferson has a job at the car wash and the apron he wears reads "Traugott's House of Scrubbin'." Walter Traugott was the man who Jefferson supposedly had killed while watching a baseball game in Episode #820 "The D'Arcy Files" because he knew of Jefferson's past as a spy.

The show spawned the spin-off "Top of the Heap" which characters from both shows casts would frequently appear on the others. The show later became "Vinnie & Bobby" before finally being cancelled.

---

I only wish I hadn't been banned from watching this show as a youth. I missed out, This show was my "forbiden fruit", so to speak.

The show spawned the spin-off "Top of the Heap" which characters from both shows casts would frequently appear on the others. The show later became "Vinnie & Bobby" before finally being cancelled

Wasn't Matt LeBlanc in that?

The show spawned the spin-off "Top of the Heap" which characters from both shows casts would frequently appear on the others. The show later became "Vinnie & Bobby" before finally being cancelled

Yeah. He was Al's friend Charlie's son. Remember the episode where Al is seeking out that "Hmm Hmm Hiiiiiim" song? I'm pretty sure that was the actual spinoff ep.

Yeah. He was Al's friend Charlie's son. Remember the episode where Al is seeking out that "Hmm Hmm Hiiiiiim" song? I'm pretty sure that was the actual spinoff ep.

Actually it was a different episode where Al comes back and steals Charlies TV. I believe that episode was Top of The Heap.

Strangely enough, I saw a syndicated episode with Seven the other day... I thought (since I never saw them beyond the original airings) that all episodes from the Seven season were banned because of a) the embarassment of Seven and b) Katey Sagal's miscarriage and thus the screwed up pregnancy angle

I could've been wrong though

QUOTE (Zack Malibu @ Oct 14 2003, 10:58 AM)

QUOTE (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct 14 2003, 01:55 PM)

Actually it was a different episode where Al comes back and steals Charlies TV. I believe that episode was Top of The Heap.

Yeah the Top Of The Heap spinoff ep he's thinking about was a MWC ep were it's mostly Charlie and Vinny with the plot being Charlie to get his son into marrying a rich girl I think. Al shows up for a minute or two at the shoestore and then at the end. That was an awful ep.

So... where did D'Arcy come from? Or was that just to give Marcy a ridiculous rhyming name?

Just for a ridiculous name. The first name could be one of two reasons. He was on "Happy Days" as a coach at Jefferson High School or because the series creators were writing on the "Jeffersons".

Guest NCJ

Married With Children ah memroies damn Fox used to be the shit.

MWC, Early Simpsons, In Living Color, Herman's Head, Martin, and Living Single. That was an incredible line up.

Remember how Fox screwed around with MWC. First they changed the opening around. Before they would play the theme and then go into the ep but, in the last 2 years they would have the show start for a minute or two and THEN go into the theme.

And then they keep changing the time around. While, MWC had been on Sunday Night forever Fox moved it to Saturday Night, the dead zone. It didn't do to well, big shock, so Fox moved it back to Sunday Night. Then sometime after that they moved MWC to Monday Night. And that moving around killed it's ratings.

And fact I remember one ep after they had moved to Monday on the opening Al and the gang were standing around talking about how Fox is so dumb by moving them around first Saturday, then back to Sunday and now Monday and Fox didn't know they the hell they were doing. Then cast turns and sees that the cameras are on and they stop and leave. I thought that was to funny.

Married With Children ah memroies damn Fox used to be the shit.

MWC, Early Simpsons, In Living Color, Herman's Head, Martin, and Living Single. That was an incredible line up.

Herman's head OWNED back in the day. Hank Azaria is a GOD.

The one ep of MWC I hated was when Polk High reunited to play their old rivals, the Onassis First Ladies. I got alot of shit from my friends for that ep, as Polk's QB, Thad, had a sex change operation and was now living as a woman. It's one of two times that my name has been on tv that I can rememebr.

The other time was an SNL ep where the "Guy Who Played Mr. Belividere" fan club was trying to give him a name. Farley said "How about Thaddeus?"

There's some stupid facts from me.

The other time was an SNL ep where the "Guy Who Played Mr. Belividere" fan club was trying to give him a name. Farley said "How about Thaddeus?"

<marks out for Brocktune>

Down here in Mexico, some trivia facts about Seinfeld said that Michael Richards - Kramer, was almost picked to be Al Bundy.

Now about some more facts...

I remember something about one episode that I think you guy in USA didnt saw:

The one were both families were on a trip and the Bundy Curse came knocking the dooor...

Marcy, Peg & Kelly got her period and they were locked on a cabin with the guys.

It was so f'n funny.

Guest JMA

Man, I LOVED the old Fox. The shows were so... innovative. I was always allowed to watch MWC as a kid, and loved it. It was so different than any other show on at the time. Not to mention The Simpsons came on the same night. I was also a HUGE Herman's Head mark. In Living Color and Martin were also two favorites of mine. I never really got into Living Single, though.

The one were both families were on a trip and the Bundy Curse came knocking the dooor...

Marcy, Peg & Kelly got her period and they were locked on a cabin with the guys.

It was so f'n funny.

We saw that in the U.S., alright. Funny stuff.

One of the producers said they got into an argument with FOX over that episode. The actual title was "A Period Piece", but FOX ordered a change to "The Camping Show". A stupid argument when you realize that the episode titles never got on the air.

It was so f'n funny.

One of the producers said they got into an argument with FOX over that episode. The actual title was "A Period Piece", but FOX ordered a change to "The Camping Show". A stupid argument when you realize that the episode titles never got on the air.

That episode was aired here, the episode that wasn't aired was about Peg and Al going to a motel recommended by Steve and Marcy and finding out that the owners of the place record it's guest having sex...which they find out when they turn on the tv to see Steve and Marcy going at it, heh.

That was funny too.

Then both couples sued the Motel, both as usual...

The bundys lost because they didnt think what Al & Peg did was sex :)

Later they do it in the courtroom, Peg is happy.... and again they are taped, now by the courtroom security camera.

Did they ever explain Seven's disappearance or just one of those "he was never there" kind of ordeals?

It was so f'n funny.

That episode was aired here, the episode that wasn't aired was about Peg and Al going to a motel recommended by Steve and Marcy and finding out that the owners of the place record it's guest having sex...which they find out when they turn on the tv to see Steve and Marcy going at it, heh.

It ended up airing on FX a long time ago.