TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elbarto997

Best. Restaurant. EVER!, Worst. Restaurant. EVER!

I think the place was Gibson's. Anyway, I really liked that place.

I hate eating at The Ground Round, because the food blows and the chicken has soe chemical that induces crapping 20 minutes after eating EVERY time.:(

Best fast food: Taco Bell, Something about Mt. Dew in those plastic cups makes it colder and better.

Worst fast food: Boston Market Drive Thru. God, could they seperate the food any worse??! I don't like chicken crushed in cheese and spiced apples and the "secure" (ha!) container cracked and my seats covered in grease/cheese/who knows what else. I guess Boston is cursed with having everything shitty.

-EdO

Guest El Satanico
I just find it funny to see people calling Arby's, Denny's, and Cracker Barrel "real restaurants."

I only saw Arby's called a fast food restaurant. Denny's is technically a real restaurant, it's just very low grade.

I fail to see the problem with calling Cracker Barrel a real restaurant.

I visited Chicago during August 2001, and got invited to eat dinner with some voice actors/actresses of the Dragonball Z show (Bulma, Krillin) and later Jason Mewes of J & SB fame. It was during Wizard World's 2001 Chicago convention and the restaurant was directly across the street from the Rosement Convention Center.

It was super high-class and extremely pricy, but forever remains the greatest food/drink I have tried. Anyone have an idea of the name of the place? I believe it's one word.

Rosewood or Carlucci, maybe? Propbably one of those two, since Rosemont itself is like what, one mile of Mannheim Road?

You're not thinking of the White Eagle over in either Niles or Des Plaines, I'll tell you that much right now. They have their signs in English AND Polish but most of the people working there don't really speak either proficiently. Actually in retrospect that's good because the one who did speak English was the one who informed me that duck soup is made with duck's blood. Not appealing to a younger kid. At all.

I just find it funny to see people calling Arby's, Denny's, and Cracker Barrel "real restaurants."

I only saw Arby's called a fast food restaurant. Denny's is technically a real restaurant, it's just very low grade.

There are only 2 real restaurants in my town both of which are steak houses that primary does dinner only. Everything else here is fastfood (Wendy's) or diner (Waffle House) or beer & burger joint (Chili's or Applebee's)

Guest El Satanico

There are only 2 real restaurants in my town both of which are steak houses that primary does dinner only. Everything else here is fastfood (Wendy's) or diner (Waffle House) or beer & burger joint (Chili's or Applebee's)

I always thought any restaurant that's primarily sit down and has a wait staff, was considered a real restaurant. Albeit with a varying degree of quality.

I always thought any restaurant that's primarily sit down and has a wait staff, was considered a real restaurant. Albeit with a varying degree of quality.

That was my criteria too.

I mean there are 'real' real restaurants here, with meals that start at around 40-50 bucks, but I don't go to those.

Fast Food Burger places. Best- Wendy's, Worst- Roy Rogers

Sit down chain restaraunts- Best- Smokey Bones BBQ, Worst- Bugaboo Creek ( I must kill the animotronic talking moose heads)

Pizza places- Best: Papa John's, Worst- Pizza Hut(Although you can't really screw up Pizza)

Rosewood or Carlucci, maybe? Propbably one of those two, since Rosemont itself is like what, one mile of Mannheim Road?

I've been to Carlucci once, and it was fantastic.

Also, if you're ever in Woodridge, Illinois(west suburbs of Chicago), I HIGHLY recommend hitting up Doggie Diner. You can get 2 dogs, an order of fries, and a beer for less than $5. Their fries smoke everybody else's. There's also onein Bolingbrook, if you're in that neck-of-the-woods.

Edited by B. Brian Brunzell

1 - Boston Market is owned by McDonalds.

2 - Churches Chicken and Popeyes are owned by the same company.

3 - Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut are owned by the same company too. You might actually know this if you live in an area that has all 3 in one place (ie you could order chicken, pizza and tacos in 1 order).

As for Hardees/Carls Jr, the only reason Hardees has Roast Beef is because they bought out Roy Rogers a few years back. I personally wouldn't buy their roast beef though. And speaking of Hardee's, their thickburgers are horrible. The first and only 1 I ever ordered was half raw in the center. Common burger knowledge : More burgers > Heavier patties. The heavier patties take longer to cook and will more often than not be under cooked.

Places I like:

Boston Market (I eat there whenever Im in Annapolis)

Fuddruckers (Best non fast food burger)

Arby's (Best Fries and Roast Beef)

Chick-fil-A (Best chicken)

Olive Garden (Good Italian food)

IHOP (Best place for breakfast here)

Subway (Best place for Subs)

Taco Bell (Only local fast food taco place)

Pizza Hut or Little Ceasars

Waffle House (I spent 2 years in SC..I love Waffles)

Cracker Barrel (I like the atmosphere and the food is good)

Places I hate:

Wendy's (WORST FRIES EVER!)

McDonalds (Bleh)

KFC (I don't like their chicken)

Applebees (bleh again)

Golden Corral (I hate buffets..)

Denny's (over priced)

Bob Evans (their dinner stinks, breakfast is ok..)

Red Lobster (mainly cause Im allergic to shellfish)

Domino's or Papa Johns'

Places I've never been -

Outback Steakhouse (they are building one in town)

Chili's (opens next week)

TGI Friday's (Theres one in Dover, DE but thats too far to go to)

In n Out Burger (only out in California..damnit)

Edited by MarvinisaLunatic

Guest El Satanico

We have a few KFC/Pizza Hut combo places.

The only thing I can think of about them is..."imagine a grease fire in there"

I usually fucking hate Denny's but I had a decent meal their last Friday night( Kind of an oxymoron) and their menu's gotten a hell of a lot better in the past 4 or 5 years since I've been there( The menu was like 20 different variations on Grand Slams and hamburgers).

3 - Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut are owned by the same company too. You might actually know this if you live in an area that has all 3 in one place (ie you could order chicken, pizza and tacos in 1 order).

In one town near me, there's a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo and a KFC across the highway. Next to the KFC is Checker's, next to Taco Bell is Wendy's, caddy corner from Wendy's there's a Burger King. There's also a Roy Rogers', McDonalds, Subway and Boston Market within a half a mile.

That's screwed up.

The company is Pepsi, by the way.

I got a shit load of free entree coupons for Denny's. Must be at least 30 of them. I function as the Human Resource Manager at 5 of the stores I help run and it is fun getting all these comps. Now if only Denny's was edible...

3 - Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut are owned by the same company too.  You might actually know this if you live in an area that has all 3 in one place (ie you could order chicken, pizza and tacos in 1 order).

The company is Pepsi, by the way.

Not anymore. They separated from Pepsi (but still have a deal w/ them for pouring rights) and are Yum! Brands now. Yum! also owns the A&W restaurants and Long John Silver's.

Places I like:

Fuddruckers (Best non fast food burger)

Places I've never been -

In n Out Burger (only out in California..damnit)

Fuddruckers IS awesome. Great burgers and awesome shakes.

And I've only been to one In N Out Burger, but it was good.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The A&W and Long John Silver's are a weird creature when blended. The other day, I went through one of those, and ordered a piece of that greasy ass fish, and a chili dog. To my surprise, the two frolicked gracefully in my digestive tract when kept in a cool bath of foamy root beer. I expected a race with the devil to get home, but thankfully, the meal wasn't TNT.

The A&W and Long John Silver's are a weird creature when blended. The other day, I went through one of those, and ordered a piece of that greasy ass fish, and a chili dog. To my surprise, the two frolicked gracefully in my digestive tract when kept in a cool bath of foamy root beer. I expected a race with the devil to get home, but thankfully, the meal wasn't TNT.

Fish and chili dog...is that supposed to have a double meaning?

:bonk:

Guest Choken One

Any Fuckers worth their shit know that you can't NOT like Skyline Chili or it's bastard rip-off Gold Star Chili.

I enjoy calling Fuddruckers Futtbuckers, but I can't remember ever eating there...

In n Out is fine, they just have bad fries. And a Bible verse on the bottom of their cups.

We have a few KFC/Pizza Hut combo places.

The only thing I can think of about them is..."imagine a grease fire in there"

I have been to a Taco Bell/KFC and the combos ruled such as the chicken tenders, potato wedges, 2 tacos for $4.25

We don't all have money like Michael Jackson.

Actually, if he's on the verge of bankruptcy like they say, I'd say that yes, we do.

Point is taken, though. However, there's nothing wrong with hitting the pricey places every once in a while, especially if you're trying to impress someone, or you want to propose, etc. Assuming that you're working and not still in school, of course - in which case be as frugal as you wanna...

On the ownership front, McDonald's owns (or owned) Boston Market, Chipotle and Pret a Manger. In Canada, Wendy's owns Tim Hortons, Timothy's owns Mmmuffins and Cara Foods owns Swiss Chalet, Harvey's and (I think) Second Cup.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Those Tim Horton's places are proliferating. They've got 'em in Ohio now, so it's only a matter of time until the Canuckery seeps through the remainder of the midwest.

Those Tim Horton's places are proliferating. They've got 'em in Ohio now, so it's only a matter of time until the Canuckery seeps through the remainder of the midwest.

They should rename them Stan Mikita Donuts in Illinois...

...and if you don't get that, well, you're making me feel all of my near-30 years...