TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jesse Badass

The new Kid Rock CD

I didn't even know about it. And yeah it's almost a guarantee that he'll mention himself atleast 10 times in every song, cuss ever 10 seconds, and mention how many records he's sold in atleast 3 songs.

Guest Choken One

I thought I heard he was going to the "Picture" route and doing bunch of Country style songs and duets...

Good Idea..Picture was a huge radio hit and the rapping bad ass got old.

I thought I heard he was going to the "Picture" route and doing bunch of Country style songs and duets...

Good Idea..Picture was a huge radio hit and the rapping bad ass got old.

A lot of the last album was country influenced. Download "What I Learned Out On The Road", that's probably the best of his third offering on a major label. The rap/rock style shit he tried like "Cocky" and "Forever" were terrible. I still think the "Devil Without A Cause" album was genius and perfect for it's time. I don't see how anyone can deny "Only God Knows Why.

More recommendations: (from The History Of Rock)

"My Oedipus Complex"

"Aboriton"

"Dark And Grey"

"Prodigal Son"

Edited by JAxlMorrison

Kid Rock should stick to the country/blues rock style. The rap/rock-metal is a slow passing fab dying out. Rock inspired blues and country will never die. May not be the hottest thing, but it will always be around.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Only God Knows Why sucked because it was a song about the pressures of fame....which he wrote before he was famous.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Yeah, he was pretty big when the song came out, but the song was on the same album that his first hit was on, so when he wrote the song, it was before he had any hits or real fame, although I admittedly don't know about the whole thing as far as the local scale goes.

Guest Flyboy
I still think the "Devil Without A Cause" album was genius and perfect for it's time.

I wouldn't say it was an album of genius, but it was a very good album.. I will give it that much.

Guest Choken One
Yeah, he was pretty big when the song came out, but the song was on the same album that his first hit was on, so when he wrote the song, it was before he had any hits or real fame, although I admittedly don't know about the whole thing as far as the local scale goes.

Pretty much was a Icon in Detroit but that was about it but it's not hard to wiite about the pressures of fame.

Was this a Genius album?

No, It was kid rock just doing some fun stuff that made for good party music and really that's all you can ask for from what he was doing.

Nowadays, Rock smartly is completely emerged into the country scene as there he would be a stable steady superstar because he evokes comparisons to Williams and has the blues stuff down pat.

Well I heard the radio single from this album and its a cover of Bad Company's "Feel Like Makin' Love", and oh fucking boy was it ever crap.

Nay, it was the crap of the crap of the crap of the crap.

Can't be worst then Mariah's version of "Bringin' on the heartbreak."

Worst. Cover. EVER.

That was the Def Leppard cover right? I pretty much think that Def Leppard is one of the worst bands ever (easily the worst band with a one-armed drummer) so I can't say a cover is bad when it's covering a shitty song to begin with. It seems right on par.

Now if she disgraced Bon Jovi, we'd have a problem.

I still think the "Devil Without A Cause" album was genius and perfect for it's time.

Please never talk about music again.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I expected that. You're just not looking at it from the right perspective. The guy is what he is, he's not trying to be a Radiohead or a Coldplay. That's why I said the album was perfect for it's time. Grunge was getting boring, and people wanted an album just to rock to, and "Devil Without A Cause" filled that void. And, at least he is an easier pill to swallow then Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park.

Only God Knows Why sucked because it was a song about the pressures of fame....which he wrote before he was famous.

Written in jail after he signed his big deal with his current label, and a night full of boozing. Yeah it was written before he was famous, but he also had a song that screamed "I'M GOING PLATINUM" before he had sold a single copy of "Devil Without A Cause". No one has said the guy doesn't have a huge ego.

Also, I have no interest in hearing his cover of Bad Company. Note to Rock and Durst: If I wanna hear classic rock, I will put on the goddamn classic rock station and hear the originals.

Can't be worst then Mariah's version of "Bringin' on the heartbreak."

Worst. Cover. EVER.

That was the Def Leppard cover right? I pretty much think that Def Leppard is one of the worst bands ever (easily the worst band with a one-armed drummer) so I can't say a cover is bad when it's covering a shitty song to begin with. It seems right on par.

Now if she disgraced Bon Jovi, we'd have a problem.

Was it Def Leppard? I thought it was Dokken. Where's Metal Ed when you need him?

The current trend in music seems to be shitty covers of good songs. Boys of Summer, Behind Blue Eyes, and now Feel Like Makin' Love. It's like no one can write their own music anymore.